ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Possible broken finger; worth it to see a doctor? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=239585)

memyselfI 01-03-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7318564)
The pain extends all the way to my ass.

Wow, you must have LOOOOOOOOONG fingers. :D

jjjayb 01-03-2011 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7318514)
This is similar to what I've heard. Thanks. Our health insurance changed (for the worst) Jan. 1 and now going to the doctor has become less automatic..so to speak.

Lol. I LOVE hearing libs complain about their health insurance after Obamacare.

HemiEd 01-03-2011 04:56 PM

You are eventually going to pay your deductable, right? What is the difference between now and March or June?

I almost lost a finger the end of September, removing a ring and pinion to sell for a $100. I think I am up to about $2000 in medical bills now, but I still have my finger, and they all tell me how lucky I am.

I have a very strong appreciation for my fingers now. I say get it looked at.

memyselfI 01-03-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjjayb (Post 7318572)
Lol. I LOVE hearing libs complain about their health insurance after Obamacare.

Did not vote for him and have been one of his biggest critics. Do not support his HC bs.

memyselfI 01-03-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 7318580)
You are eventually going to pay your deductable, right? What is the difference between now and March or June?

I almost lost a finger the end of September, removing a ring and pinion to sell for a $100. I think I am up to about $2000 in medical bills now, but I still have my finger, and they all tell me how lucky I am.

I have a very strong appreciation for my fingers now. I say get it looked at.

Wow that is scary. I might wait till tomorrow. See what the swelling looks like and if it's still blue.

OnTheWarpath15 01-03-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 7318525)

What.

The.

chiefzilla1501 01-03-2011 05:01 PM

I've jammed my finger a million times from playing basketball. Had a few nasty jams a few years ago, one which caused a lot of bleeding. I treated it myself and I know for sure that it didn't set right. My fingers work fine, but I can tell they're weaker than the others and I know it's going to really bother me big time when I get older.

Plus, now I have to jerk it with a few fingers. Makes the tug a little tougher to pull off.

I'd get it checked out. I wish I wasn't such a stubborn little shit.

Phobia 01-03-2011 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7318598)
What.

The.

Yeah, this thread is worthless with pics. Frankly, I prefer all my incest jokes in text form.

Rain Man 01-03-2011 05:02 PM

I've broken the same pinkie finger a couple of times. The first time I went to the doctor and he shrugged and said, "Let it heal". My impression is that unless the bone is displaced there's not much they can do.

The first time, it took about two years before I could make a fist. The second time it was about a year. Both times I looked pretty sophisticated when drinking, because my pinkie would be extended as per high society requirements.

It healed fine, though, because now I don't even remember which hand it was.

Reaper16 01-03-2011 05:12 PM

Perry Bible Fellowship > all y'all

DJ's left nut 01-03-2011 05:14 PM

Admit it:

BadGranny put you up to this, didn't she?

Iowanian 01-03-2011 05:24 PM

It sounds jammed. have someone yank on it.

If it's not dislocated, they don't do anything but put a splint on it. If it's dislocated, unless it's in the joint and needs pins, they'll pop it and put a splint on it.

I've broken fingers more than once, and had them dislocated and laid across my palm...and jammed. It's not easy to tell and it hurts about the same.

Ice and splint and rub some dirt on it. Ronnie Lott chewed his off and played a football game, you can continue to bake pies and vacuum woman.

Iowanian 01-03-2011 05:27 PM

KONCHO!

Phobia 01-03-2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 7318524)
Ha, no. We were joking around and trash talking and I punched him and he tried to punch me back. My hand got in the way. He felt so bad. Just a weird accident. Sounds worse than it was.

The proper authorities have been notified.

Iowanian 01-03-2011 05:30 PM

It's against the Law to punch a child.

Maybe not Sharia law.....but Missera Law.