ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   THE FACTS about Kansas Jayhawks and Their Road to the Championship (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=182751)

Dartgod 04-10-2008 07:49 AM

Yeahhhh!!! Another KU thread!

ArrowheadHawk 04-10-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 4676934)

You know you like it.

Reerun_KC 04-10-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

What you want Chiefs threads?

Its the same year in and year out, we are striving for mediocrity /Carl

At least now we have some postseason success we can celebrate...

Lzen 04-10-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

You missed the forum title?

:D

Skip Towne 04-10-2008 08:09 AM

Quote:

Some day Nebraska will do something we can talk about.

Dartgod 04-10-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 4676954)
Some day Nebraska will do something we can talk about.

As long as they don't go as long as KU did between championships.

007 04-10-2008 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4676772)
Your basketball team rocks. They won fair and square. You can't hide in a tournament. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

They didn't take a weekend off while their betters were playing an extra game, then get a bowl game they never earned and didn't deserve handed to them on a silver platter.

You'd think even Kansans could tell the difference.

But maybe not.

The sooner they put football into a tournament the better. I am sick of the BCS.

xbarretx 04-10-2008 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 4676760)
I'm convinced. The Hawks impressed me but they're very fortunate hyphenated guy choked his free-throws away. That dude is gonna be haunted the rest of his life. No disrespect - the Hawks took advantage of the opportunities but there was a lot of luck involved - as there generally is with any championship.

Congrats again, Hawk fans.

QFT, but go :KU: regardless.

Lzen 04-10-2008 09:01 AM

I found a great post from another bb.

Quote:

Another interesting factoid that I noticed was that of the 5 players selected as 1st team All Americans KU played against 4 of them in Beasely, Curry, Hansbrough, and Chris Douglas-Roberts. They only missed out on UCLA's Kevin Love, who didn't make it to the Championship. I beleive that KU is the only school in the country to play against at least 4 of them.

StcChief 04-10-2008 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4677031)
The sooner they put football into a tournament the better. I am sick of the BCS.

I'm sick of college sports athletes
a) Not graduating - wasting the scholorship.

b) Degrees taylored for their lack of quality HS degree (because they just played sports)

c) acting like gangsta' later in life being paid too much and not know how to act in society.

xbarretx 04-10-2008 09:06 AM

guys who cares who :KU: had to play. i dont. they won... and im not really a :KU: fan (i mostly just dont care for NCAA but im not anti :KU: either) but what i find odd/funny is all the KU fans are feeling the need to justify the championship. whY? in the words of the Beatles... "let it be" enjoy the :toast:s to :KU: victory and lets see what happens next year.

seriosuly though, why worry about the need to justify it?

p.s. good post regardless Chiefsfanatic :thumb:

DaKCMan AP 04-10-2008 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4677031)

:deevee:

teedubya 04-10-2008 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 4676915)
Same here. I am will take another BCS win from football this year and be just as thrilled...

Crap I will take a Cotton bowl win from KU this year in football and another FF in basketball.

Which with the departures coming from KU to the NBA, It will be awful hard for KU to get back to the FF... UNLESS, Chalmers and Aurthur come back.

Dude, I don't need shit from my teams for 5-10 years to still be happy. But, around year 7 I will probably get a bit antsy.

Ill take it as it comes now... in fact, I hate Carl Peterson a little bit less now.

HemiEd 04-10-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 4676772)
Your basketball team rocks. They won fair and square. You can't hide in a tournament. Anyone who says otherwise is a fool.

They didn't take a weekend off while their betters were playing an extra game, then get a bowl game they never earned and didn't deserve handed to them on a silver platter.

You'd think even Kansans could tell the difference.

But maybe not.

I missed it, where was Mizzou seeded? :D

Lzen 04-10-2008 09:29 AM

I am trying to find a pic of Chalmers last shot in regulation that shows where his feet were when he jumped. There is some idiot on another bb that thinks his foot was on the line. I have searched and searched everywhere that I can think and can't find a pic. Anyone else have a pic of that shot?