ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Teicher: Pioli wants Chiefs’ signings to send a message to the team... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=225337)

jspchief 03-23-2010 07:58 AM

I'm sorry, but I'd prefer signings were used to improve the team rather than "send a message".

In fact, a much better way to send that message would be something along the lines of "Mike Brown, you have been horrible on gameday, get the F off my team".

OnTheWarpath15 03-23-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 6626527)
I'm sorry, but I'd prefer signings were used to improve the team rather than "send a message".

In fact, a much better way to send that message would be something along the lines of "Mike Brown, you have been horrible on gameday, get the F off my team".

:clap:

Marcellus 03-23-2010 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 6626449)
So, to recap:

Pat Kirwan, Tim Ryan, Randy Cross, Soloman Wilcots, The New York Daily News, The New York Post and Newsday all reported that the Jets were given an opportunity to match the offer made by KC and declined.

Adam Teicher says the Jets wanted him back.

Damn, this one is hard to figure out. Was it Professor Plum in the Library with the candlestick?

So they go sign LT? That makes a lot of sense to me. Go from a 1400 yard back to a 500 yard back.

I am sure they are they much happier to have LT than Jones.:rolleyes:

DBOSHO 03-23-2010 08:32 AM

Man i hope to jesus that we can draft berry and cassel gets better. Idk if i can sit though another kc game with "touchdown" mike brown in the secondary. **** that shit.

Frosty 03-23-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 6626527)

I don't see Mike Brown on the roster. Is there any talk of of re-signing him?

Ralphy Boy 03-23-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 6626482)
They need more signings then that to impress me.

Chiefs need a major overhaul. We've just begun IMO.

I was just thinking about how, based on creating competition, they need to draft another DE to compete with TJ's suck.

If they really want to create competition, they could have kicked the tires on Dwan Edwards or Cory Redding. They wouldn't even have to say that either would replace TJ, it could be that they'd just be depth or replace Dorsey, who wasn't their pick so they wouldn't be admitting the failure of a rookie season that TJ had.

jspchief 03-23-2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 6626579)

No.

My point was, we just endured an entire season of seeing certain players play horrible week in and week out. The team was terrible, so there was little reason to not start "sending messages" by putting other guys on the field.

If there is any sense of entitlement on this team, it was fostered by the lack of roster moves in several positions last year. The entire "sending a meesage through off-season moves" idea may just be a fabricated way to dress up a "Chiefs try to get better " article, but the notion that it's a good way to scare players into being better strikes me as absurd.

mcaj22 03-23-2010 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 6626563)
So they go sign LT? That makes a lot of sense to me. Go from a 1400 yard back to a 500 yard back.

I am sure they are they much happier to have LT than Jones.:rolleyes:

LT is a name. Like TO or Moss. He maybe up there in age but he still is a face that gets some attention. Jets fans will buy his jersey in the same way they did Favre. He is a better name than Thomas Jones regardless of who performs better. LT will put people in the seats. It was a good move for the Jets and at the same time a great move for us with Jones because he is a player we need.

I agree with others that the logic of this article is silly, because if nobody's job is safe then why does the 60 million dollar QB get a free pass but the only player that actually performed last year on offense in JC doesn't? You might as well draft a CB in the first round and give Brandon Flowers some competition too with that logic.

Brock 03-23-2010 09:02 AM

Why do people keep bringing up Lawrence Taylor? He's been retired for a long, long time.

DeezNutz 03-23-2010 09:03 AM

Sweet! First sentence: "change the...culture." Yes!

Empty ****ing rhetoric, FTMFW.

chiefscafan 03-23-2010 09:56 AM

Ok for the people quoting Sirius NFL radio and the NFL network you need to tell the whole story. Yes the jets had a chance to match the offer and they declined. However you fail to mention that every source I previously mentioned said we can't figure out why they wouldn't.

Also when LT was signed these same sources were like why would you decline the chance to resign jones to sign LT maybe the jets see something we don't but the chiefs I think got the better of the deal.

On a personal note I live in CA and the only time I see the chiefs is the SD game. I've watched the last five and while LT was amazing the first two, when he wasn't injured, has looked a step slower every year. He'll be running behind a great line so maybe he will look good but he doesn't have the burst he use to. Jones is the better signing plus jones seems to run better when he is pissed off at his previous team. Example TB after beening told he sucked with zona and the Jets after being let go by Chicago. Also all u need to know what kind of teamate and locker room person he was by the jets publicly thanking him for 3 years of service. Believe me guys these are the kind of signings pioli is famous for. Have faith in him guys HErm and Carl left a big mess that pioli and Hailey are almost done cleaning up. Mark my words we are a powerhouse team again in a little less than two years. Good times are ahead.

FD 03-23-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6626188)
Pioli said he has no concrete examples of Chiefs players feeling the same sense of entitlement but has no doubt it’s there.

Ahem, Brian Waters.

FD 03-23-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaWolf (Post 6626188)
“I can’t tell you whether Jamaal will play more or Thomas Jones will play more,” Pioli said. “The roles will figure themselves out. The best players will play.

Like LJ playing over Charles?

DaneMcCloud 03-23-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forward Dante (Post 6626939)
Like LJ playing over Charles?

Or Goff over ANYONE

Or Vrabel over Studebaker

Or game planning the offense around Lance Long

Or benching and cutting Mark Bradley in favor of Lance Long

Or bitching out Dwayne Bowe early and often, thus ****ing with his confidence

Or Niswanger versus a corpse

Or Mike Brown versus a corpse

See, there's no history there!

rtmike 03-23-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arc (Post 6626579)

I read that he's an unrestricted fa & still unsigned.

Could this mean we're going after a quality safety in the draft? Who knows...

But by not signing him & the other two practice squad players, that leaves only Morgan, McGraw & Page.