ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   How did you meet your wife/girlfriend? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182249)

BigMeatballDave 03-29-2008 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 4656371)
They're twins, one attached to my right wrist, and one to my left. I feel like I've known them my whole life.

LMAO Funny, thats how I met mine...

seclark 03-29-2008 08:46 PM

1978...she was a starter on the girls high schoot basketball team. me, a simple musician(sp? wgaf!), granted free admission to the games, in return playing the "charge!" piece on my trusty trumpet.

i gazed at her as she set a pick, then fell in love when she fouled out at 28seconds into the 3rd quarter. i knew we were destined for eternal love.

so after the game, i put the move on her best friend. worked like a charm. married 27 years. 3kids that actually are not f@cked up. 3grandkids w/one more due in june.

she's a lucky gal.
sec

DaFace 03-29-2008 08:46 PM

College.

BigOlChiefsfan 03-29-2008 08:47 PM

At work. I got 'the thunderbolt' just like Michael Corleone. Powerful mojo. Started breaking all my own rules (never sleep with anyone crazier than you) next thing you know...

We made all the hotspots, my money flowed like wine
Then that low-down southern whiskey began to fog my mind
And I dont remember church bells, or the money I put down
On the white picket fence and boardwalk
Of the house at the edge of town
But boys I do remember the strain of her refrain
And the nights we spent together
And the way she called my name
If you'll be my Dixie chicken I will be your Tenessee lamb
And we can walk together down in Dixieland
Down in Dixieland,
Been many years since she ran away
I guess that guitar player sure could play
She always liked to sing along
She was always handy with a song
But then one night at the lobby of the Commodore Hotel
I chanced to meet a bartender who said he knew her well
And as he handed me a drink he began to hum a song
And all the boys there, at the bar, began to sing along
If youll be my Dixie chicken I'll be your Tenessee lamb
And we can walk together down in Dixieland
Down in Dixieland, Down in Dixieland

Iowanian 03-29-2008 09:43 PM

brideowanian was my sister's roomate at college. She came home with her for a weekend while my at-the-time was being a real biatch.

A few months later, she came back for new years eve....and I got tingly, and not in the normal place.

Coincidently....my dad met my mom, because she was his sister(my aunt)'s roomate at the same college.

Mr. Arrowhead 03-29-2008 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4656475)
Does she still "work" there?

yup it pays the bills

Buehler445 03-29-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 4656527)
College.

Yep. Buehler too.

Deberg_1990 03-29-2008 10:38 PM

A closet at some random party.

BigVE 03-29-2008 10:41 PM

My wife was best friends with a female friend of mine. Went to visit the friend and made a NEW friend. Been friends ever since. Married 17 years now.

TinyEvel 03-29-2008 10:54 PM

1993 we were both students in an advertising portfolio workshop.

It's a miracle we lasted because it's competitive and we were both starting our careers at the same time.

cdcox 03-30-2008 12:32 AM

This place in Columbia, MO:

Quote:

I owned the Road Apple. I started it with a partner in 1978 and closed in 1985. Ed Tibbs owned the building. Ed was in his 70's when we started doing business together and he use to tell stories of his running crap games. He was a wise investor and probably no black man at that time owned as much property as he did in Columbia. He told me that he paid Ike and Tina Turner and their 8 piece band $125.00 a night. After the Paradise Club it became The Lighthouse. When we found the building it was not being used. We leased the building and bought all the old long tables from a closing Shakies Pizza. Once the Frats and Dorms realized they could charge a cover the building was always booked on the weekends. I had a great private office out there and had way to much fun. A good friend Walter Anderson aka The Sugarman use to throw Return to Paradise Parties. The buiding is down the road from Patricia's up on a hill on the left. It is now a church. By the way, The Ranch House was were McDonalds is on Clark Lane. I worked there in college. It was started by a little cigar smoking Greek guy named George Patrakus. At the time it was the only building out there. All of a sudden I am feeling old.
http://board.columbiatribune.com/ind...89&#entry51589

Basically an concrete block building with short pile carpet that stuck to your feet due to all the beer that was spilled on it. I think all the tables were picnic style. As mentioned above, frats and dorms rented it out, bought a bunch of kegs, hired a DJ, then charged $2 or $3 a head to underage HS and college kids. In '79 it was mostly college kids and by'81 is was mostly HS.

The DJ played "Riding the Storm Out". I wanted to dance to it, so I asked this girl who I knew would say yes, since she'd given me the eye every time I'd walked by her. Life is really weird.

ClevelandBronco 03-30-2008 12:48 AM

Our marriage was arranged upon my eighth birthday by my paternal grandfather, the Archduke of Ljubljana, and her second cousin, once removed, Juan Carlos III, the exiled second vice mayor of Chihuahua.

We met shortly after the birth of our second child.

CrazyPhuD 03-30-2008 02:11 AM

Ever heard of a Glory Hole?

kstater 03-30-2008 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 4656879)
Ever heard of a Glory Hole?

Yeah, I met your wife at one.

Fire Me Boy! 03-30-2008 05:52 AM

Church. I was the choir director, she was in the choir. :D