ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Would you support drafting McClain? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=226739)

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686118)
The following moves would piss me off:

McClain
Tackle
Bryant

The following move would make me a sad panda, but resigned to sadness and not anger:

Williams

I would be ecstatic with the following picks:

Berry
Clausen

I would be asi-asi on these picks:

Haden
Weatherspoon

I just assume they're not touching Dez Bryant. If they do, Pioli should be fired immediately. Right 53 my ass if they take Bryant.

Sofa King 04-19-2010 12:03 PM

****ing didn't read the 2nd option close enough...

basically, i'm ok with him, but it better be mid first with a nice set of picks from someone who wanted to trade up badly...

The Franchise 04-19-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686118)
The following moves would piss me off:

McClain
Tackle
Bryant

The following move would make me a sad panda, but resigned to sadness and not anger:

Williams

I would be ecstatic with the following picks:

Berry
Clausen

I would be asi-asi on these picks:

Haden
Weatherspoon

Ecstatic:

Clausen
Berry

Mad...but I can deal with it:

Haden

Meh:

Williams
Graham

Full on pissed:

McClain
Any offensive lineman

dirk digler 04-19-2010 12:04 PM

I am pretty much dead set on Berry or Clausen and will be disappointed if they are both there and we pass on both of them.

I would add to this poll if the Chiefs did trade down to say 15th or so and he was there I would be meh about it but not mad as long as we got an extra 2nd round pick out of it.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 12:04 PM

I'd rather draft Bryan ****ing Bulaga than Dez Bryant. I can't stress enough how much of a piece of shit I think that guy is.

There's not much this team could do to make me abandon them. Draft Dez Bryant and Colt McCoy and I'm ****ing there.

Sure-Oz 04-19-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 6686131)
I'd rather draft Bryan ****ing Bulaga than Dez Bryant. I can't stress enough how much of a piece of shit I think that guy is.

There's not much this team could do to make me abandon them. Draft Dez Bryant and Colt McCoy and I'm ****ing there.

Why is Dez such a pos? I know he got suspended for hangin with Prime Time

philfree 04-19-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 6686071)
If the Chiefs pass on Berry and Clausen, do you find that selection defensible if the Chiefs draft McClain at #5, or trade down to #7 to make that pick, perhaps acquiring a third in the process?

I'd rather have Brandon Graham and a 3rd.

PhilFree:arrow:

Rain Man 04-19-2010 12:05 PM

Where would y'all put Spiller on your list?

The Bad Guy 04-19-2010 12:07 PM

Spiller would cause me to be annoyed as well.

Rain Man 04-19-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 6686138)
Spiller would cause me to be annoyed as well.

Why? Because we don't have a need at HB or because you don't like Spiller?

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 6686134)
Why is Dez such a pos? I know he got suspended for hangin with Prime Time

He's lazy, and everything I've read and heard about him indicates he'll not only be a T.O like diva, but he probably won't have 1/2 the work ethic as T.O. When this guy gets paid, he's going to self destruct. I'm confident of it.

Mr. Flopnuts 04-19-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 6686136)
Where would y'all put Spiller on your list?

I'd put him with the players that are a luxury we cannot afford right now.

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-19-2010 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 6686124)
I'd be pissed that they didn't trade down into the teens and take 'Spoon instead or hope that McClain fell.

But ultimately significantly less pissed than if they took Williams or Bulaga.

I'd give it a C-; we could've done a hell of a lot worse (Tyson Jackson), but we damn sure could have done better.

Yeah, Weatherspoon is the best LB in this class, IMO, and I'd rather have him than McClain in any defense. That said, I just don't know if I trust Pioli enough to make the non-reeruned decision here.

Rain Man 04-19-2010 12:11 PM

If the goal of a top-five pick is to get an elite playmaker, though, I think Spiller fits that definition. We get a breather back for Charles and we solve our kick return problems and maybe (I have no idea what I'm talking about) he comes in as a slot or fourth receiver.

I tell you, I'm warming to the concept. Get us a playmaker if you don't think we can get a franchise quarterback.

And catching out of the backfield is another way to minimize pressure on the o-line, so Spiller kind of addresses the line issue as well.

Reaper16 04-19-2010 12:13 PM

At #5 (or #7 for that matter):
Ecstatic:
Clausen
Berry

Not my preference but I can at least justify the selection:
Spiller
Haden

Really angry at reaching for a player who can still be effective but, c'mon, the value is terrible:
Cody (Williams would be here too but I don't think he'll be effective in a Fairbanks-Bullough 3-4)
Witherspoon
McClain
Thomas
Graham

Filled with rage to the point of murder:
Any OT.