ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Marty for new GM (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191637)

DeezNutz 09-14-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020350)
It took him 2 or three years to build the Chargers and it will take that long for them to disintegrate. The are 0-2 at present.

They'll still win the division. It took smoke and mirrors for them to lose this afternoon.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-14-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5020324)
Name a few. Not meant as a challenge, but I'm curious as to who could be potential coaches (head or position).

I wasn't just talking about coaches, but what the hell:

Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, Bruce Arians (who helped developed Manning), Doug Marrone, Bob Sanders (GB), Cam Cameron (Offense)

For personnel guys, I would look internally to the people in San Diego, New England, Green Bay, Dallas, and Indy because those teams consistently draft the best players who make immediate impacts.

DeezNutz 09-14-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5020360)
I wasn't just talking about coaches, but what the hell:

Mike Singletary, Russ Grimm, Bruce Arians (who helped developed Manning), Doug Marrone, Bob Sanders (GB), Cam Cameron (Offense)

For personnel guys, I would look internally to the people in San Diego, New England, Green Bay, Dallas, and Indy because those teams consistently draft the best players who make immediate impacts.

Maybe there's someone over in Europe? Trey Hillman's been such a smashing success that I'd like to import another coach.

ROFL

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:09 PM

I knew there would be dissent when I posted this but Marty is tied with Stram for the most wins with this franchise. And a couple of years ago the Star took a poll of the Chiefs most popular all time coach and Marty beat Stram. I like winning and being on Monday Night football and going to the playoffs and that hasn't happened since Marty left.

Smed1065 09-14-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020350)
It took him 2 or three years to build the Chargers and it will take that long for them to disintegrate. The are 0-2 at present.

He built them in 2 years. No players before he got there? No players in the top 5, it was all Marty.

Must be good shit. Bogart.

DeezNutz 09-14-2008 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020370)
I knew there would be dissent when I posted this but Marty is tied with Stram for the most wins with this franchise. And a couple of years ago the Star took a poll of the Chiefs most popular all time coach and Marty beat Stram. I like winning and being on Monday Night football and going to the playoffs and that hasn't happened since Marty left.

It was a great time to be a fan, but answer this question seriously and honestly: Do you think Marty can win it all?

philfree 09-14-2008 10:16 PM

How 'bout Mike Holmgren as GM? He'll be done in Seattle at season's end. He knows QBs.

PhilFree:arrow:

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5020384)
It was a great time to be a fan, but answer this question seriously and honestly: Do you think Marty can win it all?

He hasn't yet but if you want to make something out of nothing in a hurry, Marty is your man. You can then bring in your "new blood" to run the playoffs. Any new blood will be a risk and could further set back our Super Bowl aspirations. I want to win now and Marty can do that. He's done it over and over. But he probably wouldn't come back here.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-14-2008 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 5020392)
How 'bout Mike Holmgren as GM? He'll be done in Seattle at season's end. He knows QBs.

He was a horrible GM when at the helm in Seattle.

philfree 09-14-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5020405)

He was also the HC and it's just to hard to do both.

SoCalBronco 09-14-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 5020384)

That's not the question you guys should be asking. The better question is, can Marty take you back to the playoffs. You have to crawl before you can walk. Once he gets you back to that point, you can change coaches.

Mr. Arrowhead 09-14-2008 10:24 PM

its just too bad that people in KC ran marty off. People should really appreciate him now and what he did during the 90s

Skip Towne 09-14-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5020405)

There is something wrong with everybody. I'm not sure how many of the top candidates would take this job. I'm sure the Tuna wouldn't have. Beggars can't be choosers. But Marty might just to kick sand in Carl's face after he lost the power struggle.

DeezNutz 09-14-2008 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalBronco (Post 5020414)
That's not the question you guys should be asking. The better question is, can Marty take you back to the playoffs. You have to crawl before you can walk. Once he gets you back to that point, you can change coaches.

But it is the question b/c a new coach will mean a new philosophy, etc. This isn't a 5-year project in the NFL. The next head coach needs to be the "right" guy, not just a bridge.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-14-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skip Towne (Post 5020419)
There is something wrong with everybody. I'm not sure how many of the top candidates would take this job. I'm sure the Tuna wouldn't have. Beggars can't be choosers.

No there isn't. There's always something wrong with a retread, which is why they are retreads. New coaches are unknown commodities to an extent, but if they've shown a decent track record of fielding good units and developing players (Mike Tomlin), they have a hell of a lot more upside than bringing in Dom *****ing Capers or Norv Turner.