ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs I think its time for the Cassel doubters to eat their crow (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=238686)

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

This mantra that he has to be a "franchise QB" in order to be successful here is a steaming pile of shit that people keep heaping on in order to continue to try to be "right" about him.

He's never going to be the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben. What he is going to be is someone that we can win games with and will be an asset to this offense.

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273189)
23 TD's, 5 picks. A 90 someodd qb rating. Leading your team to victory after coming back from appendix surgery, what will it take for you?

He needs to win an NFL game while transcribing TommyKat posts on Chiefs Planet so normal people can understand them.

Micjones 12-19-2010 03:54 PM

I really hate the term "franchise QB". There are about 7 of them across the NFL. That's 1 for every 4 teams in the league.

24 Passing TD's, 5 INT's this season.
If you don't like the guy...say that. Make sure everyone knows it's personal and has nothing to do with the way he performs on the field. To keep pretending he hasn't done enough for you to be content is bullshit.

Red Brooklyn 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7273190)
I'll take 'what doubters WEREN'T doubting' for $1000, Alex.

Baby Lee, continuing to set standards on interneting.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 7273198)
That run he took off on, took the hit and popped up with the fist-throw and scream was pretty sweet. He's becoming a leader on the field, for certain.

How can you not get behind a guy like that.

Because of the overwhelming need for a lot on here to try to be "right".

dirk digler 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7273188)
This is my response to this thread.

Agree with your response. Cassel has earned my respect with the way he gutted it out today

|Zach| 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273205)
Because of the overwhelming need for a lot on here to try to be "right".

Or miserable.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2010 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 7273200)
This mantra that he has to be a "franchise QB" in order to be successful here is a steaming pile of shit that people keep heaping on in order to continue to try to be "right" about him.

He's never going to be the level of Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, Ben. What he is going to be is someone that we can win games with and will be an asset to this offense.

Depends your definition of a franchise QB.

My definition is someone you can win a SB with. There are several of those guys in the league, including guys like Rodgers, Ryan, etc.

I want a QB at that level, at the least. Doesn't have to be Elway or Manning.

milkman 12-19-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 7273203)
I really hate the term "franchise QB". There are about 7 of them across the NFL.

24 Passing TD's, 5 INT's this season.
If you don't like the guy...say that. Make sure everyone knows it's personal and has nothing to do with the way he performs on the field. To keep pretending he hasn't done enough for you to be content is bullshit.

I'll be honest, the thing that helped me get behind him.

He grew facial hair.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 7273156)
He has to win in the playoffs. Bottom line. I want wins in January and February. This good in the regular season really don't mean shit when it comes down to it. Cassel has played the last couple of months with about everything we want in a franchise QB but it comes down to winning when it counts.

And if he doesn't this year, we will get numerous posts from you about how you were right and how he sucks.

The fact this team is even looking at the playoffs in year 2 of a massive rebuild is impressive as hell.

Micjones 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273212)

My definition is someone you can win a SB with. There are several of those guys in the league, including guys like Rodgers, Ryan, etc.

Hilarious for two reasons.
1. He's outplayed BOTH of them this season.
2. Neither of them have ever won a Superbowl.

beer bacon 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7273141)
No, it isn't.

He had an average game against a bad defense.

You people really need to have higher standards.

It was a gutty, winning peformance, but he has a ways to go before he proves he's worthy of being called a franchise QB. He has to play well the next three weeks in a row, or there will be questions.

2,700 passing yards, 24 TDs, and 5 INTs. He has played well this season, and it is silly to think otherwise. Also, today he had would have four or five more completions and a bunch more yards if our receivers didn't have the dropsies. He played very well. He showed good touch and accuracy, and he also showed good poise in the pocket and scrambling ability. Just admit he did a fine job.

The Bad Guy 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Then your definition of a franchise QB extends to about half of the QBs in the NFL.

milkman 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

So, Eli Manning is a franchise QB?

Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson were?

keg in kc 12-19-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedThat (Post 7273189)
23 TD's, 5 picks. A 90 someodd qb rating. Leading your team to victory after coming back from appendix surgery, what will it take for you?

The same thing it will take for the entire team to convince me they've really turned around: meaningful games against good competition.

It's not his/their fault they've played the schedule that they have - they don't have any control over who lines up against them - but the fact remains that I have to see them do it against quality teams before I'm really convinced. I'm just not going to be sold before that point.

Maybe we'll see that in January. Maybe we'll see it in 2011. We're not going to see it in December. And that's not his fault or the team's fault, obviously.