ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Go on the record: Who do you want as GM and Head Coach? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198564)

jidar 12-16-2008 05:52 PM

I don't know enough to have an opinion.

Skip Towne 12-16-2008 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jidar (Post 5302480)
I don't know enough to have an opinion.

That didn't stop all these other douches.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5302459)
Someone will get upset cause he's been mostly a 3-4 guy.

Let 'em get upset.

That's one of the positives about Ryan. He runs a hybrid defense that includes aspects of the 4-3, 3-4 and 4-6.

Baltimore was running a 4-3 earlier this decade, and made the switch.

I'm not even sure we'd HAVE to make the switch, but if we were ever going to do it, now is the time, while we're at rock-****ing-bottom.

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5302476)
I don't think you really have to have a connection to someone to hire them as HC's.

The Patriots guy didn't have one to Mike Smith. Ozzie Newsome didn't have one to John Harbaugh.

I think McDaniels and Spagnuolo are 2 of the best coordinators in the NFL.

McDaniels is terrific, but I'm slightly concerned about the Bellichick effect. We've seen already from Charlie Weiss and Romeo Crennel that maybe Bellichick controls a lot more of the gameplanning on both sides of the ball than we realize. I might question if McDaniels is a product of a really good coach, seeing that Bellichick has gotten similar results from both Mangini and Weiss with the Patriots.

Don't know enough about McDaniels to say either way, but it could be something that makes you pause.

Bowser 12-16-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5302474)
I think the point with why he said that is most GM's will hire a head coach they are personally familiar with.

Sure, and there is reasoning....

Polian knows Peyton who is Eli's brother that plays on a team that Spags coaches on. Where the **** is Kevin Bacon when you need him?

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2008 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5302476)
I don't think you really have to have a connection to someone to hire them as HC's.

The Patriots guy didn't have one to Mike Smith. Ozzie Newsome didn't have one to John Harbaugh.

I think McDaniels and Spagnuolo are 2 of the best coordinators in the NFL.

Not calling you out, just asking.

Mecca 12-16-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5302488)
Let 'em get upset.

That's one of the positives about Ryan. He runs a hybrid defense that includes aspects of the 4-3, 3-4 and 4-6.

Baltimore was running a 4-3 earlier this decade, and made the switch.

I'm not even sure we'd HAVE to make the switch, but if we were ever going to do it, now is the time, while we're at rock-****ing-bottom.

But you'll ruin Dorsey man! I'm not being serious I just had to do that...if we were to play 3-4 nearly every front 7 player on this team would need to be let go.

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2008 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5302498)
But you'll ruin Dorsey man! I'm not being serious I just had to do that...if we were to play 3-4 nearly every front 7 player on this team would need to be let go.

That's the thing.

The Ravens don't run a straight 3-4 now as it is.

Ryan has experience in the 4-3, 3-4 and 4-6. We wouldn't HAVE to make any changes at all. If he did choose to make the change, so be it - now's as good a time as any.

And for as much as I bash DJ, I'd love to see what Ryan could do with him as a OLB.

crazycoffey 12-16-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5302454)
Me, or Mecca?

If me, read the DeCosta bio, and look at Baltimore's drafts - they are rock solid.

And Rex Ryan? Dear God, I hope I don't have to SELL anyone on Rex ****ing Ryan...

I think you wouldn't have to sell that one to anyone, not even herm himself.....

TrickyNicky 12-16-2008 06:01 PM

Bill Kuharich - GM

Al Saunders - Head Coach

Print 'em

OnTheWarpath15 12-16-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrickyNicky (Post 5302522)
Bill Kuharich - GM

Al Saunders - Head Coach

Print 'em

ROFL

chiefzilla1501 12-16-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5302498)

That's not true. I actually think that our linemen would excel in a 3-4. I think Turk is the exact mold of a DE you look for and Dorsey would also make an excellent DE.

The reason most teams run a 3-4 is because they are legitimately worried that it is too, too hard to find difference-making DEs. So what a 3-4 does is essentially put two defensive tackles on the line with a nose tackle in the middle.

Given that the strength of the Chiefs, in my opinion, is the corners and the defensive tackles (Tank, Dorsey, and... yes, Turk for a 3-4), it allows us to build on the right strengths. The next step is finding a nose tackle and shoring up the linebackers. The nose tackle is harder to find, but LBs are easy and they are easily available, and it is something we need to upgrade anyway.

As I put it in another thread... regardless of whether we run a 3-4 or a 4-3, we'll probably need to make some major changes and probably the same amount of major changes.

RedThat 12-16-2008 06:05 PM

Hey I changed my mind I want Matt Millen as our GM.

And then I want Rich Kotite as our head coach!!!

Mecca 12-16-2008 06:05 PM

We don't have rush backers for a 3-4....and if anyone suggest Tamba Hali as a rush backer I'll back hand them.

It's not a huge deal because we need a bunch of new front 7 players and pass rushers either way.

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-16-2008 06:06 PM

We don't have Haloti Ngata. He's one of the five most valuable defensive players in the league. He lets that defense do anything it wants because he's such a friggin monster.