ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft This was genius. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244514)

the Talking Can 04-28-2011 09:35 PM

i wish people wouldn't quote every single ****ing post by that aids ridden fukhorn knowmo...i have his ass on ignore

and this outcome for the first round was beyond my best hope...just spectacular

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-28-2011 09:36 PM

Great pick.

Chiefnj2 04-28-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 7602902)
Thing is, none of that shit matters when you have Todd Haley on your team.

Haley will change your life.

Haley worked wonders with KC's receivers. That's why they had to go to the street for a playoff starter.

T-post Tom 04-28-2011 09:38 PM

Every pick is a gamble, but I like this on the surface. Haley has a proved track record with WRs. Good job, Front Office.

Strengths:

Prototypical size and length
Focuses and doesn't drop many passes
Great body control and athleticism
Knows how to use frame and shield corners
Attacks ball at its apex
Terrific hands and plucks the football
Reliable and consistent
Red zone terror
Physical runner; doesn't go down easy
Fearless over the middle
Gets a lot of Y.A.C.
Nice hand-eye coordination
Shows awareness as a receiver
Long strider
No. 1 receiver potential at next level
Elite catch radius
Good run blocker

Weaknesses:

Route running needs improvement
Not a huge vertical threat
Speed is above average, but nothing special
Lacks a special second gear to be a home run threat
A little sluggish coming in/out of breaks

Summary: Baldwin brings enough to the table to be viewed as a No. 1 receiver in the NFL, but I don't see him being an elite receiver because he seems to lack the speed and route running (unless this develops in time). Baldwin is a consistent possession receiver who moves the chains and is a difficult cover due to his size and talent. I have a first-round grade on Baldwin going into the 2011 season and his name should be called in the top 30 picks when it's all said and done.

Player Comparison: Brandon Marshall. Marshall has slightly better speed than Baldwin, but both are fearless, consistent possession receivers.

http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...11jbaldwin.php

Extra Point 04-28-2011 09:42 PM

We get Larry Fitzgerald, for less money and more years!

Gotta love it!!!!!!!!!!!

CosmicPal 04-28-2011 09:42 PM

It doesn't matter what his ranking is. All that matters is that 1. He fills a serious need. And 2. That he dramatically improves the position.

He impacts both of those areas.

In addition, we mysteriously slide up a pick AND we score another pick in this year's draft.

So, the pick scores an "A" Even if he doesn't make the Pro Bowl. Just as long as he becomes another solid receiver to keep the defense from boxing in our running game and double/triple teaming Bowe.

This pick immediately gives our TE's more room. And it gives McCluster a little more freedom. Charles will benefit from this pick as well. But he didn't need any more benefit for being one of the best, if not THE best back in football already.

-King- 04-28-2011 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7602921)
Haley worked wonders with KC's receivers. That's why they had to go to the street for a playoff starter.

Who did we have that we could legitimately develop? All we had was Bowe and we see how that turned out.

Direckshun 04-28-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 7602921)

We've done nothing but pick scraps off the garbage heap since he's been here.

This pick was long overdue.

OnTheWarpath15 04-28-2011 09:47 PM

Goddamn, I love this pick. I was on the phone with a buddy out of town all night begging to get Baldwin, and we ****ing got him.

Got a high 3rd to boot. Good ****ing work, Scott. Now don't **** it up in the 2nd/3rd tomorrow.

Haley's going to turn this kid into a ****ing monster.

BigRedChief 04-28-2011 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 7602778)
Ok so were the bears trying trade with the Ravens to leapfrog us for Baldwin??? If so ROFL

I think Haley can turn this guy into a pro bowler

Maybe thats why the Chiefs were ready to pull the trigger so fast. The Bears had contacted them about moving up?

keg in kc 04-28-2011 09:49 PM

I was shocked when the pick was made. I expected some lame offensive tackle or guard, especially when they made the quick pick to get on top of Baltimore. And then they called Baldwin's name. Who? Stunned silence. I'm like, is this the same front office that drafted Tyson Jackson? They trade down and then take a receiver? I love it. Not even a reach, really; the general consensus across the board going in was that he was the #3 WR in the draft, and many mocks had him going late first.

We're going to be hard to cover...

OnTheWarpath15 04-28-2011 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urc Burry (Post 7602778)
Ok so were the bears trying trade with the Ravens to leapfrog us for Baldwin??? If so ROFL

I think Haley can turn this guy into a pro bowler

I think that Chicago thought we were taking Carimi, and wanted to leapfrog us.

They may have found out late we wanted Baldwin and backed out. That dude from the league that deals with the trades looked ****ing pissed.

I think Chicago backed out somehow when they realized they didn't need to make a deal.

Sfeihc 04-28-2011 09:52 PM

Pioli did a good job today lets see what happens tomorrow with three more picks. So far so good, Pioli.

cabletech94 04-28-2011 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7603010)
I was shocked when the pick was made. I expected some lame offensive tackle or guard, especially when they made the quick pick to get on top of Baltimore. And then they called Baldwin's name. Who? Stunned silence. I'm like, is this the same front office that drafted Tyson Jackson? They trade down and then take a receiver? I love it. Not even a reach, really; the general consensus across the board going in was that he was the #3 WR in the draft, and many mocks had him going late first.

We're going to be hard to cover...

all of THIS!!!!!

what a great day!!!!

Dayze 04-28-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7602824)
Your mother is the top rated whore on slutsforhire.com.

LMAO