ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs What are the chances we make the playoffs in 2010? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234273)

ElGringo 09-27-2010 06:37 PM

Thinking about 70%....purely winning the division, do not believe we stand a chance any other way.

Pablo 09-27-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEAUX SAINTS (Post 7044545)
I voted 40% (but honestly now that I'm thinking about it I may go 30%), I haven't looked at your guys schedule enough to give a real accurate opinion though. No offense but I wouldn't be too surprised if you guys pull a Denver and just start sucking

I wouldn't be too surprised if Drew Brees' eczema scar slowly morphed into a vagina over the course of the season; then Glenn Dorsey ****ed it mercilessly in the SUPERBOWL.

Jerm 09-27-2010 06:44 PM

I voted 70%....division is there for the taking as San Diego is beyond Jekyll and Hyde right now and we're off to a great start.

I can't wait for these next two games...litmus test just to see how far we've come.

GEAUX SAINTS 09-27-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PostRockPablo (Post 7044613)
I wouldn't be too surprised if Drew Brees' eczema scar slowly morphed into a vagina over the course of the season; then Glenn Dorsey ****ed it mercilessly in the SUPERBOWL.

Because Glenn Dorsey is such a world beater with his 2.5 career sacks.

I'm rooting for you guys to make the playoffs, I just don't trust Cassel and I'm not sure how you guys'll do further into the season when other teams are seeing you as legitimate threat.

cdcox 09-27-2010 07:00 PM

Wow, I was surprised how high my estimate turned out. I used my software after roughly ranking the teams in 5 groups. Power ratings are the the same for each team in each group. This is my gut feel of how things will shake out (in terms of team strength) by the end of the season. I then simulated the season 5000 times, applied the tiebreakers etc.

I came out with a 67% chance of us making the playoffs. Win probability graph in the next post.

Group 1 (elite)
IND, NO ,PHI, PIT

Group 2 (next level down)
SD, DAL, NE, NYJ, GB, HOU, TEN, BAL

Group 3 (middle of the road)
CIN, MIA, SEA, KC, NYG, ATL, CHI, MIN

Group 4 (starting to stink)
DEN, OAK, SF, JAX, TB, CAR, WAS, ARI

Group 5 (stink, stank, stunk)
BUF, STL, DET, CLE

ClevelandBronco 09-27-2010 07:05 PM

I guess the AFC West is contractually obligated to send someone.

cdcox 09-27-2010 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Below is a bar graph showing the probability of winning x games. In the red shaded regions we make the playoffs. In the gray shaded regions we don't.

DaFace 09-27-2010 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7044729)
Below is a bar graph showing the probability of winning x games. In the red shaded regions we make the playoffs. In the gray shaded regions we don't.

Huh. 10-11 wins would be pure insanity IMO, but with our schedule, I suppose it's possible. Still, not gonna hold my breath.

DeezNutz 09-27-2010 07:17 PM

70%.

50-50 shows no balls.

DaFace 09-27-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby78bell (Post 7044439)
before the season started i had the chiefs at 10-6,right now i have the chiefs at 12-4 the colts own us,texans will be tough so there two loses. but the rest of the schedule 11 games the chiefs should win 9 out of 11

Damn. You're a definite "glass is half full" person.

cdcox 09-27-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 7044773)
Huh. 10-11 wins would be pure insanity IMO, but with our schedule, I suppose it's possible. Still, not gonna hold my breath.

Yeah, the individual game odds for the Chiefs didn't look right. I moved some of the sliders to where I thought they should be. It shifted the distribution a full game to the left and dropped our playoff chances to about 45%, which I feel is about right.

DaFace 09-27-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7044813)
Yeah, the individual game odds for the Chiefs didn't look right. I moved some of the sliders to where I thought they should be. It shifted the distribution a full game to the left and dropped our playoff chances to about 45%, which I feel is about right.

Sounds about right to me.

threebag 09-27-2010 07:39 PM

It won't be as a wildcard. The only way is to win the west.

tk13 09-27-2010 08:10 PM

I don't think we have a good feel for this season yet, though. You have seasons that'll fluctuate... like last year, where you had teams undefeated deep into the season and 2-3 totally dominant teams. Then other seasons where there are good teams, but things are a lot more leveled out.

Just like a couple years ago when the Titans had the best record in the AFC... or the year the Broncos had a first round bye with Plummer. Or that year the Raiders went to the SB. Honestly so far it feels more like one of those seasons than one like last year where there are 2-3 super dominant teams. Too early to say though.

beach tribe 09-27-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 7044955)
I don't think we have a good feel for this season yet, though. You have seasons that'll fluctuate... like last year, where you had teams undefeated deep into the season and 2-3 totally dominant teams. Then other seasons where there are good teams, but things are a lot more leveled out.

Just like a couple years ago when the Titans had the best record in the AFC... or the year the Broncos had a first round bye with Plummer. Or that year the Raiders went to the SB. Honestly so far it feels more like one of those seasons than one like last year where there are 2-3 super dominant teams. Too early to say though.

It's definitely like that, but the thing is, I feel like we are going to win against teams we should beat. We aren't contenders yet, but we have a great chance to make the POs with this schedule.