ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFLTA: Chiefs State of the Franchise (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181318)

orange 03-08-2008 06:15 PM

In 2005 - behind Willie Roaf - he carried the team. In 2006 he lost about 1 yd/carry off his average and wasn't close to the same back.

And of course, in 2007 without Green and Shields and Richardson, his production went into the dumper.

beach tribe 03-08-2008 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 4621977)
In 2005 - behind Willie Roaf - he carried the team. In 2006 he lost about 1 yd/carry off his average and wasn't close to the same back.

He was the same back. It was NOT the same line.

OnTheWarpath15 03-08-2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 4621977)

And of course, in 2007 without Green and Shields and Richardson, his production went into the dumper.

Sure, he lost a yard per carry on his average.

But to say that 400+ carries and almost 1800 yards, with DAMON HUARD as the starting QB isn't "carrying the team" is asinine.

orange 03-08-2008 06:22 PM

Agreed. He's devastating once he hits a hole - but you have to give him a hole, he can't create one like either Barry Sanders (butterfly) or Jim Brown (bee).

That was Faulk's whole point.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a completely unrelated note, if ChiefsPlanet is going to keep logging me off, I'm going to have to get an easier password to type. Can anyone tell me how to prevent that (the logging off)?

milkman 03-08-2008 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 4621719)
P.S. For those of you who don't know, John Tait and Larry Johnson were both Chiefs in 2003.

As I understand it, Faulk said something to the effect that LJ misses Tait.

LJ had about 20 carries in their only season as teammates, so Faulk's point is clearly mis-informed.

Deberg_1990 03-08-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 4621488)
Or Croyle busts, then Ryan busts, and we get squat out of the highest pick we've had in 20 yrs.

Well, thats the chance you take. To be great, you have to take chances.

Boom or Bust.

orange 03-08-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 4622006)
As I understand it, Faulk said something to the effect that LJ misses Tait.

LJ had about 20 carries in their only season as teammates, so Faulk's point is clearly mis-informed.

Faulk mentioned Tait as one of about a half-dozen stars gone from the Chiefs offense since LJ came to explain the crash of the Chiefs offense.

Concentrate on a half-second mention of Tait and ignore the rest.

Then here, we have a so-called Chiefs fan, claiming Tait was "long gone" by the time LJ came, and Faulk's research really doesn't look so bad after all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMax (Post 4621049)
Heh the moron even mentioned Tait who was long gone before LJ came aboard..

milkman 03-08-2008 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orange (Post 4622023)
Faulk mentioned Tait as one of about a half-dozen stars gone from the Chiefs offense since LJ came to explain the crash of the Chiefs offense.

Concentrate on a half-second mention of Tait and ignore the rest.

Then here, we have a so-called Chiefs fan, claiming Tait was "long gone" by the time LJ came, and Faulk's research really doesn't look so bad after all.

I didn't watch it.

Just going by what I read.

But if he used the words "He misses John Tait", regardless of how little time he spent on Tait, that is mis-informed.

if he only mentions Tait without referencing LJ then my point is moot.