ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs take Matt Ryan, what happens to all our QBs? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=183301)

Hammock Parties 04-21-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp (Post 4698362)
You hope a guy like Chris Williams is there at No. 17 and then you bring Ryan along slowly, playing him some, possibly starting him in the last few games.

Enter 2009/10 with Ryan as the starter.

I think trading Allen for a shot at a franchise QB and LT would be worth it. If it pans out, those two players would have a greater impact than a Pro Bowl DE.

eazyb81 04-21-2008 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4698372)
I think trading Allen for a shot at a franchise QB and LT would be worth it. If it pans out, those two players would have a greater impact than a Pro Bowl DE.

I agree, but if that's their plan then it will suck if Atlanta takes Ryan and Williams is off the board at 17.

Coogs 04-21-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 4698374)
I agree, but if that's their plan then it will suck if Atlanta takes Ryan and Williams is off the board at 17.

Pick Ryan at 5. Trade up with the Bills and get the best LT prospect. They will all be gone by 14 the way it sounds.

Valiant 04-21-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 4698279)
Believe it or not, I would keep and start Huard. If we have a very young O-line, which it appears we will, having an experienced QB to call out where the blitzes are comming from may help that line gel faster. Let Ryan be the backup so he gets more snaps in practice. Let Croyle and Thigpen battle it out for the #3 spot, and possibly keep them both.

Then around game 11, I would start Ryan. Then after the season... bye-bye Huard.

God, strike this man dead with a lighting bolt please..

King_Chief_Fan 04-21-2008 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 4698264)
What do you think happens next season? Herm does the usual "open competition" for the starting job? Will Brodie still (at least temporarily) win the starting job? Does Huard get sent to the glue factory? Does Huard start the season as we wait for Ryan to get acquainted with the team and the NFL? Do Brodie, Ryan, and Huard get their legs broken and Tyler Thigpen steps in during the preason and lights things up?

Huard gets cut. How embarassing would it be for ol Herm to watch Damon bury Brodie again and then his new toy MattROFL

beavis 04-21-2008 03:01 PM

Really not worried about it. I think there's zero chance we draft Ryan, no matter what the circumstance.

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:04 PM

If Ryan does fall to 5 and they don't take him it would be stupid of extreme proportions because think of what 4 guys go in front to cause that to happen...

Hammock Parties 04-21-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698449)
If Ryan does fall to 5 and they don't take him it would be stupid of extreme proportions because think of what 4 guys go in front to cause that to happen...

Is there a reason some other team can't do something dumb?

Deberg_1990 04-21-2008 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4698452)

There is no way the Jets pass on Ryan if the Chiefs do. Id bet money on it.

OnTheWarpath15 04-21-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698449)

Which 4 guys?

Long, Long, Dorsey, McFadden?

That leaves Gholston, Ellis and Ryan.

How you pass on Ellis or Gholston for a guy that grades out as Matt Hasselbeck at best is baffling.

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOATSE (Post 4698452)

What level of dumb are we talking?

For some reason it appears everyone feels the Chiefs will be the dumb team in the top 5 with those constant OT reach mocks from everyone. I hope that doesn't happen, now I think the Raiders could do something stupid....

Mecca 04-21-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4698456)
Which 4 guys?

Long, Long, Dorsey, McFadden?

That leaves Gholston, Ellis and Ryan.

How you pass on Ellis or Gholston for a guy that grades out as Matt Hasselbeck at best is baffling.

Want me to be honest, you don't see it talked about much but I believe there is a legit chance of the first 4 picks being..

Long
Long
Dorsey
Ellis, the Raiders organization has major ties to SC

Then where do you go you have Ryan and Gholston which to many become a serious toss up.

Sully 04-21-2008 03:16 PM

This is a tough question, but I'd dump Huard as a knee jerk reaction.

But I'd give thought to dumping Croyle. You wouldn't take that much of a cap hit. If you drafted Ryan, you obviously don't think Croyle is the answer, and you have a vet as starter/backup for one more season to take an ass beating, while Ryan learns. Anything you get from Thigpen is gravy after that.

Direckshun 04-21-2008 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4698462)
Want me to be honest, you don't see it talked about much but I believe there is a legit chance of the first 4 picks being..

Long
Long
Dorsey
Ellis, the Raiders organization has major ties to SC

Then where do you go you have Ryan and Gholston which to many become a serious toss up.

Weren't you the "you'll never see two DTs go in the top four" guy?

stlchiefs 04-21-2008 03:25 PM

What happens to James Killian?