ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   LT a priority in the draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158021)

Chiefnj 02-09-2007 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
Just a question, but what do Law and Surtain have to do with safety?

Nothing at all, it was a typo. Not enough coffee.

I think we need safety depth at least, I do think both Pollard and Page will be starters.

And in regards to Law and Surtain, I've said all along that we need a CB in this draft. It's a real need, just like DT and OT.

CB is likely to be an area where KC can get good value in round 1.

htismaqe 02-09-2007 09:19 AM

CB and WR, to me, represent the two positions where we might be able to get a true impact player (as opposed to filling a hole with a merely adequate OT or DT) in the 1st round.

Tribal Warfare 02-09-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

CB and WR, to me, represent the two positions where we might be able to get a true impact player (as opposed to filling a hole with a merely adequate OT or DT) in the 1st round.

CB Darrelle Revis is another possibility

Extra Point 02-10-2007 03:34 PM

ESPN Radio interviewed Daymeion Hughes, who indicated that Kiper upgraded him to be picked by NE. KC has an earlier pick, and Hughes said he's talked with several teams, including the Chiefs. When asked if he'd like to play for NO, KC, and other teams, he said he talked to Gunther and really would like to play under him.

Tribal Warfare 02-10-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extra Point
ESPN Radio interviewed Daymeion Hughes, who indicated that Kiper upgraded him to be picked by NE. KC has an earlier pick, and Hughes said he's talked with several teams, including the Chiefs. When asked if he'd like to play for NO, KC, and other teams, he said he talked to Gunther and really would like to play under him.

That's another possibility

Iowanian 02-13-2007 11:54 AM

I don't think the Chiefs will draft an OT high in this draft, unless Brown or Thomas Fall(won't happen).

A "Carl Peterson move" will be to make a run at an average FA LT like Mike Gandy.

DT, WR or LB will likely be the first day picks IMO.

Spicy McHaggis 02-13-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

With so many holes, targetting any one position is a mistake. Take the BPA, get a playmaker, and make the whole team better in the process.

That's the great part about this team!!! We've got so many needs it'll be hard to **** it up!!!

On a serious note I agree with you. Draft the best available guy and chances are he'll be an upgrade over what we have, whether that's due to talent, age or both. Actually depending on who is there at our pick I wouldn't be averse to trading down either.