ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Poop MGE Sucks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=218311)

Old Dog 11-17-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270159)
Well, this is why I said in my post they are primarily to blame.

I don't see how they are at fault in any way, shape, or form, let alone "primarily".

Old Dog 11-17-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270270)
Well, why didn't you update the email address to a working one? That's your responsibility, not theirs.

And, they DID send you a notice regarding the change. You chose to throw it away without reading it.

but it's a whole lot easier to blame someone else.....Silly Donger

Big Dog 11-17-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nixhex (Post 6270265)
I find it odd they don't send a notice in the regular mail to someone they know isn't getting their email bill. It could be so they can charge all those fees. That would be bullshit if true.

Bottom line is you need to change how you pay your bills if you aren't noticing one as regular as the gas bill missing for months.

Fair enough, I obviously need to put more attention to this, or change my system so things like today wont happen.

But really, I am wondering if someone was passing cool-aid around.

1. Big Dog pays bills regularly for 11 years
2. Company changes billing practices and KNOWS Big Dog is not receiving bills, and KNOWS Big Dog has not paid a bill since their change.
3. Finally they send a notice to Big Dog via the method that has worked for 11 years.
4. Big Dog pays promptly (payment received in office 5 days after receiving bill)
5. Company still discontinues Big Dog's service.

And this is somehow Big Dog's fault?

ct 11-17-2009 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270060)
No offense, but if you signed up for e-bills and gave them an email addy that you don't check, how is it not your fault?

um...this

Donger 11-17-2009 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270317)
And this is somehow Big Dog's fault?

Yes. They were sending you a bill. You signed up for e-billing and gave them an address to send the bill. It's not their fault that you weren't receiving them, nor was it their fault that you didn't read their notice.

They're a gas company not an IT shop.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:14 PM

Well, let's add a little insult to injury. MGE service rep just showed up and turned my gas back on. I profusely thanked him for squeezing me in on his packed schedule (or so I was led to believe). He looked at me quizzically and suggested it really wasn't that packed, and upon leaving let me know he was 'just about done for the day'.

5 years ago (or thereabouts) while trying to view my MGE bill online I agreed that they could send me an e-bill and a regular bill concurrently. With a slip of paper positioned with all the trash mail sent by MGE I was (supposedly) notified that the email address I had given them years ago would now be the solitary billing mechanism. I was not called, or contacted otherwise about this change, even when they knew I was not receiving the emails they did nothing. For those of you who truly believe this is even a majority of my responsibility I have one word for you.

Mooooooooo

Donger 11-17-2009 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Dog (Post 6270481)
Well, let's add a little insult to injury. MGE service rep just showed up and turned my gas back on. I profusely thanked him for squeezing me in on his packed schedule (or so I was led to believe). He looked at me quizzically and suggested it really wasn't that packed, and upon leaving let me know he was 'just about done for the day'.

5 years ago (or thereabouts) while trying to view my MGE bill online I agreed that they could send me an e-bill and a regular bill concurrently. With a slip of paper positioned with all the trash mail sent by MGE I was (supposedly) notified that the email address I had given them years ago would now be the solitary billing mechanism. I was not called, or contacted otherwise about this change, even when they knew I was not receiving the emails they did nothing. For those of you who truly believe this is even a majority of my responsibility I have one word for you.

Mooooooooo

You stated that they showed bounced email delivery on June 4th and 5th. Did they attempt to send you emails to the address you gave them in July, or did they simply not send the bill after the failure in June?

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270495)
You stated that they showed bounced email delivery on June 4th and 5th. Did they attempt to send you emails to the address you gave them in July, or did they simply not send the bill after the failure in June?

They either never sent a bill, or continued to send it to the bad email address, I don't know which. The only time they attempted to use my mailing address after that was with a final cutoff warning bill, which I paid promptly.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donger (Post 6270495)

I was unaware of all of this until today...they now have the correct email address, one I have been using for over 4 years now. The other was cancelled when I switched away from cable as my internet provider.

I should clarify, the other email has been bad for at least 4 years. (probably more, I am not certain of the exact date)

Donger 11-17-2009 02:30 PM

Well, the onus was upon you to give them a correct email address. Honestly, I'm surprised that it took them that long to proactively contact you.

Demonpenz 11-17-2009 02:40 PM

did the collecter say "IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BOG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH?" Cause I love big dog t shirts

TrebMaxx 11-17-2009 02:41 PM

Ultimately it is your fault albeit a circumstance that could have been prevented by either party. Yes, MGE could have simply called you and asked for an current email address since the one they had on record was no longer working. You could have updated your email with parties that you actually do business with before this happened and this could have been prevented as well. I also would recommend browsing through all correspondence you receive from any party you do business with. Here is a example I just ran across that could have cost me. My credit card company recently changed hands and they have sent new cards, notices etc. No problem, they didn't change any of the terms I had previously. I get our first statement and nothing looks any different than it did before. I file it in my bills to be paid. I then look at all the crap that they always send, you know the clock radio for 19.99 type of stuff and stuck in between all these other BS ad things was a notice to send this payment to a different place than before. I pull the statement out and look at the address that is on the statement, you know the part you tear off and send back to them that shows through the little window of the provided envelope. It had the old address still on there. Glad I caught that. I can just see the late fees, increase of interest rate, etc. Kind of pissed me of. But it would have been my fault. Don't expect others to be responsible for what you owe, they don't give a shit unless you don't pay.

MOhillbilly 11-17-2009 02:42 PM

quit bein a bitch about it and put your man pants on 'big dog'. JFC.

Big Dog 11-17-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 6270590)
I pull the statement out and look at the address that is on the statement, you know the part you tear off and send back to them that shows through the little window of the provided envelope. It had the old address still on there. Glad I caught that. I can just see the late fees, increase of interest rate, etc. Kind of pissed me of. But it would have been my fault. Don't expect others to be responsible for what you owe, they don't give a shit unless you don't pay.

Another order of kool-aid please. You really think this is YOUR responsibility? When a company purposely preys on basic human behavior in order to unethically charge you outrageous fees?

I can understand opinions like, 'even though they are unethical cheating bastards it's hard for the little guy to win', or 'they do this because they have lawyers and lobbyists who find a way to make wrong things legal'...but when we all start lining up and suggesting that this is 'ok' or 'acceptable' business practice, and that it really is the consumer's responsibility...well, mooooooooooo

kstater 11-17-2009 02:50 PM

So to summarize:

You haven't paid your bill since July.
You got a statement saying the billing method would change to e-mail.
You signed up with said email 5 years ago.
You haven't paid your bill since July.

And this is the gas companies fault?