ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2 Observations: What Think Ye? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=198909)

Hammock Parties 12-21-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5319127)
Its not about that 1 call, its about the 2nd half of football games lately.

I blame Thigpen more than Chan. He is limited in what he can do. Makes it easy to adjust to the Chiefs' offense.

KCUnited 12-21-2008 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5319138)
I blame Thigpen more than Chan. He is limited in what he can do. Makes it easy to adjust to the Chiefs' offense.

The total abandon of the run in the 2nd half is not on Thigpen. If a coach recognizes the limitations of his qb, then he runs the ball with the lead in the 2nd half.

Mecca 12-21-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5319156)
The total abandon of the run in the 2nd half is not on Thigpen. If a coach recognizes the limitations of his qb, then he runs the ball with the lead in the 2nd half.

Well Thigpen is the reason they are constantly in shotgun which is going to make you a passing team.

Reerun_KC 12-21-2008 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5319137)
Who's a choker? Herm, Chan, Thigpen, all of them?

All of them..

Herm historically has been a choker and it hasnt changed...

Chan, well GT people will say he is a choker and folds under pressure...

Thigpen is a QB from Coastal Carolina... He shouldnt even be on the field at times, but our staff put all there eggs on Brokie and Downfield BigQuitter...

Ebolapox 12-21-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5319117)
So its really you?

you shut your ****ing mouth. goddamn beakers!

Hammock Parties 12-21-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5319038)
Thigpen kinda uses that Huard QB way of thinking... Just chuck that mother to TG no matter what the coverage is...

Thigpen could easily have 10-15 more picks this year. There were probably 6-8 that should of been picked today...

I don't think that's necessarily it.

He seems more comfortable throwing to Tony over the middle of the field because it's a shorter, easier throw.

He seems very uncomfortable throwing the ball outside the numbers.

Mecca 12-21-2008 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 5319168)
All of them..

Herm historically has been a choker and it hasnt changed...

Chan, well GT people will say he is a choker and folds under pressure...

Thigpen is a QB from Coastal Carolina... He shouldnt even be on the field at times, but our staff put all there eggs on Brokie and Downfield BigQuitter...

Speaking of that, it sure was great judgment to go into this year thinking Croyle was the guy eh?

KCUnited 12-21-2008 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5319160)
Well Thigpen is the reason they are constantly in shotgun which is going to make you a passing team.

I won't argue Thigpen's shortcomings. But the playcalling in the 2nd half of ballgames is suspect.

Mecca 12-21-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5319178)
I won't argue Thigpen's shortcomings. But the playcalling in the 2nd half of ballgames is suspect.

It's partially because it's a gimmick offense with a QB who is so wildly inconsistent and wildly inaccurate you don't know what you'll get then mix that with being in shotgun constantly you aren't going to be able to milk the clock.

Hammock Parties 12-21-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 5319178)

There's not really much the Chiefs can do on offense.

They're good at running from the spread in limited doses, and throwing a lot of short routes out of the spread.

They suck at running from traditional sets, and they suck at throwing the ball down the field.

Today we got lucky because we reeled in a couple jump balls and Charles broke one loose. Doesn't always happen.

Mecca 12-21-2008 11:11 PM

Right now the Chiefs are just a bad team all around they lack talent everywhere.

Reerun_KC 12-21-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H5N1 (Post 5319171)
you shut your ****ing mouth. goddamn beakers!

ROFL

Ebolapox 12-21-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5319201)
Right now the Chiefs are just a bad team all around they lack talent everywhere.

naw, really? ****. guess I should cancel my flight and hotel room for the super bowl, eh?

Reerun_KC 12-21-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5319175)
Speaking of that, it sure was great judgment to go into this year thinking Croyle was the guy eh?

Yeah I was on the Croyle bandwagon... Was the navigator... Well that didnt work out so well... It was a bummer, I was pulling for the kid, but hes done...

Reerun_KC 12-21-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5319172)
I don't think that's necessarily it.

He seems more comfortable throwing to Tony over the middle of the field because it's a shorter, easier throw.

He seems very uncomfortable throwing the ball outside the numbers.

very comfortable throwing the ball outside the numbers? I guess if 10 feet over the head of the receiver is comfortable. Then he is relaxing in his snuggy....

Regardless of the coverage. 3,4,5,19 guys around TG, he will throw into severe coverage to get the ball to his buddy TG....

And yes, just imagine if half the balls that were dropped by opposing D's ( and I know it happens in the NFL to other QB's ) there would be a good chance Thiggy is getting his ass railed by half or more of this board...