ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Channel 9 news reporting that the Chiefs are shopping Trent (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158920)

Reerun_KC 02-28-2007 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey
I agree with this, mostly - only difference, go ahead and play Brodie, see if he grows at all over a few games, if he declines, then pop back huard and draft another QB next year.

If we are going for a youth movement and play Huard all year, that would be dumb, IMO. Cause then next year there is still uncertainty about Brodie or Drafting a QB, Lets find out what we have now.

True, this is the time to unload and rebuild... It seems we are just using a stop gap with Huard... Why not put Croyle in, get the experience and roll on?

Trent will be missed, he has and always will be one of the 3 greatest Chiefs QB to ever step on the field. (Dawson and Montana)

He will be hard to replace.

Direckshun 02-28-2007 10:00 AM

Yeah I'd put Trent at #3.

jAZ 02-28-2007 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
I doubt that. Trent has no leverage in a renegotiation anyway.

What's his cap hit?

Bowser 02-28-2007 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
What's his cap hit?

9 mil plus.

It will be sad to see Trent go. He's been our best QB since Dawson, and some would argue he was as good as Len was.

I also agree witht the above. Send him to Chicago where he would have a chance to win a ring on a team HE led.

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2007 10:09 AM

Jason Campbell:

110-207
53.1comp%
1297 yards
10TD 6INT
76.5 Rating

Trent Green:

121-198
61.1comp%
1342 yards
7TD 9 INT
74.1 Rating

Explain to me why the Skins would sit Jason Campbell now, and **** with his head even more? They already have an aging QB on the roster, they don't need TG.

Jason Campbell is the QBOTF for the Washington Redskins.

Brock 02-28-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jAZ
What's his cap hit?

His salary is 7.2 million. I don't know what the signing bonus factor is, but that is going to be the same whether you cut him or trade him. The only reason to renegotiate with him that I can see is if you want to keep him around as a backup.

FringeNC 02-28-2007 10:22 AM

My advice to Trent would be to tell the Chiefs he is not restructuring, get cut, and then go play for a team that doesn't have a moron as a head coach. Why would you want to play for a Herm Edwards offense if you didn't have to?

Edit: Trent Green is not getting traded. No team is going to pick up his current contract, and why would he renegotiate first? Get cut, and go to the team he wants.

Bowser 02-28-2007 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock
His salary is 7.2 million. I don't know what the signing bonus factor is, but that is going to be the same whether you cut him or trade him. The only reason to renegotiate with him that I can see is if you want to keep him around as a backup.

I think somebody had a post of salaries not too long ago, and Trent's was second only to Surtain's. I assumed that included signing bonuses.

CosmicPal 02-28-2007 10:24 AM

No offense, I love Trent, but after this past season with the concussion and his inability to perform like the QB he was before the concussion- I doubt anyone would want him.

It's not a good time to be shopping him 'cause we would be lucky to get anything out of it. I can however, see the Chiefs shop him in a package deal with Jared Allen or something like that. But, to shop him alone, I just don't see any team willing to give up anything higher than a 5th or 6th round after his performance last season.

It's not how you performed over the course of your career that matters as much as how you performed the last 16 games. And his last 16 games were pretty bad.

NewChief 02-28-2007 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal
No offense, I love Trent, but after this past season with the concussion and his inability to perform like the QB he was before the concussion- I doubt anyone would want him.

It's not a good time to be shopping him 'cause we would be lucky to get anything out of it. I can however, see the Chiefs shop him in a package deal with Jared Allen or something like that. But, to shop him alone, I just don't see any team willing to give up anything higher than a 5th or 6th round after his performance last season.

It's not how you performed over the course of your career that matters as much as how you performed the last 16 games. And his last 16 games were pretty bad.

I think you're underestimating the opinion coaches who have worked with Trent in the past have of him, four of whom are now head coaches in the NFL.

FringeNC 02-28-2007 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief
I think you're underestimating the opinion coaches who have worked with Trent in the past have of him, four of whom are now head coaches in the NFL.

At least if Trent does get cut, you can spill the beans as to what Trent actually thinks about Herm and his so-called offense.

crazycoffey 02-28-2007 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
True, this is the time to unload and rebuild... It seems we are just using a stop gap with Huard... Why not put Croyle in, get the experience and roll on?

Trent will be missed, he has and always will be one of the 3 greatest Chiefs QB to ever step on the field. (Dawson and Montana)

He will be hard to replace.

Yes he will be hard to replace, I like trent alot, and I agree best QB we've ever had, arguable to second behind Lenny only.

I also like the scenerio for him to go to Chicago, great D, good running game and line, they are set to win now and the only true missing piece is the QB.

If their game to trade for trent and not scared off by his performance last year/concussion.

CosmicPal 02-28-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief

The guy wasn't the same after the concussion. Period. He lost his confidence in the pocket. He couldn't throw with authority. And he simply looked lost out there- with absolutely no determination, and a fear of throwing downfield.

Had it not been for that concussion, and his play after coming back from the injury- he'd certainly demand high trade value, even if he's only capable of playing a couple of more years.

But, I'd be surprised to see any team willing to give up anything more than a 5th rounder for him now.

NewChief 02-28-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

The guy wasn't the same after the concussion. Period. He lost his confidence in the pocket. He couldn't throw with authority. And he simply looked lost out there- with absolutely no determination, and a fear of throwing downfield.

Had it not been for that concussion, and his play after coming back from the injury- he'd certainly demand high trade value, even if he's only capable of playing a couple of more years.

But, I'd be surprised to see any team willing to give up anything more than a 5th rounder for him now.

I think that coaches in the NFL are smart enough to know there were factors contributing to Trent's performance issues beyond the concussion. We'll see, though.

FringeNC 02-28-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

It's hard to complete passes against San Diego and Baltimore on third and long. Other NFL coaches who might be interested in Green know that.