ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs A slightly dumb theory that just popped into my head (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248424)

InChiefsHeaven 08-13-2011 08:00 AM

Nobody likes to see your team get its ass totally kicked like that even in preseason. But, it was understandable, given that we played beyond vanilla and didn't have any starters (for the most part) in the game at all. It's not like Haley can say "Yeah, we're really not going to bother trying at all, we're just getting through this stupid game". They still want people to come out, even in pre-season. Once I saw the first series and no playmakers at all...I knew I was in for what may be the worst preseason game ever.

My only thing is, how can you possibly evaluate the rookies if they are just getting abused by first stringers? It's like the whole thing was a big waste of everyone's time...

bobbything 08-13-2011 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 7822553)
Once I saw the first series and no playmakers at all...I knew I was in for what may be the worst preseason game ever.

Yup. From what I saw, I don't think I've ever anything this bad...outside of a practice. But, I just kept telling myself that it basically was a practice.

It does concern me somewhat that because of how slowly Haley is breaking everyone in, that in 4 weeks this team will not be ready.

Direckshun 08-13-2011 08:25 AM

We got 90 people on our roster.

Yesterday's game was for players 20 through 90.

It's that simple.

Mojo Jojo 08-13-2011 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoter175 (Post 7822384)
Generally speaking this is how the preseason goes from a FO/Coaching perspective.

Game 1. 1's get MAYBE 2-3 drives maximum, then sit. 2's and 3's split the difference.

Game 2. 1's get 2-3 drives, including the first showing of "superstar" talent and "rested" players from game 1. 2's and 3's get the remainder of the game to shake down the rest of the roster in terms of depth.

Game 3. 1's and 2's play ~2 quarters worth of football, usually with the 1's taking the first quarter and a half to themselves, sometimes a full 2 quarters.

Game 4, majority of the 1's sit or play 1-2 drives. "solid" 2's play 3-4 drives and sit. 3's and bubble 2's play the rest of the game.

It had crossed my mind tonight after the 2nd or 3rd drive that perhaps Haley was setting up this game to be "rough" for the young guys while protecting his legitimate 1st teamers and not really playing anyone who has a solid role or needs time to grow, or to get up to speed.

But, we looked pretty atrocious all around. Hard to tell with how bad the line played tonight.

You're wrong about Game 3. Starters and key 2's will play the entire first half, and the beginning of the third qtr. Game 3 is the conditioning game. See how players warm up after cooling down at halftime...how does the body respond. Game 3 is also the game planning game for coaches...including adjustments at the half.

Messier 08-13-2011 08:50 AM

All I needed to know about the game was Quinten Lawrence was key in the game plan. I saw him everywhere, and they kept calling his name on the broadcast. Any game that features Quinten Lawrence, is meaningless, except to Quinten Lawrence and his mother.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-13-2011 09:20 AM

There's really no reason for this thread because Haley said himself that he was treating this game like a practice. What's to discuss but how the second and third string did Friday night?

InChiefsHeaven 08-13-2011 09:21 AM

Heh. I was amazed at how many names I completely didn't even recognize. I found myself chuckling a bit at how the announcers were sucking off the Bucs like they were world beaters against our water boys.

redfan 08-13-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanilla Thunder (Post 7822629)
There's really no reason for this thread because Haley said himself that he was treating this game like a practice. What's to discuss but how the second and third string did Friday night?

Yup(but why not have a thread)
The only reason the starters saw any "action" at all was because of fan appreciation night.

Messier 08-13-2011 09:35 AM

The announcers, at the end of the game seemed to reach the conclusion that the Bucks are an up and coming team that no one will want to play, and that the Chiefs were lucky last year, and will come back to earth this year. But, they are the NFC crew.

redfan 08-13-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 7822641)
The announcers, at the end of the game seemed to reach the conclusion that the Bucks are an up and coming team that no one will want to play, and that the Chiefs were lucky last year, and will come back to earth this year. But, they are the NFC crew.

I heard Howie Long give a lil props to the Chiefs and just about fell outa my chair.

Warrior5 08-13-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 7822641)

Exactly. Haley's deception plan is working perfectly....

Muahahahaha!!

Exoter175 08-13-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojo Jojo (Post 7822591)
You're wrong about Game 3. Starters and key 2's will play the entire first half, and the beginning of the third qtr. Game 3 is the conditioning game. See how players warm up after cooling down at halftime...how does the body respond. Game 3 is also the game planning game for coaches...including adjustments at the half.

Didn't I just say that? Quarter and a half to 2 quarters for the 1's?

Predominantly you play between 2-2 1/2 quarters with your 1's in the 3rd game, but with the new CBA and shortened off season I don't think we'll see our 1's in past the half.

Halfcan 08-13-2011 10:01 AM

This game was not practice for the Bucs-they came in like it was the Super Bowl,

20 point lead and they still had their starting QB in there and were Blitzing Every down. They spanked us.