ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs WTH? Another player thinks Todd Haley is a great coach & a great guy? Not an a-hole? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=223421)

Mr. Flopnuts 02-14-2010 07:00 PM

LMAO LMAO LMAO

Mr. Flopnuts 02-14-2010 07:00 PM

God damn that was quick.

chiefzilla1501 02-14-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 6532076)
I think bringing in Weis and Crennel are going to pay HUGE dividends ! Pendergast was incompetent and having Weis there as a go between Haley and the players is Good.

They're both major upgrades. That's for sure.

Crennel will be a major upgrade over Pendergast. I'm still torn as to whether his defense is a bit outdated, though. I hope not--I do think the Pats were a little more creative in the way they brought heat in the Crennel years. But there are a lot of camps that think that using your linemen as blocker-absorbers instead of threats to attack the quarterback is a little outdated.

We'll see. I'm hoping for the best.

Fish 02-14-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penchief (Post 6532248)
I think the difference being that all the ones that praise Haley talk about how he made them better. How he pushed them to be better. I take that as a good sign.

Sure, Herm was liked but in a different way. He was one of the boys. Losing was okay. Making stupid mistakes was okay. We'll get 'em next time.

I think it's rather encouraging when I hear guys like Fitzgerald and Austin praise Haley while hearing that guys like Owens didn't like him.

Losing was okay with Herm? Making mistakes was okay? That's rather preposterous....

LaChapelle 02-14-2010 07:38 PM

As long as he doesn't rock a sweater vest anytime soon(Booring)
he's got my support

KcFanInGA 02-14-2010 07:41 PM

Haley supporter right here. I like his passion. I'll give him another season before I hand down my judgement.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 02-14-2010 08:00 PM

Put me in the Haley camp. I loved the way he worked the sideline at the Chiefs/Redskins game (I was sitting 14 rows back and could see the bench pretty damn clear.) He might chew some butt for a bone-headed play, but he was the first guy over when a player made a great play to congratulate them, esp. if they'd had words earlier.

Did he make rookie HC mistakes. Sure. But, mostly they were aggressive mistakes and I'd rather see that than Herm's "what's going on here" look we were treated too way too many times over his tenure.

Fish 02-14-2010 08:11 PM

It's like this thread was created 1 year ago directly after the Haley hire...... the Denver win in the last week erased an entire season's worth of ineptitude in the minds of some....

DeezNutz 02-14-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 6532569)
It's like this thread was created 1 year ago directly after the Haley hire...... the Denver win in the last week erased an entire season's worth of ineptitude in the minds of some....

He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

OnTheWarpath15 02-14-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6532579)
He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. He has to be better than Herm. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Just like Pendergast had to be better than Gunther.

milkman 02-14-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6532729)
Just like Pendergast had to be better than Gunther.

Haley did some pretty stupid things last year, some things you'd hope even a dumbass fanboy wouldn't consider doing.

We have to hope that he learns, but there's no gaurantee that he will.

Unfortunately, we just have to ride it out.

OnTheWarpath15 02-14-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6532741)
Haley did some pretty stupid things last year, some things you'd hope even a dumbass fanboy wouldn't consider doing.

Goals for 2010:

4th and 6 from your own 31. And throw to a gunner or the up-man, and not the long snapper.

It's a process.

Reerun_KC 02-14-2010 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6532579)

You know what? I agree with you here.... A ****ing drunk monkey on a 10 day bender, masturbating with a cheese grater is better...

Good Call.. Props!

Reerun_KC 02-14-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 6532741)

Wierd and Payton does an onside kick in the superbowl! Strange? You never know what that damn Parcells bunch is going to do..

I sure would hate to win a superbowl and kick an onside kick to open the second half with this fanbase...

**** the brutality outlash...

DeezNutz 02-14-2010 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 6532760)
You know what? I agree with you here.... A ****ing drunk monkey on a 10 day bender, masturbating with a cheese grater is better...

Good Call.. Props!

Then maybe we should dump Haley and look for that monkey.

The latter sounds promising.