ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Best QB ever? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=159046)

Fish 03-01-2007 11:34 PM

Roger Staubach.... childhood hero...

Halfcan 03-02-2007 12:13 AM

This was already settled.

Brett Favre- has a ring, 3 MVP's and will have every record by the time he is done. Not to mention the Iron man streak.

End of story.

Marino
Montana
Baugh
Unitas

Florida_Bronco 03-02-2007 01:41 AM

I'm biased, but IMO the clear choice is Elway. He carried some very poor Broncos teams on his back over the years. 2nd choice would be Marino.

Montana was good, but was surrounded by some of the best players in the game at the time (thanks to no salary cap) and never had to carry a team on his back.

beer bacon 03-02-2007 01:47 AM

Definitely Jay Cutler. He has a laser, rocket arm, and he always looks stoned.

007 03-02-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beer bacon
Definitely Jay Cutler. He has a laser, rocket arm, and he always looks stoned.

Laser rocket arm? You must have him confused with Mangina.

Valiant 03-02-2007 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan
This was already settled.

Brett Favre- has a ring, 3 MVP's and will have every record by the time he is done. Not to mention the Iron man streak.

End of story.

Marino
Montana
Baugh
Unitas

Sorry but I think that will all go to Manning.. Who should hold every record by the time he retires...

Sorry guys.. But I believe Peyton will be the GQBoaT when he retires...

Peyton has the ring and 2 mvp's, plus the Superbowl MVP even though I thought there were others way more deserving of that game...

acesn8s 03-02-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Laser rocket arm? You must have him confused with Mangina.

I thought Manning was 6 foot 6, laser rocket arm....
Damn I need to pay attenion to those ads better.:banghead:

BTW no love for Dawson?

I kinda like Farve or horseface

kcxiv 03-02-2007 03:49 AM

if it was one game, i would want Elway. **** the rest. Elway in his prime was money. He could throw, he could scramble. He could run. He had it all. He was complete. Montana was a great quarterback, but he also had complete teams. Elway didnt have complete teams til he was already in his mid-late 30's. Early in his career he literally carried the Broncos on his back.

1 game give me Elway.

Smed1065 03-02-2007 04:02 AM

Many factors figure in to this question.

Tribal Warfare 03-02-2007 05:24 AM

1)Joe Montana- greatest field general of all-time

2)Elway- The most athletic QB among the greats

3)Marino- Best pure passer of all-time

Halfcan 03-02-2007 07:17 AM

To say Elgay is more athletic than Favre was/ is crazy. Its not like GreenBays Offense has been loaded all these years.

Steve Young ran circles around Elgay. Peeton and his 2 yard shovel pass better than Favre?? That is laughable-look at all the weapons he has, plus the NFL won't let anyone touch him-its a freakin joke the way his line gets away with murder. Pampered Peeton is not even on my list-he is the product of a system.

pikesome 03-02-2007 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
Montana. The rest of them can eat a dick. :harumph:

I'm not sure my answer could be phrased any better than this.

MOhillbilly 03-02-2007 07:59 AM

P.Manning
Montana
Elway
Moon

chagrin 03-02-2007 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida_Bronco
I'm biased, but IMO the clear choice is Elway. He carried some very poor Broncos teams on his back over the years. 2nd choice would be Marino.

Montana was good, but was surrounded by some of the best players in the game at the time (thanks to no salary cap) and never had to carry a team on his back.

WHAT?

You are saying that Joe Montana never had to carry his team? You're nuts dude. Remember the Super Bowl against Cincy, the second one? Wow, you've got to put your bias aside - Yes Elway is one of the best ever, but not THE best ever. When people say Joe Montana had the best team because of the salary cap thing is totally bogus, the only Ring they ever paid for was the one Steve Young won against San Diego. Jerry Rice aside, who else on that team was the best at their position during his career by the way? What, Roger Craig? Please dude, you've got to come stronger than that.

chagrin 03-02-2007 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
if it was one game, i would want Elway. **** the rest. Elway in his prime was money. He could throw, he could scramble. He could run. He had it all. He was complete. Montana was a great quarterback, but he also had complete teams.

Again, biased bullshit