ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc California surfer films great white sharks circling his board (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=231959)

|Zach| 08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 6932033)
Agreed. Nice and crisp image.

And the sound. Wow.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6932064)
God, I hope never. The bull sharks that live in the gulf have adapted to the waters of the Mississippi, where they're occasionally found hundreds of miles inland.

They're brutal ****ers.

On one shark week episode they said that Bulls have been spotted over a 1000 miles up river in the Mississippi and they can be found almost anywhere in the Amazon.

That is some scary shit.

notorious 08-13-2010 11:59 AM

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...01_800x542.jpg

CoMoChief 08-13-2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6932064)
God, I hope never. The bull sharks that live in the gulf have adapted to the waters of the Mississippi, where they're occasionally found hundreds of miles inland.

They're brutal ****ers.

Now bullsharks are a different story.....those ****ers attack anything.

I heard they found one all they way up the MS river into STL area.

I saw on Shark week that Bullsharks have some membrane/glands that produces enough salt nutrients to keep the shark alive while swimming in fresh water, thats why you see them around fresh water river mouth areas, and some can go really far inland once they're adapted to the water.

Param 08-13-2010 12:32 PM

I've caught a bullshark with some friends off a pier one time. Pulled him up out of the water and threw him on the pier. Eventually got the hook out of his mouth. I remember feeling it's fin and rear tail and skin. What amazed me about the bullshark is their skin is like armor. Then 3 of us picked him up, heavy as ****, and eventually and tossed his ass back into the water 30 ft below.

MOhillbilly 08-13-2010 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6932052)
Do you noodle?

What am I asking, you probably noodle for Great Whites and get pissed when you only pull out 6-7 footers.

dont like to noodle. Not saying i wont. But i do other things on the river at night thatd make mens skin crawl.

Missouri has some of the largest fresh water crayfish in the US. Aint nothin better than a bottle, snorkel,headlamp, and mesh bag, hand catching foot long crawdads. And i fear no snake,turtle,stickpile or slough when it comes to froggin and crawdadin.
If its in there im bulldoggin it.
A few times ive gone off the front of the boat only to see a 5ft cotton mouth right next to the frog. And many a times ive tied off and sunk myself into holes to catch them big big crawdads.

walked up out of a slough with my dad once right into a HUGH ball of cotton mouths. Hundreds of em, gave my pops the heedy jeebies. I must of caught 10 big ones just to see if i could.

When i was in Fl & TX i seen sharks, didnt bother me either.

Param 08-13-2010 12:52 PM

I'm not a big fan of swimming in the oceans at night. Just don't like...

notorious 08-13-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOhillbilly (Post 6932233)
dont like to noodle. Not saying i wont. But i do other things on the river at night thatd make mens skin crawl.

Missouri has some of the largest fresh water crayfish in the US. Aint nothin better than a bottle, snorkel,headlamp, and mesh bag, hand catching foot long crawdads. And i fear no snake,turtle,stickpile or slough when it comes to froggin and crawdadin.
If its in there im bulldoggin it.
A few times ive gone off the front of the boat only to see a 5ft cotton mouth right next to the frog. And many a times ive tied off and sunk myself into holes to catch them big big crawdads.

walked up out of a slough with my dad once right into a HUGH ball of cotton mouths. Hundreds of em, gave my pops the heedy jeebies. I must of caught 10 big ones just to see if i could.

When i was in Fl & TX i seen sharks, didnt bother me either.

Damn, I didn't know that Crawdads grew that big. The biggest I have seen are 6-7".

My favorite bar in Tulsa was Crawpappys, though, so I have that going for me. :)

MOhillbilly 08-13-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 6932320)
Damn, I didn't know that Crawdads grew that big. The biggest I have seen are 6-7".

My favorite bar in Tulsa was Crawpappys, though, so I have that going for me. :)

dude no shit. i wear a 13 EEE and ive caught em as big as my shoe.