ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Dessert Warfare: Round 1, Match 5 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244375)

patteeu 04-26-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7592817)
It's pretty good. It's more or less ice cream that's encased in a ball of meringue. It's heated in an oven just long enough to brown the meringue but not melt the ice cream. Basically, it's ice cream meringue pie without the crust, and round.

Oh. My bad.

Reaper16 04-26-2011 01:37 PM

Why are there seventeen thousand different iterations of cheesecake in this competition? Are they REALLY significant enough from each other to warrant separate entries?

patteeu 04-26-2011 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7592834)
Why are there seventeen thousand different iterations of cheesecake in this competition? Are they REALLY significant enough from each other to warrant separate entries?

Just say cheesecake isn't dessert and refuse to vote for any of them.

Rain Man 04-26-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7592834)

Yes. Yes, they are. This is like asking why we would have different types of women in a most beautiful woman poll.

Reaper16 04-26-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 7592869)
Just say cheesecake isn't dessert and refuse to vote for any of them.

:D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7592888)
Yes. Yes, they are. This is like asking why we would have different types of women in a most beautiful woman poll.

I don't think that your simile works.

Rain Man 04-26-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 7592905)
:D

I don't think that your simile works.

Imagine the women with caramel on them. Or maybe insert "brunette women" in the first part of the sentence.

Amnorix 04-26-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7592650)
It seems like it should be good. I just wish they'd replace the espresso with more chocolate. They're both beans.

Bananas Foster is indeed in the tourney. Like you, I don't really view banana as a dessert thing, but if it's the main theme like the grilled bananas with homemade caramel sauce I made a while back, it works.

You've never had a banana split?

Four months ago at Legal Seafoods my wife and I were debating what dessert to share because I couldn't handle eating a whole one myself. We couldn't really decide, so we went with something neither of us had ever had before -- the banana foster.

That's the first time I ever had a solid banana any way but "au naturel".

:shrug:

RockChalk 04-26-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 7592941)
Four months ago at Legal Seafoods my wife and I were debating what dessert to share because I couldn't handle eating a whole one myself. We couldn't really decide, so we went with something neither of us had ever had before -- the banana foster.

That's the first time I ever had a solid banana any way but "au naturel".

:shrug:

Somewhat off topic, but bananas are one of those food items that garner a wide-range of opinions. Take me for example...I only will eat crisp (think green/barely yellow peel) bananas. If they are in any way soft or mushy, no thanks.

I love things like banana bread, banana cream pie and banana splits. But I hate banana-flavored anything (think runts or ice cream)

cdcox 04-26-2011 02:14 PM

I voted Baked Alaska when I realized the standard preparation does not include mint. I've avoided Baked Alaska for years because some dolt made it with Peppermint one time, without clearly labeling it as such on the menu. Can you believe that?! Now I want to try it again.

I also was really excited to see coconut cream pie. When I think of cream pie, I think of banana and lemon miringue. But coconut is really good. Rep to whoever claims to have nominated that awesome dessert.

RockChalk 04-26-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7592965)
I voted Baked Alaska when I realized the standard preparation does not include mint. I've avoided Baked Alaska for years because some dolt made it with Peppermint one time, without clearly labeling it as such on the menu. Can you believe that?! Now I want to try it again.

Mint should only be used for gum or schnapps

cdcox 04-26-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 7592985)
Mint should only be used for flavoring antifreeze to keep anyone with a brain from drinking it.

I agree totally.

RockChalk 04-26-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdcox (Post 7593007)
I agree totally.

LMAO

Rain Man 04-27-2011 09:27 AM

Okay, custard, Alaska, Vanilla Pudding, and coconut cream get saddled with a loss.

(Coconut cream? Really?)

cdcox 04-27-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 7595033)
Okay, custard, Alaska, Vanilla Pudding, and coconut cream get saddled with a loss.

(Coconut cream? Really?)

Bye Bye Coconut Cream Pie

:sniff:

BigMeatballDave 04-27-2011 09:32 AM

Coconut Cream Pie losing is a travesty.