ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***OFFICIAL*** High School Football Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190023)

Demonpenz 08-28-2008 01:29 PM

I hope all the stuff they get is good for the kids and it doesn't go to their heads. They may be "bad" now but unless you are top talent you will be back in the mix with everyone else. I am sure it is good though. Pride, fun, and drawing good teachers and all

Prometheus 08-28-2008 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953342)
LSW lost their top RB due to a broken leg at the scrimmage last week against Exclsior Springs. Their stud LB is suspended for the game because he got caught chewing tobacco. Going to see how deep they really are against Blue Springs.

Tough break for you, but good news for BS. Maybe my boy will be able to get to the QB a few times then, instead of having to focus so much on their ground game.

|Zach| 08-28-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEA_OF_RED (Post 4953303)
Sad to see Blue Springs has fallen off the past few years.

Meh, the 3 best teams in the state are just sitting around in KC grouped together. Two of them in Blue Springs. Not everyone can get out of the west side of the state. Someone has to stay home. Usually it has been BS South...but not as much anymore. BS still has a ton of fire power.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prometheus (Post 4953418)
Tough break for you, but good news for BS. Maybe my boy will be able to get to the QB a few times then, instead of having to focus so much on their ground game.

Not so fast there.....They are pretty deep at RB and the QB can fly also.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 4953422)
Meh, the 3 best teams in the state are just sitting around in KC grouped together. Two of them in Blue Springs. Not everyone can get out of the west side of the state. Someone has to stay home. Usually it has been BS South...but not as much anymore. BS still has a ton of fire power.

We will see tommorrow LSW is ready to crash BS's personal party. After watching these guys I just don't see how your going to beat that O-line. In high school football especially if you have a great O-Line you can do anything.

|Zach| 08-28-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953432)
We will see tommorrow LSW is ready to crash BS's personal party. After watching these guys I just don't see how your going to beat that O-line. In high school football especially if you have a great O-Line you can do anything.

Quote:

Donohoe is known for his innovative offensive schemes, but he seems sold on the Wildcats defense.
“It might be the fastest unit we’ve ever had,” Donohoe said. “Now, I’m not talking about talent – because a lot of the guys are new – but when it comes to athleticism and speed, these guys might be the best we’ve had.”
http://www.examiner.net/sports/x4993...p-of-their-own

Prometheus 08-28-2008 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953428)
Not so fast there.....They are pretty deep at RB and the QB can fly also.

LOL I was just giving you a hard time. He's been holding his own against most players for two years now. He won't need any help.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 4953438)

Isn't this a conflict of interest? You being a Blue Springs guy covering the game for a LSW paper?:)

Too bad this isn't later in the year when both teams will be playing better.

Mr. Kotter 08-28-2008 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953432)

Is your boy on that O-Line?

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 4953507)
Is your boy on that O-Line?

He's a starter on the junior varsity team. He dress's and travels with the team as 2nd string on Varsity. He needs to put on about 20-30 pounds of muscle to crack that o-line. Every one of them will play D1 football. My son doesn't have D1 talent.....yet.

Mr. Kotter 08-28-2008 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953523)
He's a starter on the junior varisty team. He dress's and travels with the team as 2nd string on Varsity. He needs to put on about 20-30 pounds of muscle to crack that o-line. Every one of them will play D1 football. My son doesn't have D1 talent.....yet.

Well, unless he's a senior....he's got time. He's a big boy, so there's time and hope. As long as he's willing to work hard, he can put on that muscle. If his footwork is solid and he ain't "slow"---he'll get some looks. Personally, I'm of the opinion if a kid really wants to play college ball.....even if he can play division I, they should at least look at some non-Division I schools. For many, it can be a better fit (unless they are All-American candidates, in which case the trade-offs of Division I schools are probably worth it.)

MOhillbilly 08-28-2008 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 4953141)
Insane how big and fast they have gotten in 10 years since I played. Ahh a back in the day story.....Back in the day 99' it seemed like you could run the sweep and it was open every time because no one was fast enough. Now you got backers that can fill and run from AAA and up. It does make the game easier to watch on TV atleast.

in 92' the oline for our team averaged 260 and all of em benched over 300.

chief52 08-28-2008 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 4953523)
He's a starter on the junior varsity team. He dress's and travels with the team as 2nd string on Varsity. He needs to put on about 20-30 pounds of muscle to crack that o-line. Every one of them will play D1 football. My son doesn't have D1 talent.....yet.

I will have to tivo this week's game. I can not imagine a high school football team with all 5 OL positions occupied by guys who are going to play D1. Hard for me to believe...but I have never seen them.

BigRedChief 08-28-2008 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief52 (Post 4953611)
I will have to tivo this week's game. I can not imagine a high school football team with all 5 OL positions occupied by guys who are going to play D1. Hard for me to believe...but I have never seen them.

2 of them already have firm D1 schlorships. Freshmen and sophmores are still too early but they are just as good as the two who already have them in hand.

ChiefsCountry 08-28-2008 03:45 PM

And Missouri now has a BS rule that two teams from each district makes the playoffs. I know its mainly for the super districts that have alot of teams but its going to dilute the playoffs in lot of ways. I guess it gives more kids a chance to experience state playoff football which is awesome if you never have gotten to play in them. That would be the only positive IMO.