ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft I'll come out and say it: this was a good draft. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=206766)

Mecca 04-26-2009 09:56 PM

He can't hit me with that because I liked Matt Ryan...

Crush 04-26-2009 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5717449)
How did Flacco turn out?

Pretty good, considering he recorded Rock Me Amadeus.

xbarretx 04-26-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crush (Post 5717457)
Pretty good, considering he recorded Rock Me Amadeus.

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wdr.de/radio/wdr2/_m/imag...us_mdr_160.jpg

Direckshun 04-26-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5717449)
I'll give you that, because I thought he was gonna bust for sure. How did Flacco turn out?

Pretty damn good. I'm not shy about atoning for shit like some of the other draftniks around here who believe their reputations depend on the myth of infallibility.

I can understand that to a certain degree, because nobody cares when you get stuff right, and draft opinions are inherently "gotcha!"-inviting. I mean, I was right about a bunch of shit that everybody else was wrong about, too, but nobody gives a shit about that. They want to peg me for the many things I get wrong rather than the many things I get right.

That's the necessary evil, and I embrace it rather than shirk it.

I hated our first day last year, other than Dorsey. I loved our second day.

I really like this draft this year. We'll see if I'm remotely correct.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717453)
He can't hit me with that because I liked Matt Ryan...

This is pretty much what I'm talking about.

SBK 04-26-2009 10:01 PM

I like our draft. I don't know a ton about the folks we drafted, but this draft has a very different feel to it than any I remember under Carl.

I would have rather drafted Sanchez and taken Maualuga or someone different at 2, but I don't see much sense in complaining about it now. Our GM has really hitched his train to Cassel, I'd imagine he knew that before he traded for him.

My guess is a few years from now people will look back at this draft as a very important one that got us several key building blocks.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-26-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5717474)
Pretty damn good. I'm not shy about atoning for shit like some of the other draftniks around here who believe their reputations depend on the myth of infallibility.

I can understand that to a certain degree, because nobody cares when you get stuff right, and draft opinions are inherently "gotcha!"-inviting. I mean, I was right about a bunch of shit that everybody else was wrong about, too, but nobody gives a shit about that. They want to peg me for the many things I get wrong rather than the many things I get right.

That's the necessary evil, and I embrace it rather than shirk it.

I hated our first day last year, other than Dorsey. I loved our second day.

I really like this draft this year. We'll see if I'm remotely correct.

Well, I wasn't impressed, but I also concede that I really don't know shit. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. All I do know, is who do you take at 3 if not Jackson? If the thought process is you're gonna put Dorsey in the middle BJ Raji has no value there. Who do you go with? I wasn't happy at the time, but in hindsight, if they're hell bent on going 3-4 it was the most logical pick. It beat Curry IMO.

DaneMcCloud 04-26-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5717220)
Good first draft by Pioli.

Confirmation that this draft will suck

:D

Direckshun 04-26-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5717494)
Well, I wasn't impressed, but I also concede that I really don't know shit. I hope you're right and I'm wrong. All I do know, is who do you take at 3 if not Jackson? If the thought process is you're gonna put Dorsey in the middle BJ Raji has no value there. Who do you go with? I wasn't happy at the time, but in hindsight, if they're hell bent on going 3-4 it was the most logical pick. It beat Curry IMO.

In my opinion, I wanted Raji. Jackson was the second or third player I wanted after him, if we couldn't trade down.

I never believed Dorsey fit the 3-4, unless we stuck with a hybrid version or go occasionally with pure rush packages like the Cards did with Dockett. Dorsey cannot be our full-time NT. Raji has all the tools, however generic it is to say that.

For me, from the Pioli point of view it was Raji vs. Jackson. It's possible he liked Raji more, but considering we've already spent high picks on DT (Tank, Dorsey), he figured he might give them a shot and opt for Jackson since we really only have one player that made any sense as a 3-4 DE (McBride).

I'd been rooting for Raji for months.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-26-2009 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5717503)
In my opinion, I wanted Raji. Jackson was the second or third player I wanted after him, if we couldn't trade down.

I never believed Dorsey fit the 3-4, unless we stuck with a hybrid version or go occasionally with pure rush packages like the Cards did with Dockett. Dorsey cannot be our full-time NT. Raji has all the tools, however generic it is to say that.

For me, from the Pioli point of view it was Raji vs. Jackson. It's possible he liked Raji more, but considering we've already spent high picks on DT (Tank, Dorsey), he figured he might give them a shot and opt for Jackson since we really only have one player that made any sense as a 3-4 DE (McBride).

I'd been rooting for Raji for months.

I'm not saying he wouldn't have been the best pick, but I would be pretty upset if this new regime just came in and abandoned Glenn Dorsey. If that turns out to be another waste of a top 5 DT I am going to burn somebody's house down.

Mecca 04-26-2009 10:13 PM

I think the Chiefs offseason in 4 years will be looked back on with a vile feeling.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 5717512)
I'm not saying he wouldn't have been the best pick, but I would be pretty upset if this new regime just came in and abandoned Glenn Dorsey. If that turns out to be another waste of a top 5 DT I am going to burn somebody's house down.

That's fair.

Direckshun 04-26-2009 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5717523)
I think the Chiefs offseason in 4 years will be looked back on with a vile feeling.

I don't know where you find the courage.

MiKa1386 04-26-2009 10:17 PM

No this was a terrible draft, nuff said

Mr. Flopnuts 04-26-2009 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 5717535)
That's fair.

LMAO I'm assuming you're talking about the part where I burn somebody's house down.