ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Gretz On Cassel: Surviving The Process (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=233265)

the Talking Can 09-11-2010 11:45 AM

I've said over and over again that it would ideal for our mythic first round pick to shit on the bench for a year....even stafford

that's why stashing Claussen on the bench behind Cassel....for a 2nd rounder was such a god damn no brainer, even if he sat 2-3 three years

this lie true fans tell about people being impatient is a projection...True Fans would be impatient because they want revenge for being called true fans while supporting one shitty QB after another....

people with an ounce of god damn sense know a guy coming straight from college takes time....

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6993089)
WRONG.

The overwhelming majority of Chiefsplanet members have supported a first round QB.

Anyone that knows a ****ing thing about the NFL and QB's in general realize that it's very rare that a rookie QB is ready to start from Day One.

If the Chiefs had drafted a QB last year or even this year, developed him for a couple of years while Cassel (or someone else started), I seriously doubt many people would complain.

Seriously? You know better than that man. The fans on this site are ruthless lol. They would be like "how come he hasn't seen anytime, does he suck or something?!" Come on. :)

DJ's left nut 09-11-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 6993096)
How'd I know your reaction? LOL

The article was not only reasonable from an expectation standpoint, it paints the witch hunters in the right light as well. I cant think of any clear thinking individual that would find this article unreasonable.

Quote:

The tone of his voice, the jut of his jaw and the fire in his eyes as he answered the question gave away the fact that while it’s not the No. 1 motivating factor for him, the chance to show everyone he can be a successful NFL quarterback – including the naysayers – is part of what drives him.
Totally reasonable.

Not breathless hyperbole at all.

This article was garbage.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 6993101)
I've said over and over again that it would ideal for our mythic first round pick to shit on the bench for a year....even stafford

that's why stashing Claussen on the bench behind Cassel....for a 2nd rounder was such a god damn no brainer, even if he sat 2-3 three years

this lie true fans tell about people being impatient is a projection...True Fans would be impatient because they want revenge for being called true fans while supporting one shitty QB after another....

people with an ounce of god damn sense know a guy coming straight from college takes time....

That's what I'm saying. People wouldn't be happy at all. They'd want him to start in April.

Ralphy Boy 09-11-2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bane_58 (Post 6993054)
I keep wanting to think the same thing,but deep down,I think we all know better.

This. God knows I want Cassel to be good. I want him to prove us all wrong, but there is nothing about him to date that has shown he ever will.

DaneMcCloud 09-11-2010 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 6993103)
Seriously? You know better than that man. The fans on this site are ruthless lol. They would be like "how come he hasn't seen anytime, does he suck or something?!" Come on. :)

I tend to ignore the dumbasses, especially any dumbass that would be upset about a first round QB.

CrazyHorse 09-11-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6993089)
WRONG.

The overwhelming majority of Chiefsplanet members have supported a first round QB.

Anyone that knows a ****ing thing about the NFL and QB's in general realize that it's very rare that a rookie QB is ready to start from Day One.

If the Chiefs had drafted a QB last year or even this year, developed him for a couple of years while Cassel (or someone else started), I seriously doubt many people would complain.

Without a doubt the self proclaimed chiefsplanets "talent evaluators" are not equiped to let talent be developed. Whether it be Dorsey, Jackson, or this year we have people already talking about Mcluster. Chiefesplanet will always label thier busts in the 1st few games of the season, if not the preseason. Its comical intil you have to listen to it in every thead for a season or 2. Then they move on to the next axe grinding. Its less about evaluation skill and more about personality short comings really.

You know what I haven't heard in awhile? How great a "franchise" QB Sanchez is gonna be.

Chiefs Pantalones 09-11-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 6993113)
I tend to ignore the dumbasses, especially any dumbass that would be upset about a first round QB.

LOL I hear you. Some people want to draft one but they're scared he won't work out. It isn't 1983 lol.

Bane 09-11-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 6993131)
LOL I hear you. Some people want to draft one but they're scared he won't work out. It isn't 1983 lol.

IMO it's worth taking a shot.After dumpster diving for QB's for .......Well FOREVER.....Yeah it's time.

DeezNutz 09-11-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyHorse (Post 6993129)
Without a doubt the self proclaimed chiefsplanets "talent evaluators" are not equiped to let talent be developed. Whether it be Dorsey, Jackson, or this year we have people already talking about Mcluster. Chiefesplanet will always label thier busts in the 1st few games of the season, if not the preseason. Its comical intil you have to listen to it in every thead for a season or 2. Then they move on to the next axe grinding. Its less about evaluation skill and more about personality short comings really.

You know what I haven't heard in awhile? How great a "franchise" QB Sanchez is gonna be.

The people whom you are almost certainly referring to here have been the ones most vocal in defending Dorsey.

It's not about "development" as much as it's about talent and potential. If the player has the latter two, most reasonable people will be far, far more willing to be as patient as needed.

RealSNR 09-11-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Chiefs fans for decades now have screamed and complained about the team not drafting and developing their own quarterback. Based on some of the reaction to Cassel, it’s obvious those who bled red and gold would have no more patience with a young guy than an inexperienced quarterback who came from another team. They would chew him up and spit him out in a matter of years.
You are ****ing wrong, Gretz.

Take your classless, deranged fat ****ing ass and go **** yourself with your WPI-style "premium" content that nobody ****ing gives a shit about because it's so goddamn awful. Die in an AIDS tree forest fire you globulous reeruned hippo.

the Talking Can 09-11-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

crazy right?

all those great players we've drafted year after year that people are wrong about....

wait, wut?

people here defend dorsey like crazy, so you are either lying or just clueless

jackson...well, i'll let you defend that pick...i defended it last year and all it got me was fabulists like you making shit up...no true fan patted me on the back...

CrazyHorse 09-11-2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6993137)
The people whom you are almost certainly referring to here have been the ones most vocal in defending Dorsey.

It's not about "development" as much as it's about talent and potential. If the player has the latter two, most reasonable people will be far, far more willing to be as patient as needed.

Uh.....Im not new. Check my sigf up date. Im more than familiar with the patience of chiefsplanet. Of course im speaking in general terms. Some dont fall in that category. Maybe you dont. But, there's no doubt in my mind I know what Im talking about. Because Ive watched it play out over and over for more than 10 years now.

RealSNR 09-11-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

So you're saying that if the Chiefs drafted Sanchez and started him last year and he played about as well as he played in NY, you would doubt his abilities as a starting QB in the NFL. And you might even call him a bust.

You'll do that to a 23-year old who's still pretty raw and inexperienced but should any fan declare Cassel a failure... why... that's just so presumptuous and impatient.

DJ's left nut 09-11-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 6993137)

Exactly.

I've never said a foul word about Dorsey. Hell, I'm one of like 4 guys on this board that defended Pollard.

What 'bust' have we labeled in the first 1 or 2 seasons that didn't turn out to actually be a bust?

Crazyhorse's argument could perhaps have merit if all these guys that the 'faux talent evaluators' were shitting on early weren't actually awful.

Just sayin'...