ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   206-235-249 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158121)

Frazod 02-10-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
I wanna know how you bowl a 40 Saul. Lets hear it.

Lots of gutter balls and all open frames. Sadly, I've come pretty close to that mark a time or two. :shake:

morphius 02-10-2007 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Lots of gutter balls and all open frames. Sadly, I've come pretty close to that mark a time or two. :shake:

I could beat a 40 bowling by walking to the line and bowling between my legs...

Archie F. Swin 02-10-2007 12:32 AM

I bowled a 220...then my friend was quite hasty to tell me I was not scoring properly. Turns out I only bowled a 180.

Frazod 02-10-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I could beat a 40 bowling by walking to the line and bowling between my legs...

I think I got so frustrated at the end of one of those games I actually tried that. :deevee:

Silock 02-10-2007 12:46 AM

I bowled a zero.

It's like golf -- low score wins.

morphius 02-10-2007 12:49 AM

Quote:

I think I got so frustrated at the end of one of those games I actually tried that. :deevee:

I did it a few weeks ago at a work thing, did pretty well. Even was able to get a spare.

Frazod 02-10-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morphius
I did it a few weeks ago at a work thing, did pretty well. Even was able to get a spare.

Even when I bowled regularly 20 years ago, a good game was in the 140 range. I never could figure out how to throw the hook, so I'm pretty much doomed to stink at it. The wife and I probably bowl twice a year. Some nights are better than others, but the really bad ones can be really scary.

vincent 02-10-2007 01:36 AM

My high is 199... I wanted to break 200 so bad...I needed to get a spare in the 10th...

...GUTTERBALL! Then almost got kicked out for slapping the crap out of the ball return...

crazycoffey 02-10-2007 04:11 AM

you're a good bowler

HemiEd 02-10-2007 07:50 AM

Quote:

Even when I bowled regularly 20 years ago, a good game was in the 140 range. I never could figure out how to throw the hook, so I'm pretty much doomed to stink at it. The wife and I probably bowl twice a year. Some nights are better than others, but the really bad ones can be really scary.

Like Morphius said, the equipment is important. You need to have a ball drilled for you. Good ones are not cheap, $250 for a premium resin ball.

2112 02-10-2007 08:12 AM

I haven't bowled in a league since 1991..as a matter of fact..I don't think I have gone bowling since..anyway..when you go from full finger drilled holes in your ball to finger tip drilled holes in your ball is when you elevate your game with lots of practice,from my experience..my high game was 269..I always drank when I was bowling..so..the first game was always my best..
Question:when I stopped bowling..urethane balls were just coming out..what are the latest trends?
BTW..Ed..Nice scores!! :D

tiptap 02-10-2007 08:16 AM

Can we have peoples duck pin scores? My high is 168.

morphius 02-10-2007 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd
Like Morphius said, the equipment is important. You need to have a ball drilled for you. Good ones are not cheap, $250 for a premium resin ball.

I tend to go with what I consider the third tier balls, in that $125 range. Of course you add drilling and those end up being $150.

Fraz - as a note, a lot of the balls that hook have an odd shaped wood core in them, where the house ball only has a simple round core. The cover of a house ball is plastic which doesn't grip much at all. I'm also guessing that you throw the ball pretty hard, which doesn't give it much time to grip either.

morphius 02-10-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vos
I haven't bowled in a league since 1991..as a matter of fact..I don't think I have gone bowling since..anyway..when you go from full finger drilled holes in your ball to finger tip drilled holes in your ball is when you elevate your game with lots of practice,from my experience..my high game was 269..I always drank when I was bowling..so..the first game was always my best..
Question:when I stopped bowling..urethane balls were just coming out..what are the latest trends?
BTW..Ed..Nice scores!! :D

Most of them come with something they call Reactive

Dartgod 02-10-2007 09:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
First in with the 300 game.

I've actually bowled two of them, the first was not in league or sanctioned. I also had a 290, with a solid 10-pin in the first and then 11 in a row. All of these were in the same year, 1991.