ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I just saw on ESPN... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=191641)

Manila-Chief 09-14-2008 10:38 PM

Only if we trade Herm for him.

Phobia 09-14-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stinger (Post 5020382)
Besides isn't Garcia injuried?

If he's not now he would be in a hurry as a KC QB.

FAX 09-14-2008 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 5020431)
As I've said before, 0-2 isn't the problem. The problem is the way they lost to another bottom of the barrel team. LJ into Niswangers ass again after last week? Hagans in to run the option? Nothing in Carl or Herm's resumes suggest they are capable of building a champion and that is being confirmed each week in front of our eyes. I can accept a rebuilding year but still maintain that we shouldn't be blown out at home by another 4-win team.

Yeah ... today made it even more obvious, Mr. el borracho. The Hermaphrodites can say what they will, but we really didn't lose these two contests at the fundamental, core level of comparative talent on the field at any given time (Brady was, after all, knocked out of that game). Of course, there are execution issues and mistakes being made ... but that's happening on the enemy's side of the ball, as well. Ultimately, you can only blame our woes on Roaf for so long.

No, we're struggling primarily due to issues associated with coaching. Things like preparation, game planning, and tactical decisions and the like. Running the option and trying to introduce a "slash" play and player into this game, for example, was simply stunningly and amazingly ridiculous. Normally, I would say that people would be applauding that move had it worked - and the only reason they're catching flak for it now is because it didn't. However, in this particular case, does anyone actually believe that it could have worked? Really? I submit that the only people who might believe are a few true fans and the band of morons who are operating in a bubble created by Herm and insulated from certain realities in today's NFL.

The cold, hard truth is that this offense isn't substantially different from the offenses of the last two seasons - offenses that, ultimately, got Solari fired. No, Herm has given the peeps of the world good reason to scoff at the Kansas City Chiefs. His stoogery has infected the entire organization and I fear that, as the season unfolds, that fact will become even more apparent.

FAX

Rain Man 09-14-2008 10:59 PM

This isn't about Garcia in particular, but I have a counterpoint to everyone saying that we should ditch all of our veterans and play only young players.

My counterpoint is that that isn't necessarily a good thing. If you start young players who aren't the strongest players on your roster, you put other good young players in a bad position. For example, if you start a young quarterback and you also start five young offensive linemen who are marginal candidates, the quarterback is going to be running for his life and won't develop. Similarly, if you start four young defensive linemen and two of them aren't long-term candidates, the other two are going to get double-teamed every play and won't learn how to play in a normal environment. If it came down to starting a young marginal receiver or an experienced journeyman at WR to go with a young QB, I'd take the journeyman so at least the QB can learn without worrying whether the receiver is running the right route.

Even if it's a "rebuilding" effort, it's not always good to favor the younger players.

triple 09-14-2008 11:05 PM

i agree, Rain Man. further we can see that playing people like Thigpen is stunting the growth of the other young players on offense.

i dont think players can develop by experiencing nothing but plunger-rape on every down. they need success at least some percentage of the time.

since we run up the center's ass twice and then throw an out that's short of the marker, how much does that help brandon albert? is will franklin going to get better running a route where he's missed if he gets open, or he's not the primary receiver so he never gets looked at?

i guess i'm in favor of huard, i hate to say that, but simply because these rookie schmuck QBs are screwing things up so bad that the game is not even as good as practice for them.

DT58HOF 09-15-2008 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossbow (Post 5020442)
This team could have Bret Favre as its QB and it would still run up the middle twice and then throw a sideline pass every series(?).

Brett Favre = INTS more than any other
Brett Favre = Way over-rated

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5020490)
No, we're struggling primarily due to issues associated with coaching. Things like preparation, game planning, and tactical decisions and the like. Running the option and trying to introduce a "slash" play and player into this game, for example, was simply stunningly and amazingly ridiculous. Normally, I would say that people would be applauding that move had it worked - and the only reason they're catching flak for it now is because it didn't. However, in this particular case, does anyone actually believe that it could have worked? Really? I submit that the only people who might believe are a few true fans and the band of morons who are operating in a bubble created by Herm and insulated from certain realities in today's NFL.

