ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Video Games Man kills daughter after she broke his Xbox (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=205560)

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650959)
Now, you see, that's interesting to me.

If that's genuinely true, why then click on a thread that clearly reads "man kills daughter over XBOX ", unless death is entertaining to you. Remember, I'm not judging, I'm just truly intrigued by this.

In thinking about it, I was more intrigued by the weird angle than the death angle. You saw a child being killed and the tragedy therein, and I saw a moron committing a crime over an Xbox and the humor therein.

Plus, I admit that I do have a certain fascination with death. I'm so afraid of it that I have to joke about it.

Donger 04-08-2009 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650928)
It's interesting how some minds work on these threads. Immediately, my heart goes out to that little girl who couldn't protect/defend herself. What a waste of a life. Then I think of what a pile of shit this dickweed is for doing something like that to a child.

However, then we have the posters that almost always make light of the situation, and I never quite get that. Oh, I understand that it's not anyone's child, friend or even a friend of a friend to anyone on this board. I get that. I've just got a really sensitive part in my heart for kids, especially little kids who get abused by adults, or lose their lives to some tragedy. I've never been able to de-sensitize myself from the story. Moreover, I never have understood how others can so effortlessly do so. Oh well, carry on.

/off soapbox

You'll note that it is mostly those who are not parents themselves.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:05 AM

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR ALL OF US.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 5650973)
You'll note that it is mostly those who are not parents themselves.

Yes, but I also don't own an Xbox.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650982)
Yes, but I also don't own an Xbox.

my Valium intake has increased by 2000 percent since mine red lighted

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 04-08-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 5650928)
It's interesting how some minds work on these threads. Immediately, my heart goes out to that little girl who couldn't protect/defend herself. What a waste of a life. Then I think of what a pile of shit this dickweed is for doing something like that to a child.

However, then we have the posters that almost always make light of the situation, and I never quite get that. Oh, I understand that it's not anyone's child, friend or even a friend of a friend to anyone on this board. I get that. I've just got a really sensitive part in my heart for kids, especially little kids who get abused by adults, or lose their lives to some tragedy. I've never been able to de-sensitize myself from the story. Moreover, I never have understood how others can so effortlessly do so. Oh well, carry on.

/off soapbox

I can not agree with you more. To me it is a form of diminishing the little girl's life.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5650984)
my Valium intake has increased by 2000 percent since mine red lighted

I feel for your tragic loss.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:12 AM

Okay, if Chiefs_Mike_Topeka is here, I surrender unconditionally. I deal only in the realm of the hypothetical, not in reality.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 5650990)
I feel for your tragic loss.

If only you could walk a mile in my shoes...

The hours of thrills I had growing with my 360...watching myself grow from a lonely staff captain getting made fun of by 12 year old prepubescent teenage boys...to dominating the Ninja scene and becoming a 5 star general...being the leader of my clan...a Bungie superstar...

All that down the drain because of a little dust and a machine lacking a cover...was it overused? Perhaps...but there is simply no amount of words that can describe my significant loss...as this MeatyDragonMan (one of my live names) has signed off (for now).

(Keep in mind this is the same machine that helped me watch 159 episodes of '24'...without this machine Jack Bauer may not be a part of my life, and I'm convinced he's my real father, so...)

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:18 AM

All I'm saying is...

If, before my 360 red lighted last week, someone gave me the choice between taking a human life or losing my xbox, I can tell you from my end that it would be the toughest decision I'd ever have to make...

Tougher than one of those hypothetical situations where you have the choice of killing your brother or your sister, and you have to choose or they both die...type scenarios. Or the ones where you are given an ultimatum like 'would you have sex with your mother for $1,000,000...even though I don't even consider that a tough decision because I'd do that in a second.

bogey 04-08-2009 11:19 AM

I agree with ChiTown. There are plenty of other threads to spread your comedic wings and flaunt your wit. This is not one of them. JMO.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:19 AM

HAVE I RUINED THIS THREAD YET?

Mama Hip Rockets 04-08-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 5650961)
Over react much? It's not like the kid spilled his beer or something...

why do people on here try so hard to be funny?

seriously. read what you typed out loud. it's not funny.

this is a thread about a little girl being murdered, and people come in and have to make jokes. it's okay to just read a thread once in a while without making an insensitive, complete failure of an attempt at humor.

Hootie 04-08-2009 11:22 AM

Fine.

By that logic, why does a story like this need to ever be in print?

Shouldn't the family of the little girl be able to grieve without the entire world knowing she died over a friggin' Xbox?

A story so tragic that happened for such a dumb reason that is out there for everyone to read is going to end up becoming a mockery to those not directly involved 100 times out of 100.

Rain Man 04-08-2009 11:23 AM

Hootie! Run! They're swarming us! The caring and empathetic parents are swarming us! And they hold the moral high ground!

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)

(Footstep running)