ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs QB Ricky Stanzi Iowa (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244601)

kcfanXIII 04-30-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 7608783)
Croyle broke his wrist looking at this thread

then threw an int...

aturnis 04-30-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 7608811)
He was never, ever a gunslinger. He threw INT's because he is prone to making mental errors. It happened over and over and over again his entire career. Iowa had to simplify the offense his SENIOR season, and give him 1-2 reads with high percentage throws. And this is with two of the best WRs Iowa has ever seen, and decent TE's.

I don't mind the pick, but I have a very hard time envisioning him as a starter.
Posted via Mobile Device

Simplified the offense huh? First I've heard of that. All I heard was how much he worked hard during last offseason, studying film yada yada, and cut out all the mistakes this year.

Not saying he didn't get caught watching a receiver from time to time, but if DJK had done for you what he did for Iowa, it might be understandable, the guy was trustworthy. Also, if he was only to make 1 or 2 reads, how does he make all of the improvised plays when escaping pressure? Didn't keep his eyes downfield looking for the open receiver?

TRR 04-30-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 7608837)
Simplified the offense huh? First I've heard of that. All I heard was how much he worked hard during last offseason, studying film yada yada, and cut out all the mistakes this year.

Not saying he didn't get caught watching a receiver from time to time, but if DJK had done for you what he did for Iowa, it might be understandable, the guy was trustworthy. Also, if he was only to make 1 or 2 reads, how does he make all of the improvised plays when escaping pressure? Didn't keep his eyes downfield looking for the open receiver?

I've had discussions on Stanzi over and over. I live in Iowa City, and have watched Stanzi play his entire career, and my opinion has been formed of him over his career.

I could be very wrong, and I hope I am. But, I really felt his improvement on the INT's happened not because of him, but because of the extremely short leash he was on. Stanzi has made some great plays over his career....And some extremely terrible ones that I can't get over easily.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2011 01:02 PM

There were better prospects this year, but the fact that Ass Hattle is teh god-awful suck and needs to be challenged makes me say "okay, why not"(?).

2bikemike 04-30-2011 01:14 PM

Well I don't know if Stanzi is better than Brokie or not but one thing they have in common is the number of wins in the NFL.

buddha 04-30-2011 01:18 PM

We know Croyle is horrible. Stanzi has some tools and some size. I don't think he's great, but I think he has potential. With where we got him, that's the best you can hope for. If he sucks or flames out, big deal.

Hammock Parties 04-30-2011 01:19 PM

Stanzi meets all of the Parcells QB requirements.

1. He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback. CHECK.

2. He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously. CHECK.

3. He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time. CHECK.

4. He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games. CHECK

Mr_Tomahawk 04-30-2011 01:21 PM

Stanzi makes me a bit more interested in the [possible] upcoming preseason.

wazu 04-30-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 7608699)
Well that seals it. He really is Cassel II.

They've probably played a comparable amount of football.

BWillie 04-30-2011 01:23 PM

If it matters any, he had an extremely high Wonderlic score and interviewed very well. He looks the part.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red 5 (Post 7608923)
Stanzi meets all of the Parcells QB requirements.

1. He must be a senior, because you need time and maturity to develop into a good professional quarterback. CHECK.

2. He must be a graduate, because you want someone who takes his responsibilities seriously. CHECK.

3. He must be a three-year starter, because you need to make sure his success wasn’t ephemeral and that he has lived as “the guy” for some period of time. CHECK.

4. He must have at least 23 wins, because the big passing numbers must come in the context of winning games. CHECK

If he can be a better game manager than the Shamed One, he has already paid for himself.

TEX 04-30-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2bikemike (Post 7608907)
Well I don't know if Stanzi is better than Brokie or not but one thing they have in common is the number of wins in the NFL.

THIS.
Brodie is FINALLY G-O-N-E.

Bewbies 04-30-2011 01:39 PM

Will someone start an OFFICIAL START RICKY STANZI thread? Lots of QB's I'd have rather drafted, but he's not Matt Cassel right?

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2011 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bewbies (Post 7608976)
Will someone start an OFFICIAL START RICKY STANZI thread? Lots of QB's I'd have rather drafted, but he's not Matt Cassel right?

Eh, let's let him work with Zorn for a year whilst The Turdwhacker continues to build a case against himself.

Bump 04-30-2011 01:46 PM

Bye Brodie, I will always remember jizzing to the pics of your wife.