ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Dear, Vikings: Thanks for our quarterback; Sincerely, Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=197822)

Micjones 12-04-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5269373)
1) I think you're missing the implication here. He think's that Thigpen is AT LEAST a #2. Meaning, at worst, he knows he has a backup in place. He's displaying some cautious optimism that Thigpen can be the #1, and wants to see how he performs over the last 4 games before they make a decision to permanently change the offense for 2009.

Spot on.

He has a chance to play a bigger role next year, but that will depend on his numbers over the final quarter of the season.

I think if he can minimize turnovers he'll win the job.

I'm looking for something like 6-8 TD's with 1-2 picks.
I think that would do it.

Deberg_1990 12-04-2008 11:25 AM

Although i didnt notice it last week,

Thiggy has ran a few plays from behind center. He doesnt take 100% shotgun snaps.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 5269408)
Good point. I never have understood the argument that the spread offense won’t work in the NFL. Maybe that’s because I’ve never heard, or read, a reasonable argument for why. :shrug:

Time may prove me wrong, but I'm betting it won't.

Let's find out some numbers that relate to those "pretty good" defenses we've played.

The Franchise 12-04-2008 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269413)
Wow. Wow wow wow.

Prior to this thread, I thought that overall we had some really good students of the game in here.

Unbelieveable.

I have never claimed to be a student of the game but your constant bitching is reeruned.

TrickyNicky 12-04-2008 11:29 AM

I can almost guarantee our spread is going to be dogshit without Tony catching 10 balls a game.

CoMoChief 12-04-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 5269334)
I like the fact that having Thigpen has forced Herm to change his offensive philosophy.

:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5269432)
I have never claimed to be a student of the game but your constant bitching is reeruned.

And your bandwagon-jumpery is equaly comical. Let's keep this about the ****ing game, okay Sherlock?

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5269433)
I can almost guarantee our spread is going to be dogshit without Tony catching 10 balls a game.

Excellent point.

The Franchise 12-04-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269435)
And your bandwagon-jumpery is equaly comical. Let's keep this about the ****ing game, okay Sherlock?

Band-wagon jumping? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm just happy that Herm has pulled his head out of his ass and let Thigpen run something that he can. Do I think it will work next season? I don't know. I'm not going to bash the fact that it seems to be working right now.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 5269434)
:clap:

True, but sadly enough Herm isnt a forward enough thinker to maximize his talent until he is forced into doing something he didnt want to do.

Its not like Herm come out and said you know what guys? This team can not run my historically bad buttsexs offense, we need to look at this type of offense to best maximize our potential... It came out of desperation...

IF Herm was such a prodigy, then the Tampon 2 wouldnt be used, when our LB's and Safetys are blah....

kcfanXIII 12-04-2008 11:35 AM

any offense the chiefs will be running will be dogshit with out tony. especially a tony g that is on fire.

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pestilenceaf23 (Post 5269443)
Band-wagon jumping? Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm just happy that Herm has pulled his head out of his ass and let Thigpen run something that he can. Do I think it will work next season? I don't know. I'm not going to bash the fact that it seems to be working right now.

Nice Post, but I dont think Herm has the full head out though.... The defense is still bad enough to make GROB look like Buddy Ryan...

Reerun_KC 12-04-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcfanXIII (Post 5269447)
any offense the chiefs will be running will be dogshit with out tony. especially a tony g that is on fire.

:shrug:
http://www.stayingalive.ca/images/fi...inguisher1.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-04-2008 11:41 AM

I won't deny that the scheme is working well right now. But the level of play on the part of EVERYONE involved in it needs to up, up, UP Big Time in order to make it work against a Pro Bowl defense.

I'll be plowing through the numbers here shortly, as I want to see how this is truly playing out.

mikey23545 12-04-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth CarlSatan (Post 5269370)
Considering our total ground game, I wouldn't go counting that as a positive.

And if you DO, then know that those yards are coming from outside or near outside runs.

This is utter lunacy.

You're a ****ing idiot, and can't see shit right in front of your clown face.