ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WHITLOCK - IT’S TIME TO LOSE FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176315)

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins
Laurinitis and Ellis have 0 chance of being gone in the first three picks. None.

The top three is going to be a combination of Dorsey, McFadden, and Long.

No, but they could be the next 2 very easily.

If we're picking 6th.......

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
I'd be shocked if he were there, anyway.

There are very few positions they could draft with that pick that would piss me off. Too many holes on this team.

He'll be there.......he probably isn't a top 10 pick......Laurinitis only projected high because some people think the Pats need a LB. Honestly no other team would take him that high.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
No, but they could be the next 2 very easily.

If we're picking 6th.......

They they better take Sedrick Ellis...

Coach 12-09-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
He'll be there.......he probably isn't a top 10 pick......Laurinitis only projected high because some people think the Pats need a LB. Honestly no other team would take him that high.

I also can see the Pats picking McFadden.

RedThat 12-09-2007 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
Trading down is looking more and more like the best option for the Chiefs.

If they trade down to like 8th, and they have the opportunity to draft DT Glenn Dorsey, I say they should go for it...Because it's not like the Chiefs can't use a DT anyways? That, and the fact they trade down they also get extra picks?

yeah I could agree with you there GOATSE, that looks like a very good option.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Trading down is looking more and more like the best option for the Chiefs.

For more picks......you know if you have 13 picks you can't sign all of them, the rookie pool the NFL gives is only so big.

Coach 12-09-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBull
If they trade down to like 8th, and they have the opportunity to draft DT Glenn Dorsey, I say they should go for it...Because it's not like the Chiefs can't use a DT anyways? That, and the fact they down, they also get extra picks?

Dorsey is gonna be gone. I would bet Miami will pick him on the first pick.

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:32 PM

Quote:

If they trade down to like 8th, and they have the opportunity to draft DT Glenn Dorsey, I say they should go for it...Because it's not like the Chiefs can't use a DT anyways? That, and the fact they trade down they also get extra picks?

If they traded down with Dorsey on the board they should be bitch slapped, any team coming up would likely be coming up FOR him.

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

We'll agree to disagree on this one.

And no that I think about it, rooting for Atlanta to win may not be as smart as I thought.

Let them pick ahead of us, and make the Brian Brohm mistake.

Hammock Parties 12-09-2007 11:33 PM

Quote:

For more picks......you know if you have 13 picks you can't sign all of them, the rookie pool the NFL gives is only so big.

If we could parlay that 4th pick into a late first rounder and a good lineman, I think that'd be a great idea.

RedThat 12-09-2007 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach
Dorsey is gonna be gone. I would bet Miami will pick him on the first pick.

Really? you think he could go that high? I would think Miami would use their #1 pick on either like a QB, or OT? It just makes more sense for them. Those two positions are the main building blocks to building a team.

Coach 12-09-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Really? you think he could go that high? I would think Miami would use their #1 pick on either like a QB, or OT? It just makes more sense for them. Those two positions are the main building blocks to building a team.

Yeah, but their defense isn't any good either as well. Plus, I think Dorsey is probably the best player of all right now.

FAX 12-09-2007 11:35 PM

There are so many needs, it's BAA all the way, in my view. I'd think long and hard about drafting another QB, though. Depends on who's still on the board.

The other factor is who we might be able to find in FA or via trade. There are going to be a lot of roster moves this summer. At least, there should be.

FAX

Mecca 12-09-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

If we could parlay that 4th pick into a late first rounder and a good lineman, I think that'd be a great idea.

How you gettin a 2nd first? No team has 2 first rounders this year....

OnTheWarpath15 12-09-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

If they traded down with Dorsey on the board they should be bitch slapped, any team coming up would likely be coming up FOR him.

No kidding.

Unless he blows out both knees, or goes on a kill-crazy rampage before now and April, he'll be the #1 pick.

Then again, after the cluster**** of a draft Cam Cameron pulled on his fans last year, anything is possible.