ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Anybody jacked up to see....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223033)

Chiefshrink 02-07-2010 02:59 PM

[QUOTE=the Talking Can;6512510]not really....if i want to listen to embalmed music i'll turn on one of the 10000000000000000000000 classic rock stations...

How true:clap::clap::clap:

Chiefshrink 02-07-2010 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie (Post 6512498)
I think he confused "sexual assault" with "wardrobe malfunction," it's quite common.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it was a 'malfunction':rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stewie 02-07-2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sportsshrink (Post 6512532)
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah it was a 'malfunction':rolleyes::rolleyes:

It certainly wasn't sexual assault. Whether it was planned or not doesn't matter. If it was planned it only played out in the days after with slow motion and still pics. It was just a boob.

chiefs1111 02-07-2010 03:15 PM

i haven't watched a half time show in a long time,I really can't stand them.

WilliamTheIrish 02-07-2010 03:19 PM

Goddam sportsdink. I could write a dissertation on how big of a clueless dolt you are, but that would take the spotlight off what a blue ribbon, incognizant nipple biter that this board sees. Can't have that.

I saw The Who when they were great in the late 70's at Kemper. Daltry was incredible, screaming and dancing. Incredible show. But the guys are old now and I wish the NFL would stop letting Ralph Wilson pick the band for halftime.

kstater 02-07-2010 03:22 PM

Looking at the rehearsals, it's going to suck. Doing a medley.

Sully 02-07-2010 03:22 PM

I actually am excited to see the show.

Goldmember 02-07-2010 03:37 PM

List of Super Bowl Halftime Shows
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...halftime_shows

1971 Southeast Missouri State Band...best halftime show eva

LMAO

JD10367 02-07-2010 04:07 PM

The Stones did a good job a few years back.

Frankly, though, for the Pats/Rams SB, the post-9/11 performance of U2 with the names of the victims pretty much put an "/endthread" to the SB halftime performances.

Titty Meat 02-07-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 6512572)
Goddam sportsdink. I could write a dissertation on how big of a clueless dolt you are, but that would take the spotlight off what a blue ribbon, incognizant nipple biter that this board sees. Can't have that.

I saw The Who when they were great in the late 70's at Kemper. Daltry was incredible, screaming and dancing. Incredible show. But the guys are old now and I wish the NFL would stop letting Ralph Wilson pick the band for halftime.

You're olllllllllld.

Chiefburger 02-07-2010 04:14 PM

So excited I just might have to tape the Puppy Bowl. The Who is in my top 5 and, like Springsteen, is renowned for its live shows. I saw them most recently on Oct. 2008 and Daltrey could still belt them. Townshend looked like shit but could still windmill fine.

I, like many prop betters, love trying to predict which 3-4 songs these legends decide to play. My guess: Baba O'Riley, Magic Bus, My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again. Who Are You misses the cut to the shock of many.

JD10367 02-07-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 6512713)
So excited I just might have to tape the Puppy Bowl.

They loop the Puppy Bowl all day. They already finished showing it once.

Quote:

I, like many prop betters, love trying to predict which 3-4 songs these legends decide to play. My guess: Baba O'Riley, Magic Bus, My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again. Who Are You misses the cut to the shock of many.
I think they start with "My Generation", or at least part of it, then do a little "Pinball Wizard" and "Won't Get Fooled Again".

siberian khatru 02-07-2010 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefburger (Post 6512713)

SPOILER:

http://www.billboard.com/news#/event...04061611.story

The Who's Pete Townshend, in an exclusive interview with Billboard, has revealed that the band's upcoming Super Bowl halftime performance will feature a "compact medley" of their signature classic-rock anthems.

"We're kinda doing a mashup of stuff," the guitarist tells Billboard. "A bit of 'Baba O'Riley,' a bit of 'Pinball Wizard,' a bit of the close of 'Tommy,' a bit of 'Who Are You,' and a bit of 'Won't Get Fooled Again.' It works -- it's quite a saga. A lot of the stuff that we do has that kind of celebratory vibe about it -- we've always tried to make music that allows the audience to go a bit wild if they want to. Hopefully it will hit the spot."

WilliamTheIrish 02-07-2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 6512711)
You're olllllllllld.

Not yet. But I'm getting there.

KCinNY 02-07-2010 04:57 PM

All the super long halftime garbage and the overhyped commercials are why the Super Bowl drives me nuts.

For the true football fan, conference championship Sunday is much better. Four outstanding teams, two games, no bull**it.