ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Owners Unanimously Vote to Opt Out of CBA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184943)

Skip Towne 05-20-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4760119)
Well, this will be one less fan thats for sure. No way i am watching that shit.

And it IS shit. At least it was last time.

dirk digler 05-20-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 4759508)
Yay! :rolleyes: Let's kill the greatest sport in the world!

I was being sarcastic Brock. My bad though I forgot the smilie.

They do need to fix the rookie salary cap and make things more equitable between the larger and smaller teams.

FAX 05-20-2008 03:38 PM

If they're going to re-negotiate, I'd sure like to see them increase the pool for retired player medical assistance. That situation has bothered me ever since I read that article about Otis Taylor.

I don't know why an ex-faider is in charge of the union anyhow. He's probably robbing them blind.

FAX

B_Ambuehl 05-20-2008 04:10 PM

He is. He makes like 8 million per year. The issue about all the retired players being broke and not having any benefits is mostly media hype though. If you really take a look at it they aren't nearly as bad off as you hear.

blueballs 05-20-2008 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4760095)
Because the Owners not paying their big name players wont make them lose money in the end. Making a few million profit is better then 0 profit at all or losing money. Owners just will not lock them out for to long. No one is going to go see arena league players play in a 80,000 seat stadium. Not going to happen. No way in hell i pay for Sunday ticket to watch scrubs play.

Anyways, adding a 17 game sounds cool. I wouldnt mind an extra game.

13-3 will be forever dead
rejoice Chief fans
rejoice

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:19 PM

If you guys don't think there is a have and have not structure under the cap without how it's going now you are mistaken, a team like the Bills will not be able to compete with the Pats or Cowboys because they don't turn nearly the same cash..

Brock 05-20-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4760640)
If you guys don't think there is a have and have not structure under the cap without how it's going now you are mistaken, a team like the Bills will not be able to compete with the Pats or Cowboys because they don't turn nearly the same cash..

The Green Bay Packers compete with those teams. The Bills could too.

Mecca 05-20-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 4760679)
The Green Bay Packers compete with those teams. The Bills could too.

That's a much different market than Buffalo is....Green Bay is marketed to a pretty large region where the Bills have a little corner of New York with a decreasing population. They are playing a game in Toronto to increase their revenue.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:43 PM

The whole upstate New York region is economically devastated. The relocation of business overseas has created a lot of problems, including high unemployment. The Bills are in a precarious situation.

Brock 05-20-2008 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760690)
The whole upstate New York region is economically devastated. The relocation of business overseas has created a lot of problems, including high unemployment. The Bills are in a precarious situation.

Perhaps it's time to move on.

Basileus777 05-20-2008 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 4760691)
Perhaps it's time to move on.

Thats easy to say until its your team moving away. Would you feel the same way if they were threatening to move the Chiefs to LA?

el borracho 05-20-2008 10:11 PM

Jeez, why does Buffalo, NY still exist? That bankrupt dump of a city should have been placed on hospice a long time ago and allowed to die mercifully.

Brock 05-21-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 4760693)
Thats easy to say until its your team moving away. Would you feel the same way if they were threatening to move the Chiefs to LA?

If this area is as economically depressed as you say, I would have moved a long time ago. Why would I expect anyone else to stay?

jidar 05-21-2008 11:13 AM

The cap needs to be low enough that all teams can meet it and still make a reasonable profit without taking large risks individually, which is how the league has been ran since salary caps came into play and it was near perfect system causing great growth in the sport. The problem is the salary cap has increased astronomically over the past 10 years, and it's gotten to the point that small market teams (including the Chiefs) are consistently playing under the cap which is a good indicator that it's too high and so isn't serving it's purpose of leveling the playing field.
Combine that fact with the economy the way it is and I think it's easy to see that it probably needs to come back down. A really great way to do that would be to work on rookie contracts.