ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   JoPo: MAJOR changes coming for the Chiefs this offseason? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176708)

Zouk 12-16-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE
I can tell you with 100 percent certainty that Jimmy Raye's name has not come up in discussions of who will be the new OC.

Drop some names please.

Simplex3 12-16-2007 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Well this gives us some hope, that they might be ready to junk the whole roster and start again. Maybe Carl will realize finally his mistakes now that the curtain has been pulled back this year.

Obviously, he's gotten a lot more time than he's deserved, but he brought a team back from the depths once, maybe now if he's convinced that we're in that same spot again we can do it.

Brought them back to do what? Have a great regular season record while fans watched other teams go to and win Super Bowls?

Wooo hoooo!!!! Sign me up for another two decades!

Phobia 12-16-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:

Worst thing JoPo has written in some time.

But still 20x better than anything in your rag and 100x better than anything I've written.

Simplex3 12-16-2007 09:04 AM

It strikes me that all of the people who are badmouthing this article are giant Herm apologists. :hmmm:

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zouk
Drop some names please.

Dick Curl will be one of the leading canidates....

Zouk 12-16-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
It strikes me that all of the people who are badmouthing this article are giant Herm apologists. :hmmm:

There's no reason why this is so. The article's point reiterates one JoPo made last week - the problems are caused by the personnel errors of the Vermeil/Stiles/Carl regime. Herm deserves to stay and blow it up. Carl should look in the mirror and go. It's hard to see how anyone could read it as meaning anything other than that.

Eleazar 12-16-2007 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
Brought them back to do what? Have a great regular season record while fans watched other teams go to and win Super Bowls?

Wooo hoooo!!!! Sign me up for another two decades!

Yeah, I know. I was mostly just hoping he could evolve.

Reerun_KC 12-16-2007 09:10 AM

Quote:

There's no reason why this is so. The article's point reiterates one JoPo made last week - the problems are caused by the personnel errors of the Vermeil/Stiles/Carl regime. Herm deserves to stay and blow it up. Carl should look in the mirror and go. It's hard to see how anyone could read it as meaning anything other than that.

When Herm is gone, either next year or two years from now, I am going to spend all my time bashing his regime, while i give the new coach a free pass for years...

This way, I can be like you!

Zouk 12-16-2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC
When Herm is gone, either next year or two years from now, I am going to spend all my time bashing his regime, while i give the new coach a free pass for years...

This way, I can be like you!

Okay, that's fine. But I still did accurately summarize JoPo's piece.

ILChief 12-16-2007 09:16 AM

Quote:

I think Herm will put it completely in the hands of his new offensive coordinator.

It's gonna be Mike Shula. I know it. I'm not saying that's good or bad, I just think he's gonna be the guy. Coached with Herm at Tampa, Croyle's college coach. Makes too much sense.

Simplex3 12-16-2007 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise
Yeah, I know. I was mostly just hoping he could evolve.

Evolution takes tens of thousands of years.

Even though I know it's only been 20 years it feels like it's just around the corner, though.

FringeNC 12-16-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Zouk, is Herm Edwards responsible for the state of the New York Jets? If so, why should we have any confidence that Herm has a clue about building a roster?

Easy 6 12-16-2007 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJohnny
Jo Po is the most engaging writer on the Chiefs beat. Fantastic read by a talented and refreshing voice in the metro area.

I agree 100%.

Its a major relief to know that a complete team overhaul is in the works...Clark Hunt may love Carl & appreciate his loyalty, but you can bet that he's been read the riot act...irate fans, empty seats & lost revenue can test even the tightest business relationship.

Simplex3 12-16-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC
Zouk, is Herm Edwards responsible for the state of the New York Jets? If so, why should we have any confidence that Herm has a clue about building a roster?

This is what I don't get. There are only two logical positions to take:

1. The current head coach is responsible, in which case Herm needs to go.

2. The former head coach is responsible, in which case we need to look at where Herm came from and then he needs to go.

Either one ends with Herm needing to go.

milkman 12-16-2007 09:30 AM

Quote:

Worst thing JoPo has written in some time.

Those who can, do.

Those who can't, critisize.