The cold, hard truth is that this offense isn't substantially different from the offenses of the last two seasons - offenses that, ultimately, got Solari fired. No, Herm has given the peeps of the world good reason to scoff at the Kansas City Chiefs. His stoogery has infected the entire organization and I fear that, as the season unfolds, that fact will become even more apparent.

FAX

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Personally, I beginning to think you just like to bitch about the Chiefs failures.

Last week, all you stupid mother****ers were bitching about the lack of creativity the Chiefs displayed in New England.

Now, it's "Who's Hagans" and "What's the Slash thing" and "Why is Thigpen out there"?

Have you sat for one second and thought "These coaches are trying their best to find out who's talented, who's going to be successful and who's a ****ing player?".

I don't think so.

You mother****ers act like there's FIVE All-Pro offensive lineman, a Pro Bowl QB and Terrell Owens and Randy Moss at receiver, yet Hermco is ****ing it all up.

JFC.

What a sad collection of whiny ass bitches that clearly don't understand the serious lack of depth and talent on the 2008 Chiefs roster.

J.F.C.

TinyEvel 09-15-2008 12:46 AM

OH SNAP!!!!!!

FAX 09-15-2008 01:47 AM

It occurs to me that it's also becoming increasingly obvious which posters spend a great deal of their spare time in the DC forum.

But, for the record, Mr. DaneMcCloud, that specific allegation is in error. In fact, anyone who actually pays attention to my posts over the years or is at all familiar with my general outlook both in RL or on this board knows that I don't prefer to spend my time "bitching". Nor, as it happens, do I dedicate a significant amount of effort or keystrokes attacking posters whose opinions differ from my own (as easy as that might be, as it is a particularly childish behavior - learned early as a defensive and compensatory social style and typically ultimately renounced and rejected by intelligent, mature, and thoughtful human beings). In fact, it's one of the benefits of ChiefsPlanet - that is, exposure to other, sometimes unfamiliar or even unpopular, points of view. Such a perspective, of course, requires that the poster be of sufficient mental capacity to retain two thoughts in his or her mind simultaneously which is, undoubtedly, difficult for some.

Still, I have to agree that the introduction of the "slash" offense was certainly creative. That much is true. And please feel free to continue to defend Herm's offensive strategies. I'm sure you'll get plenty of practice before season's end.

FAX

DaneMcCloud 09-15-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 5020700)
Still, I have to agree that the introduction of the "slash" offense was certainly creative. That much is true. And please feel free to continue to defend Herm's offensive strategies. I'm sure you'll get plenty of practice before season's end.

FAX

I'd be more interested in hearing what plays YOU think the Chiefs could and should run, given the lack of talent at the WR and offensive line positions.

Not to mention, QB.

FAX 09-15-2008 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 5020701)
I'd be more interested in hearing what plays YOU think the Chiefs could and should run, given the lack of talent at the WR and offensive line positions.

Not to mention, QB.

Great question, and thanks for asking.

Actually, I've noticed that this identical question has been floated at least a couple of times in the last week by Planeteers (I don't recall off hand, but you may have been one of them). Each time, it's caught my eye. Frankly, I would very much like to chart a couple of drives for this team with adjustments (based on various possible enemy defensive reactions).

I'll tell you what, I should have a little time tomorrow (I hope) and, if so, I'll do just that. If nothing else, it should provide some grist for critique or discussion. I can tell you now that I honestly believe that there are hundreds of high school coaches who would be (at least equally, if not more) effective compared to the Herm/Gailey/Solari braintrust when it comes to designing an offensive gameplan for this particular Chiefs team given the kinds of defensive schemes we're facing, Mr. DaneMcCloud (the 3/4 notwithstanding). Heck, I think that Mr. Bob Dole could do it while making creamed corn with the other hand.

FAX