ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Science is so racist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=187110)

bishop_74 07-11-2008 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4840918)
Not saying we don't have the same opportunities in some departments (schooling) but within the workplace, you're not looking at facts here... You're basically telling me that only 5% (generous number) of minorities are competent enough to lead fortune 500 corps. If that's how you feel then that's your opinion and you're entitled to it.

Having said that, since 95% of our fortune 500 CEO's and top level execs are white, how else would you ensure fair practices that a minority gets an equal chance at a position?

Again... Show me an example where a minority had preferential treatment over someone else while being under qualified for a position.

~No matter how ignorant it is.

College admittance and government jobs are a few examples. It's unfortunate that that students who work VERY hard do not get in to certain schools because the schools need to meet a certain quota of minorities by law. I see it all day long every day. And society can suffer because of it.

This may sound racist, but it is not intended to be.

The people that hold the jobs because of race; not qualifications are by far the WORST at what they do. I am not sure if it is because they know they can get away with it or not. They contribute the least and make the most amount of noise and pull the race card if they don't get their way. I would be embarrassed if I acted like this.

Of course this is my own little small piece of the world I see.

HC_Chief 07-11-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841023)
Wow. What a fucking idiot.

So true it bears repeating.

Adept Havelock 07-11-2008 09:44 AM

Why would Comissioner Price object to comparing the office to a collapsed star, and insist it's actually a Quasar?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841023)

Oh. That would certainly explain it.

Meanwhile, Judge Jones needs to watch an episode or two of Cosmos.

wutamess 07-11-2008 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841011)
Do the other 95% of non-whites desire to be CEOs of Fortune 500 companies?

Don't start your question asking reasoning method with me... If you have an opinion... state it. Otherwise stop asking questions to try to get me to double cross myself.

Having said that... do you think that minorities don't strive to be CEO's or upper level execs of corporations? Think before you ask.

wutamess 07-11-2008 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4840986)
I don't understand this. You have to work twice as hard because minorities are stereotyped?

Yes... if you look at it from a minority's perspective instead of your "I have black friends" perspective you'll see what I'm talking about.

Donger 07-11-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841072)
Don't start your question asking reasoning method with me... If you have an opinion... state it. Otherwise stop asking questions to try to get me to double cross myself.

Having said that... do you think that minorities don't strive to be CEO's or upper level execs of corporations? Think before you ask.

I don't know. I'm not a minority. I would like to think they do, but I don't know.

Hence my question.

Donger 07-11-2008 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841075)
Yes... if you look at it from a minority's perspective instead of your "I have black friends" perspective you'll see what I'm talking about.

I can't. Perhaps you could give some examples of how minorities have to work twice as hard because of stereotypes?

bkkcoh 07-11-2008 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841072)

I would say that only a small percentage of corporate management strive to be CEO. I certainly wouldn't want to be.

The person that would want to be in that position would be driven and probably wouldn't have too many issues getting a position like that somewhere, especially with board of director's wanting it to look good for them to have a CEO of a different gender or ethnicity.

Is it fair to promote someone above their capabilities?

Just because they are x or y?

wutamess 07-11-2008 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841078)
I don't know. I'm not a minority. I would like to think they do, but I don't know.

Hence my question.

Well if you think they'd do... isn't it safe to assume yes?

King_Chief_Fan 07-11-2008 09:58 AM

wow......just wow on this thread

wutamess 07-11-2008 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 4841083)
I can't. Perhaps you could give some examples of how minorities have to work twice as hard because of stereotypes?

Just trust me on that one.

markk 07-11-2008 09:59 AM

i dont happen to work with any minorities. i think the reason for that is they can only hire from the pool of people who apply. it follows that they can only promote managers from amongst the people who work here and they can only make executives from the managers who work here and they can only make CEOs out of the pool of executives they have to work with.

other businesses maybe are not the same. but some are that way. just like some businesses are more likely to be chiefly staffed by men.

Donger 07-11-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841093)
Well if you think they'd do... isn't it safe to assume yes?

Okay, so if they do, what's stopping them? Racism?

wutamess 07-11-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bkkcoh (Post 4841085)
I would say that only a small percentage of corporate management strive to be CEO. I certainly wouldn't want to be.

The person that would want to be in that position would be driven and probably wouldn't have too many issues getting a position like that somewhere, especially with board of director's wanting it to look good for them to have a CEO of a different gender or ethnicity.

Is it fair to promote someone above their capabilities?

Just because they are x or y?

So what makes so many more whites want to be CEO's as opposed to minorities?
That doesn't make sense.

Donger 07-11-2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess (Post 4841097)
Just trust me on that one.

I do trust you, but I think some examples would be beneficial.