ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The opposite of the true fan... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203357)

Mr. Flopnuts 02-28-2009 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5539226)

Flopnuts: I agree, Cassel is a monumental upgrade. But do you think he can lead us to a Lombardi Trophy? Because that's all that matters.

I never thought you were in that club. At all. Matter of fact, I think you and I have a lot of the same opinions on the Chiefs.

No. I don't think Cassel can win us a SB outside of a Trent Dilfer type role and have said that in a couple of other threads.

Yes. Pioli is getting a pass from me now in spite of the fact that every move he's made has made me scratch my head and ask WTF? Because I wanted him hired in the first place. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

ChiefRon 02-28-2009 04:12 PM

I will say this: if Stafford or Sanchez reach a SB and we do not, I will be freakin' pissed beyond all measure.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but if these guys whiff to that extent on this decision, then all of the hope from re-doing the FO will be for nothing.

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 5539247)
OTW58 is on the borderline. He's not quite stuck on stupid. We'll have to see how he goes over the next few months. The other two have gone full-blown reeruned, which is a shame in milkman's case.

By the way, you forgot the worst of the bunch, their inspirational LEADER -- Mecca.

I haven't seen Mecca's reaction to this.

OTWP58 said we wouldn't win a Super Bowl in the other thread...

Bugeater 02-28-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5539269)

Yes, I know it's shocking, but there are people out there that simply enjoy watching the games, and they outnumber the people like you.

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539352)

And?

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 04:17 PM

That's just ridiculous.

keg in kc 02-28-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 5539362)
Yes, I know it's shocking, but there are people out there that simply enjoy watching the games, and they outnumber the people like you.

Yeah, the last two years have been great. Who needs to win, anyway.

ncCHIEFfan 02-28-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilly (Post 5539212)
You know there's always going to be people who can't for the life of them see the good.

...and that is truely sad

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5539312)
I never thought you were in that club. At all. Matter of fact, I think you and I have a lot of the same opinions on the Chiefs.

No. I don't think Cassel can win us a SB outside of a Trent Dilfer type role and have said that in a couple of other threads.

Yes. Pioli is getting a pass from me now in spite of the fact that every move he's made has made me scratch my head and ask WTF? Because I wanted him hired in the first place. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'm with you, other than giving Pioli a pass.

I'll never be a fan that blindly follows. If I feel they made a poor choice, I'll say so, and also say that I hope like hell I'm wrong.

I'm always going to call it as I see it. I'll praise him when I agree, and question him when I don't. He's human just like the rest of us, and is going to make mistakes.

That's about as fair as you can get, and I'm getting barbecued over it.

ncCHIEFfan 02-28-2009 04:20 PM

ya know spoken words are powerful. try speaking posative words into existance

Bugeater 02-28-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5539305)
I'm still baffled by this comment.

Did I miss a meeting this morning, where the NFL announced they have scrapped the idea of crowning a champion in early February, and are going to the little league idea of giving all 32 teams a participation medal?

Holy Christ.

If you don't care about winning the Super Bowl, why in God's name would anyone follow a team?

I guess the comments about the fans just wanting a 8-8 season so their tailgates and parties aren't ruined have some truth to them.

It does. Carl was many things, but stupid wasn't one of them. I'm not trying to rip on you specifically, but you need to realize not all fans have the same mindset as you, and nothing you do or say is going to change that. It's entertainment for many people, and nothing else.

CupidStunt 02-28-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

It'll be negative, and it'll be borderline stupid. Don't rush to defend him and bash someone like OTW58, who we at least know would actually celebrate any success of the Chiefs in the near future.

Quote:

Reasonable opinion. We'll see.

-King- 02-28-2009 04:21 PM

I cant seriously believe what I'm reading. I can understand criticism of the trade, but to say that Sanchez is hands and feet down better than Cassel is rediculous. To say Sanchez can take his team to the SB faster than Cassel can is the dumbest shit ever. He couldnt take his college team to the ****ing NC and yet he can take his NFL team to the SB no questions asked? Most likely he'll go to a sub 7 win team, and yet he'll turn them around and take them to the superbowl easily huh? Stafford will go to the Lions...yes, he'll take them to the superbowl just as easy. ROFL Sometimes, I think people here just bitch just for the sake of bitching.

OnTheWarpath15 02-28-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claythan (Post 5539370)
That's just ridiculous.

Be honest.

Do you think that Kansas City will win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as the starting QB?

Or are you just happy that we've upgraded at a crucial position, and will be happy with mediocrity and the occasional 1-and-done in the playoffs?

Hammock Parties 02-28-2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 5539418)
Be honest.

Do you think that Kansas City will win a Super Bowl with Matt Cassel as the starting QB?

I don't know.

I think there's a chance.

To rule it out at this point is ridiculous. Ridiculous.

I know one thing for sure - Cassel is NOT Trent Dilfer.