ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Who does the Planet want the Chiefs to pick at #3? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=203851)

ChiefsCountry 03-08-2009 04:47 PM

Everrette Brown is the pass rusher but I think #6 is his ceiling where he could go.

philfree 03-08-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5566481)
People act like Aaron Curry is a surefire can't miss player. I suggest they check out the history of the draft. The safest picks are often no safer than any other pick.

He's basically Derrick Johnson in a weaker draft class for defensive players.

He's a totally different type player then DJ. IMO people like Curry because they think he's the best player in the draft not because they think he's a safe pick.

PhilFree:arrow:

Basileus777 03-08-2009 05:02 PM

I didn't really get to see Raji play enough to really get a grip on how I feel he'll pan out as a NT. If he's a legit NT, I'd take him, reach or not. I don't believe trading down is feasible.

old_geezer 03-08-2009 05:09 PM

At this moment (and I say this because I'm not sure what Pioli will do on the player front before the actual draft) my choices would be;

1. Stafford if he is there at #3, and look for a possible trade partner. But IMO he is the best player available and we don't leave him there for someone else.

2. Aaron Curry - best defensive player available and fixing our defense is going to take more than 1 year or 1 player.

3. B J Raji would not upset me too much if we indeed are going to switch to a 3-4 this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-08-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 5566510)
He's a totally different type player then DJ.

Please back this up.

Mr. Krab 03-08-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5566548)
Please back this up.

Just watch Curry play

He might be similar in size but he plays much bigger and more physical. My opinion.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-08-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5566560)
Just watch Curry play

He might be similar in size but he plays much bigger and more physical. My opinion.

Same size.
Same speed.
Same measureables
Same role in college.
Same stats.

Played against weaker competition.

There was one negative on DJ, and that was his ability to shed blocks. Curry does that better than him.

However, DJ is a much more fluid and is better in coverage.

Other than that, they are remarkably similar.

Another player that he compares almost identically to is DJ Williams.

Mr. Krab 03-08-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 5566570)
Same size.
Same speed.
Same measureables
Same role in college.
Same stats.

Played against weaker competition.

There was one negative on DJ, and that was his ability to shed blocks. Curry does that better than him.

However, DJ is a much more fluid and is better in coverage.

Other than that, they are remarkably similar.

Another player that he compares almost identically to is DJ Williams.

You are looking at stats and i am going by watching them play. I don't know what to tell you but i don't find them similar at all.

Sam Hall 03-08-2009 05:42 PM

Interesting stat: Ray Lewis has 28 career interceptions. Curry had six at Wake Forest and took three to the house.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-08-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Krab's (Post 5566575)
You are looking at stats and i am going by watching them play. I don't know what to tell you but i don't find them similar at all.

How many Wake Forest games did you watch last year?

milkman 03-08-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Hall (Post 5566596)
Interesting stat: Ray Lewis has 28 career interceptions. Curry had six at Wake Forest and took three to the house.

Interceptions are usualy the reult of a bad pass, bad decison, or poor vision by the QB, and rarely the result of any great effort by the interceptor.

CaliforniaChief 03-08-2009 05:56 PM

The Curry phenomenon is media-driven. They like guys that are charismatic and do well in the combine. That's a smart kid getting good advice, about to get a good paycheck.

But for us, where we are today...we've gotta get a pass rush. Whether there's a gem at DE or Raji can get the kind of attention in the middle that allows other guys to get into the backfield, that seems to me to be our number one priority.

Spicy McHaggis 03-08-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5566612)
Interceptions are usualy the reult of a bad pass, bad decison, or poor vision by the QB, and rarely the result of any great effort by the interceptor.

So it wasn't Bartee's fault!

Man, I feel like an asshole now.

Sam Hall 03-08-2009 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 5566612)

I don't think the interceptions can be taken away from either player.

milkman 03-08-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spicy McHaggis (Post 5566620)
So it wasn't Bartee's fault!

Man, I feel like an asshole now.

Clearly you have to be able to move your head and be in position to make the play, however, unless I'm mistaken, Greg Wesley led the Chiefs in interceptions at least once, if not twice.

So, I guess, based on that, we let a great player get away.