ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life What is your greatest fear? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241065)

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7398029)
Disease-wise, I would agree that that's about the scariest one I can imagine.

I had an uncle die in October from ALS. It is UGLY. Has to be one of the worst things.

KCKID58 02-01-2011 02:27 PM

Quicksand, spiders, bee's

Jenson71 02-01-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 7398012)
I'm not afraid of dying or even dying painfully.

I'm afraid of dying slowly and helplessly. I'm terrified of ALS.

On the good side, you can properly prepare yourself for death in that case.

At this point in my life, I don't have many responsibilities outside of the things I easily control (do my homework, brush my teeth). There's not much I fear. I used to fear public speaking. It was horrible, and I would skip days in high school because of that. But I got through that and I can give a speech in front of a huge crowd now if I had to (and I've had to more than once).

Parents say that their biggest fear is usually leaving behind their kids when they need them most, but I don't have that. What I have is a younger brother who is going to Afghanistan soon. He is my only brother, my only sibling, and we've had too many quarrels over the years, as many brothers do, for our relationship to be considered completed. The truth is, I like him a lot. He's a good person, and we share a lot of interests. And in a lot of ways, I admire him, though he is younger than me. I think he's cool and I think he could be my best friend, my closest confidant, the person who will always be there for me, just like I will be there for him. And there is a fear in me that in an instant, every potential great thing between us, and just for him alone, his future, could be over. Or, he could be seriously injured. I fear that he could face the worst kind of pain and torture and loneliness and there wouldn't be anything to do except be here and do a mundane daily routine.

Gracie Dean 02-01-2011 02:32 PM

Quote:

Do you have someone in your family that has had this?

Saccopoo 02-01-2011 02:32 PM

Nothing, really.

My dream death would be to be eaten by bears or sharks. Recycled through nature.

In fact, I think that when it's time, I'm going to walk into the woods with a bucket of gravy, pour it over my head and let the bears or cougars eat me.

To finalize life through a searing white heat of having your flesh rend from your body by some large, carnivorous animal...awesome.

You can take your old, wrinkled, ineffective bodies dying a slow death in a hospital bed or nursing home and shove 'em up your ass. I'm going out the way nature intended.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCKID58 (Post 7398143)
Quicksand, spiders, bee's

3 things that have never seriously injured anyone I know for $1000 Alex.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7398165)
3 things that have never seriously injured anyone I know for $1000 Alex.

So, you're stating that people around the world can't and/or haven't died from spider bites, bee stings or in quicksand?

Bane 02-01-2011 02:36 PM

I'm scared of sharks.:facepalm:

J Diddy 02-01-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

If I ever contracted that about the time that I was losing it I'm pretty sure I'd find a bullet.

Marcellus 02-01-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 7398166)
So, you're stating that people around the world can't and/or haven't died from spider bites, bee stings or in quicksand?

Nope, I just find it interesting people are scared of things that in their life situation rarely cause death or major damage.

Anyone posting on this board has little chance of dying from any of those things unless you are severely allergic to Bees and I almost asked.

Being afraid of drowning, or dying in a fire is understandable. It happens.

My GF is scared to death of things she has no reason to legitimately fear.

Snakes would be a great example. The death rate of snakebite in the US has to be about as common, or less than, as winning the lottery.

However people die from hypothermia more often than snakebite. How many people are scared of freezing to death?

(Right now may be the wrong time to ask that question)

Hammock Parties 02-01-2011 02:43 PM

I'm scared people will stop respecting and admiring me around here.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 7398183)
Nope, I just find it interesting people are scared of things that in their life situation rarely cause death or major damage.

Because people tend to be scared or fear the irrational.

That's why horror movies and movies about dinosaurs eating people, sharks eating people, birds killing people, etc. have been so popular over the last century.

With that said, it's sad to read about children that have died after being stung by a bee and/or spider, or killed by ants, etc. Sharks usually kill a few dozen people worldwide (and a few dozen more go unreported), so it's not out of the question that you could be out surfing one day and get eaten.

Over-Head 02-01-2011 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 7397908)
, but what is your greatest fear?

Getting cancer, and dying from it

Over-Head 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClayWhit (Post 7398185)
I'm scared people will stop respecting and admiring me around here.

best go stick your head in the sand now sunshine

RedNFeisty 02-01-2011 02:47 PM

I don't fear cancer, I don't fear leaving my kids behind through death(even though I would hate it). What I do fear, is something horrific happening to my children and there won't be anything I can do about it, like a person taking them from me, an accident taking their lives. That is what I fear most in life.

God can allow anything to happen to me, but please have mercy on my children and let them lead a safe and happy life.