ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   5th round: who to take (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=162208)

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

Marcus Thomas is still on the board

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
Where are you getting these scouting reports from?

sports illustrated via google

OnTheWarpath15 04-29-2007 10:10 AM

I hope Davis Irons drops, but I'm not expecting him to.

Doug Free would be a fine pick as well, not sure if he'll be there either.

For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

Coach 04-29-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
sports illustrated via google

Cool. You're doing a excellent job.

Rep.

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare
Marcus Thomas is still on the board

POSITIVES: Explosive interior lineman who is a force when focused on his game. Plays with good pad level, quickly gets off the snap and is fluid changing direction. Effectively uses his hands to protect himself or get off blocks and makes plays laterally.

NEGATIVES: Gets lazy and takes plays off. Does not give consistent effort trying to shed blocks. Has been in a lot of trouble the past eight months.

ANALYSIS: Possessing first-round physical skills, Thomas offers starting potential at the next level if he makes football a top priority and stays clean off the field.

PROJECTION: Late Fourth Round

Skip Towne 04-29-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChiefs
Medlock sounds EXACTLY like Tynes.

Tynes is left footed?

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58

For the 100th time this morning: Not having a 4th sucks. Bennett better be the nuts this year.....

amen brother

Mecca 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

royr17 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I also like CB Kenny Scott

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:14 AM

I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
I doubt the Chiefs are going to take 3 DT's in 1 draft.

BPA

the Talking Can 04-29-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royr17
I also like CB Kenny Scott

POSITIVES: Tall cornerback with solid playing speed. Diagnoses the action, displays a sense of timing and knows where he is on the field in relation to opponents. Quickly gets his head back around to locate the ball in the air, and shows a burst of speed to the play.

NEGATIVES: Prefers to side-shuffle down the field. ites on the play-action pass. Average skills transitioning to run with opponents, as well as getting in position to make a play on the ball.

ANALYSIS: A feisty cornerback, Scott projects as a dime back who can play over the slot receiver.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Skini 04-29-2007 10:18 AM

I liked these options...some may fall into the 6th round...excuse me if for some reason they have jumped to the 4th because I just got to the TV...i'll just list the positives on these guys.

Cory Anderson, Fullback, Tennessee

Basically is just al ead blacker that has the ability to catch a few passes. Has decent speed for his size, 6'2, 250.

Brandon Frye, Tackle, Virginia Tech

Reall tough, will play hurt. Really athletic for tackle. Has good feet. Good pass blocker. Could really develop.

Sam Olajubutu, Outside Linebacker, Arkansas

He was Arkansas defensive leader. Voted best playmaker is the SEC. Very instinctive, and is good at blowing up run plays. He is very aggressive. At 5'9, it is said that if he was 6'2, he'd be a first rounder. Sounds like he has good potential, especially on special teams.

Reggie Lewis, Cornerback, Florida

Has good speed. Ex reciever with good hands. Good developmental player. 4 int's, 6 batted passes last season.

Micjones 04-29-2007 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
I like the sound of Irons and Bennett

That or Irons and Free.

Hopefully they both slide that far.

Tribal Warfare 04-29-2007 10:20 AM

Marcus Thomas is off the board now, going to Denver