ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs LJ Could be a 2000 yd back this year (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=188363)

Hammock Parties 08-03-2008 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 4887617)
I'm happy to hear that, but the "especially in Waters" comment is disturbing. We need the improvement to come just about everywhere else. I'm fine with status quo for Waters. (Although improvement is still welcome.)

Waters wasn't all that great last year, or even good.

There's improvement at center and left tackle (cross fingers). RG and RT are question marks.

If Albert is healthy, I expect us to run left on a lot of teams consistently.

L.A. Chieffan 08-03-2008 01:47 PM

I don't see it, not with Kolby showing what he could do last year and Charles on the squad now. That's 2 very good RBs that'll cut into LJ's carries.

Let's hope for no injuries before we start hoping for crazy stuff.

Mecca 08-03-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 4887385)
why limit his touches this year? to save the guy for next year? i think we all know that's not a good idea, who knows what next year will bring. you have to play to win now as players and coaches. also lj has always gotten better as the game goes on and the carries add up. he's BY FAR a better runner in the 4th qtr than the 1st.

They already essentially ruined his career by giving him an NFL record of carries to sneak into the playoffs...

It's been prove time and time again you do not give someone 400 touches of the ball in a season it will significantly affect them.

Hammock Parties 08-03-2008 03:07 PM

You're wrong, Mecca. LJ looks great right now.

He's going to prove you wrong. DEAD WRONG.

Rausch 08-03-2008 03:12 PM

LJ has the talent to put up 2,000 any year. He's a great HB.

That doesn't make it a good idea or something we should hope for. Getting to that number behind this line would mean an increase in carries and not YPC...

Mecca 08-03-2008 03:12 PM

He looks great in practice against our crappy team....just wait, last year he showed significant decline in every category, my friends who live in other cities would send me emails saying "LJ looks done dude, he runs like he's dead"

Then he got hurt, a typical theme of guys who carried the ball that many times, history says he will now always be an injury prone player that doesn't resemble what he use to be.

Hammock Parties 08-03-2008 03:16 PM

Mecca, he looked great against the Vikings. Explosive. Quick. Powerful.

Keep spinning, Mr. Negative.

Mecca 08-03-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 4887988)
Mecca, he looked great against the Vikings. Explosive. Quick. Powerful.

Keep spinning, Mr. Negative.

You were wrong last year about him....

Am I suppose to be impressed that he ran well against the Vikings backup crew?

Hammock Parties 08-03-2008 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4887991)
You were wrong last year about him....

Am I suppose to be impressed that he ran well against the Vikings backup crew?

Here we go again.

You know very well Adrian Peterson couldn't have run for shit behind our line last year.

SAUTO 08-03-2008 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4887977)
They already essentially ruined his career by giving him an NFL record of carries to sneak into the playoffs...

It's been prove time and time again you do not give someone 400 touches of the ball in a season it will significantly affect them.

IF THATS THE CASE then why not ride him as far as he goes? i honestly think lj can take quite the beating and will be fine

Deberg_1990 08-03-2008 03:21 PM

Why cant the Chiefs try and limit LJ carries to around 20 game average??? I dont get these idiots sometimes.

Id rather see LJ for 3-5 more years instead of two.

L.A. Chieffan 08-03-2008 03:23 PM

The other problem LJ is gonna have is our lack of threat in passing downs. Other then Bowe and TG we have dick in the receiving game.

Defenses are gonna stack stack stack the line regardless how much our OL has improved.

Mecca 08-03-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 4887995)
IF THATS THE CASE then why not ride him as far as he goes? i honestly think lj can take quite the beating and will be fine

Well right now I'd say it's because you don't kill someone to win 5 games, I'd only support what they did to LJ 2 years ago if you could win a Superbowl doing it and he was at the end of his contract...

Now that the Chiefs (very stupidly) paid him they have no choice but to try to milk atleast 2 more years out of him, if they get close to 400 carries this year they'll have to get a new RB as early as next year.

I'm not worried about it because RB is an easy position to replace and should be one of the last pieces to put in place on a rebuilding team so they need to try to get this year and next year out of LJ before cutting him for a new younger drafted back when the team is ready.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-03-2008 03:28 PM

Just a silly idea. He'd have to get 5 yards a carry at 400 carries to do so and that isn't happening. A more likely goal would be 20 carries a game at 4 yards a pop. 320 carries for 1280 yards rushing. That would be a pretty good year considering what we have on the o-line.

Hammock Parties 08-03-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 4888005)
The other problem LJ is gonna have is our lack of threat in passing downs. Other then Bowe and TG we have dick in the receiving game.

Defenses are gonna stack stack stack the line regardless how much our OL has improved.

That's where the new audible system comes into play.

We won't be running into 9 man fronts stubbornly this year. We're going to play smart football.

And teams are going to be scared shitless of Bowe...he's a beast.