ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KU officially #3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158833)

acesn8s 02-26-2007 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief
Against who?

OU sucks this season. The teams we played in Norman previously to this season were good teams unlike this season. Texas is one deminsional (Durant) even though Augustine is playing well, he'll be matched up against a great guard trio of KU.

I expect KU to play their asses off to be honest with you to solidfy not only the conference title (i hope TXAM loses sometime) but to solidfy their hopeful #1 seed in the tourney.

They lost to Texas A&M and Texas Tech already this year. I'm sure they will meet one of them in the Big 12 tourney. It could be an upset by MU. OK St. may have redemption on thier mind after all they were embarassed by KU. IT's Big 12, it's tourney time, and it's the reason why it is called March Madness.

CoMoChief 02-26-2007 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
They lost to Texas A&M and Texas Tech already this year. I'm sure they will meet one of them in the Big 12 tourney. It could be an upset by MU. OK St. may have redemption on thier mind after all they were embarassed by KU. IT's Big 12, it's tourney time, and it's the reason why it is called March Madness.

Sorry, but when KU is playing great, the rest of the Big12 is just inferior. Collins is the x factor of this team and I assume he will be starting come tourney time.

acesn8s 02-26-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but when KU is playing great, the rest of the Big12 is just inferior.

CoMoChief 02-26-2007 06:22 PM

Yeah, just so happens they ARE playing great at the moment.

acesn8s 02-26-2007 06:41 PM

Quote:

Yeah, just so happens they ARE playing great at the moment.

Against who?
Missouri (6-8 17-10)
Iowa St. (5-9 14-14)
Colorado (2-12 6-18)
Nebraska (5-8 16-11)
Kansas St. (9-5 20-9)

Are these the powerhouses that you hang your hat on? These are the last 5 teams that KU has played. Who wouldn't play well against these chumps?

chiefsfan987 02-26-2007 07:39 PM

Its nice to see the hawks ranked so high, but I think A&M should have leapfrogged us in the rankings. After all they have a higher rpi and they beat us in our own house. It doesn't make sense that we're ranked ahead of them.

acesn8s 02-26-2007 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefsfan987
Its nice to see the hawks ranked so high, but I think A&M should have leapfrogged us in the rankings. After all they have a higher rpi and they beat us in our own house. It doesn't make sense that we're ranked ahead of them.

Careful. KU homers may read that and attack you for it. FWIW I agree.

Lzen 02-26-2007 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
Against who?
Missouri (6-8 17-10)
Iowa St. (5-9 14-14)
Colorado (2-12 6-18)
Nebraska (5-8 16-11)
Kansas St. (9-5 20-9)

Are these the powerhouses that you hang your hat on? These are the last 5 teams that KU has played. Who wouldn't play well against these chumps?

In all fairness, those wins haven't just been wins. They have blown out those teams. KU is playing as good as any team in the country right now. That being said, we've seen streaks before only to have them lost a game that nobody thought they should lose. I love my Hawks, but I'm not a blind homer. Killer instinct is something they lacked earlier in the season. Of course, they seem to have had that killer instinct in the past several games. Hopefully, that will continue.

Silock 02-26-2007 08:00 PM

Quote:

Think quality of losses. I'm not saying it makes sense; just that that's part of it.

chiefsfan987 02-26-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
Think quality of losses. I'm not saying it makes sense; just that that's part of it.

I'm pretty sure our losses are worse than A&M's as well. They didn't by chance lose to Oral Roberts at home did they? I know they lost to Tech twice, but thats also someone we lost to.

Skip Towne 02-26-2007 08:03 PM

Quote:

Hey, we're KANSAS.

chiefsfan987 02-26-2007 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne
Hey, we're KANSAS.

Thats exactly why I think we're ranked ahead of A&M. Its fine with me, but I don't think it makes much sense.

Lzen 02-26-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Sorry, but when KU is playing great, the rest of the Big12 is just inferior. Collins is the x factor of this team and I assume he will be starting come tourney time.

I love Collins. But man, tonight he showed that he is just a freshman. It appears that the pressure of starting (at least on the road) is too much for him. He is much better off the bench.

007 02-26-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Yeah but since when have the polls ever made any sense? Personally, I think if a team beats you, especially at home, they should automatically leapfrog you in the polls.

Lzen 02-26-2007 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Yeah but since when have the polls ever made any sense? Personally, I think if a team beats you, especially at home, they should automatically leapfrog you in the polls.

It's not always that simple. Sometimes a team beats another team. But that team had already beaten a team that had beaten the first team. You have to take into account the whole story. I don't know who AM has played or their RPI or any of that. I'm just saying that method wouldn't always work.