ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Mortal Kombat 7 min Short (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=229260)

salame 06-10-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 6812810)
Another question would be is if Goro will be depicted in this movie, since he's Shang Tsung's top fighter

in the interview he kind of made it sound like he wants it to be more realistic

Buck 06-10-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salame (Post 6812833)
in the interview he kind of made it sound like he wants it to be more realistic

Yeah, I noticed that in the preview or whatever that was. I wonder if it he's going to be 100% to the MK Universe. If not, I think he can pull off some kind of Goro like creature.

Buck 06-10-2010 08:04 PM

Nice Flop by Kobe

edit: Wrong thread.

By the way, they could make Goro like some kind of Abomination made by a mad scientist or something.

Tribal Warfare 06-10-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6813057)
Yeah, I noticed that in the preview or whatever that was. I wonder if it he's going to be 100% to the MK Universe. If not, I think he can pull off some kind of Goro like creature.

from the article

Says he wants to make a movie that balances the real world with the mysticism and the special powers. Compares it to the way Harry Potter exists in two worlds. As in there are two universes that coexist with each other.

Red Brooklyn 06-11-2010 08:55 AM

It'll be interesting to see if Raiden OR Rayden is in this movie. I always liked Raiden. Lambert didn't do the character justice.

ToxSocks 06-11-2010 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6813058)
Nice Flop by Kobe

edit: Wrong thread.

By the way, they could make Goro like some kind of Abomination made by a mad scientist or something.

That's what I'd imagine. Some sort of mutant creature or something. I like the take he took with Reptile, that was pretty cool.

But how would you explain Sub Zero?

ToxSocks 06-11-2010 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6814008)
It'll be interesting to see if Raiden OR Rayden is in this movie. I always liked Raiden. Lambert didn't do the character justice.

Would Raiden be an actual God? How would he pull that one off?

Red Brooklyn 06-11-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6814365)

Great question. I have no idea. But I'd be interested to see how they handled the character. I'm guessing he wouldn't be a god. Maybe an illusionist/sorcorer/warlock? His control of electricity being similiar to that of Tesla.

I really don't know. But it be cool if they could figure out a way to get him in there.

Mr. Laz 06-11-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 6814365)

they can always fine some way to make it work

he's a god but who is bound by the god laws so when he is done on the human plane he is vulnerable and has his god powers severally nerfed

blah,blah,blah

Valiant 06-11-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Brooklyn (Post 6814430)
Great question. I have no idea. But I'd be interested to see how they handled the character. I'm guessing he wouldn't be a god. Maybe an illusionist/sorcorer/warlock? His control of electricity being similiar to that of Tesla.

I really don't know. But it be cool if they could figure out a way to get him in there.

Crazy psychotic ****er who thinks he is a god and just happens to be able to shoot lighting out of him from all of the shock treatments he got..

BWillie 06-11-2010 07:05 PM

Is Lui Kang dead?

Tribal Warfare 06-11-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 6815569)
Is Lui Kang dead?

No, the director decided to leave Lui Kang out because he said his story has already been told. Kind of like rebooting X-Men and not centering it around Wolverine.

Red Brooklyn 06-12-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6815451)
Crazy psychotic ****er who thinks he is a god and just happens to be able to shoot lighting out of him from all of the shock treatments he got..

I like it.