ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Is Belichik's ego out of control? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240422)

Brock 01-17-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7363919)
It's been 4 years since they won a playoff game. More than 2 teams have had better success in recent history. When the Pats were winning superbowls they were running their team much more like other teams do. All the Belichik way stuff hasn't paid off where it counts.

What are those more than 2 teams that have had better success in recent history? The Steelers are probably a better overall organization. What other teams are a more consistent contender than the Patriots?

B_Ambuehl 01-17-2011 01:58 PM

If you consider winning in the playoffs a true measure of success than any team that's won a playoff game since '07 has had more recent success than Belichik.

Steelers
Ravens
Jets
Colts
Chargers
Saints
Cardinals
Packers
Cowboys
Bears
Vikings
Seahawks (lol)

You get the point.

Brock 01-17-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7363971)
If you consider winning in the playoffs a true measure of success than any team that's won a playoff game since '07 has had more recent success than Belichik.

Steelers
Ravens
Jets
Colts
Chargers
Saints
Cardinals
Packers
Cowboys
Bears
Vikings
Seahawks (lol)

You get the point.

You're seriously going to call all of those organizations better than the Patriots? Ha ha, okay.

GloryDayz 01-17-2011 02:03 PM

I'm not sure about Bill himself, but his wardrobe sure is!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_1OMiSrEJXn...+belichick.jpg

Rausch 01-17-2011 02:09 PM

LOST...

B_Ambuehl 01-17-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 7363984)
You're seriously going to call all of those organizations better than the Patriots? Ha ha, okay.

They've been more successful where it counts...on the football field in the playoffs.

The Pats media popularity and regular season success haven't transferred to beating good teams in the playoffs in recent history and I think that's largely explained in the OP. Belichik's outlier approach in player personnel and staffing appear to be holding the football team back.

Brock 01-17-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7364015)
They've been more successful where it counts...on the football field in the playoffs.

The Pats media popularity and regular season success haven't transferred to beating good teams in the playoffs in recent history and I think that's largely explained in the OP. Belichik's outlier approach in player personnel and staffing appear to be holding the football team back.

Yeah, holding them back by winning the division like 9 out of the past 10 years. They're serious contenders every year by definition. Good grief, you're being ridiculous.

kcxiv 01-17-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 7363344)
He coached the team to a 14-2 record and lost by 7 points in the playoffs to a team with whom they split in the regular season. Really?

Not to mention this was their rebuilding year and they went 14-2. Patriots fans can ****ing **** off and die.

InChiefsHeaven 01-17-2011 02:28 PM

So...the Pats won 14 games this year, and lost in the playoffs...yeah...they suck. Bellicheck should be fired...

...what the hell? I'd kill for that kind of success. The Pats are the model for the rest of the NFL. The fact that they don't win the Superbowl every year is now a standard for whether or not the coach is any good...is...ridiculous.

Rausch 01-17-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl (Post 7364015)

LOST...

Dave Lane 01-17-2011 02:48 PM

Just for the record if you decide to cut him loose, we'll take him. I like Haley a lot, but not that much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7363471)
His ego is out of control if you're referring to the stupid ****ing fake punt which cost them 7 points. They punt that ball and probably go into halftime 7-3, not down 14-3. That stupid coaching decision, and Brady playing average and throwing that pick, is what ultimately cost them the ballgame (as did the O-line once again deciding to suck at the worst point in the season a la the 2007 SB, and the defense's inability to stop the Jets when the Pats got it to 14-11).

But that was a brainfart, not an indication of an out-of-control ego. Belichick has done a great job for a decade now. They're always above .500 and challenging for the division title, and have made the playoffs more often than not. This season he took a team most figured for 8-10 wins at best, in a rebuilding year with the youngest defense in the league, two rookies at tight end, and two who-dats at running back (BJGE and Woodhead), and won 14 games, beating a shitload of playoff-bound and playoff-caliber teams. Did he shit his pants yesterday? Yes. Does it irritate the **** out of me that for two seasons in a row his team wasn't prepared for the playoffs? Yes. Does that mean his "ego is out of control"? Uh, no. He's shown that his way works, season in and season out.

Easy 6 01-17-2011 07:46 PM

I've never been his biggest fan, but if his head was that swollen he'd have never been so cordial to Ryan after the game.

His team got whupped & he showed some class about it.

KCBOSS1 01-17-2011 08:26 PM

I love Bill Belichick. I think that pro athletes are rediculously overpaid, super consumed, rediculous distractions and open their mouths way too much. Old School; makes me like him more than ever. Greatest coach of all time

chiefzilla1501 01-17-2011 08:36 PM

Yikes. Full of fail. First of all, the Pats are still a very good franchise. They made the Super Bowl only three years ago and went 14-2 this season. Second of all, the overachievers are the guys who carried the team that far. They're not the problem. The problem is that the Pats for years have been worried about plugging in talent gaps by drafting for need (like drafting Maroney and Chad Jackson) and bringing in shitty leaders like Adalius Thomas and Randy Moss.

The Pats had their first good draft in ages last year. If they have a good draft in 2011 with their gajillion picks, that team is going to be downright scary. What you fail to mention is that the team is kind of rebuilding. You just wouldn't know it, because Brady has the ability to make an elevate the play of an otherwise average team.

TimeForWasp 01-17-2011 08:54 PM

I will bet the Patriots hate having the first round bye.