ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Dane Cook: The Shite-Parade Marches On. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=207806)

Mecca 05-19-2009 12:03 AM

Dane Cooks popularity has alot to do with his ability to completely control the room mixed with being extremely polarizing.

Not to mention his style alone will appeal to frat guys and any male under 20 and his look appeals to women, so that right away is a huge demo.

He's an extremely smart guy when you take all of what he does into account.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2009 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5776110)
Because I can watch and listen to bad things to judge them. Case in point: the Kansas City Chiefs of recent vintage.

As to the second point, I disagree with you so much as to make the sentences you type repulsive to me at this moment.

Every joke that Menica tells is: *insert racial stereotype here* "Oooooooh! Was that shocking? Did I offend you?" Nothing intellectual at all about his race humor. And he doesn't have Cook's delivery to help it go down smooth. They're both garbage comics, though.

If you call "delivery" being dragged behind a carriage for four miles only to reach a conclusion that makes you want to kill the driver and his horses "great pacing", then you need's a new stop watch.

WHAT IS "intellectual race humor"? Please, elaborate!

Reaper16 05-19-2009 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5776121)

WHAT IS "intellectual race humor"? Please, elaborate!

Compare Chappelle's Show to Mencia's act. Dave Chappelle was a brilliant artist. While much of Dave's humor is about race, it is about it in a way that is deep on multiple levels. There was always an intellectual depth underneath Dave's stuff. I feel like I am typing "the sky appears blue," by the way, because this is so obvious to me.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2009 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5776120)
Dane Cooks popularity has alot to do with his ability to completely control the room mixed with being extremely polarizing.

Not to mention his style alone will appeal to frat guys and any male under 20 and his look appeals to women, so that right away is a huge demo.

He's an extremely smart guy when you take all of what he does into account.

WHAT THE **** IS "POLARIZING" ABOUT SHIT MATERIAL?!?!?
CARLIN, was polarizing!
Micheal Moore, is polarizing!

Dane Cook is a ****ing nancy boy who doesn't even pander to the lowest common denominator because he IS the lowest common denominator!

But I'll agree with you that his audience is comprised of douchebags named "Vinny" trying to get in to their dates pants.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2009 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5776122)
Compare Chappelle's Show to Mencia's act. Dave Chappelle was a brilliant artist. While much of Dave's humor is about race, it is about it in a way that is deep on multiple levels. There was always an intellectual depth underneath Dave's stuff. I feel like I am typing "the sky appears blue," by the way, because this is so obvious to me.

Okay, I'll buy that. Now pipe down; I gotta' watch Priest Holmes kill some n00bs!:cuss:

J Diddy 05-19-2009 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 5776112)
You know he got cut by the Lions, right?

Yep, I also know priest holmes was an undrafted free agent.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 5776147)
Yep, I also know priest holmes was an undrafted free agent.

Priest was the only "shining light" for me in the Vermeil era. He's the kind of guy you wish you could clone and growth-accelerate.

A class act that could perform, entertain, and win. We need more of those.

Mecca 05-19-2009 12:55 AM

The reaction you're giving him is what makes him polarizing whether you love him or hate him you have a passionate opinion.

That is far better than no one caring about you.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2009 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5776151)
The reaction you're giving him is what makes him polarizing whether you love him or hate him you have a passionate opinion.

That is far better than no one caring about you.

Or, has the wide-spread criticism hit his ego, and now he's becoming defensive?

J Diddy 05-19-2009 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raised On Riots (Post 5776150)
Priest was the only "shining light" for me in the Vermeil era. He's the kind of guy you wish you could clone and growth-accelerate.

A class act that could perform, entertain, and win. We need more of those.

I dunno, waters did good, LJ did good, jared allen did good

kcxiv 05-19-2009 02:14 AM

Bottom line, like him or hate him, he's making alot of money. Kudos to him. Make your cash.

MoreLemonPledge 05-19-2009 05:04 AM

Dane Cook makes fun of mentally challenged people and I'm not mentally challenged! I think that's hilarious!

CoMoChief 05-19-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5773831)
I watched his thing on comedy central....

I thought his bit about people who hate him was pretty good.

Dane Cook's a loser. Never have I laughed at anything he's ever done.

Same with Carlos Mencia.