ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Gonzo's comment on Bowe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=164359)

htismaqe 06-11-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
My thinking is that, out of the slot, Bowe can take on LB's and safeties playing up in support of the running game plus he and TG can work the middle for both the short and intermediate, short drop pass from a panic stricken young quarterback.

Brodie Croyle doesn't get panic stricken. :D

unlurking 06-11-2007 01:39 PM

Everyone here is saying we don't use the slot receiver, while it is true we didn't, I think we will see a much different offense this year than we are used to. I'm betting we'll see a lot more play-action this year as well, which we did not use much.

Buehler445 06-11-2007 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
I think that is a lot of wishful thinking. I think Webb has got a shot to contribute, but not as a full time starter on the outside.

I told you I was reaching. :) I just really don't want Parker on the outside.

Iowanian 06-11-2007 01:40 PM

Bowe SHOULD take some of the pressure off of Gonzalez and open up some lanes for him. He doesn't have to put up Chad Johnson numbers to do that either.

Parker should probably become the slot this year.

Adept Havelock 06-11-2007 01:44 PM

Hmmm....I do hope Tony G is right.

Coogs 06-11-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX
I'm speculating that, perhaps, he meant on the offensive side of the ball

Nope!

Kylo Ren 06-11-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
..........Running Hall's routes for right now........

Hall's routes? Hall was the 3rd for 4th WR. Shouldn't he be running Parker's routes? He should be a starter, not a 3rd or 4th option, right? I had high hopes for Parker. But, I don't want him to be any higher than the 4th or 5th WR option. I wouldn't mind if they traded or cut him.

Iowanian 06-11-2007 01:46 PM

I think its more telling which routes he's running at the end of August-early September than early June.

TRR 06-11-2007 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdeg
I know what you're saying and you have a point, but Bowe did run a 4.40...

Bowe does have good speed. I agree with you. But he isn't a track guy like Samie Parker. A 4.4 is almost the norm nowdays for a WR in the NFL.

The Franchise 06-11-2007 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
I told you I was reaching. :) I just really don't want Parker on the Chiefs.

FYP

bdeg 06-11-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Bowe does have good speed. I agree with you. But he isn't a track guy like Samie Parker. A 4.4 is almost the norm nowdays for a WR in the NFL.

I would say mid 4.4's I'd agree, but he ran a flat 4.40 which is pretty impressive.

FAX 06-11-2007 01:56 PM

Quick question for the well informed. Aren't we seeing a trend in the NFL toward playing TEs out of the slot position more frequently?

Or, have I finally slipped out of neuron gear entirely?

FAX

Buehler445 06-11-2007 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23
FYP

Please excuse my n00bness. What does FYP mean?

go bo 06-11-2007 02:08 PM

then bowe must be at least "normal...

and if he can run over would be tacklers in the open field like larry does, he will make all the skill positions better...

but i still say herm drafted this guy because he is another offensive lineman (with good speed) to block for larry...

and he can catch the ball and run with it too (which is just gravy for herm)...

i'm so high (not that kind of high) on bowe that i am seriously thinking of changing my user name to go bowe...

i'm probably gonna wait and see how he does in tc and preseason games, but i'm pretty sure he will be starting somewhere in our new, crappy offensive scheme...

go bo 06-11-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445
Please excuse my n00bness. What does FYP mean?

fixed your post...

used when editing a quote to make it funnier, or for other nefarious reasons...