ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Branden Albert is innocent. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249030)

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7855498)
I'd still like to see it when you have time.

It's very blurry. From what I can tell Mo was late reacting to the ball.

milkman 08-27-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7855497)
i can see why they made the call on hudson...he's got his hands on the defender, when the defender lunges at charles it looks like Hudson is bringing him down....really depends on which angle the ref is seeing it from

And yet, there was a play in which Bowe was essentially getting mugged by the DB, and it appears the back judge was looking directly at them, and there was no flag.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855503)
Sorry Clay but screen shots and smartly edited GIFs won't be able to justify your love for Albert.

Haha, what?

The guy gave up one legit pressure all night.

You're blind if you see anything else. Period.

Accusing me of editing gifs....nice....**** yourself.

This has nothing to do with "love" for Albert. I'm just committed to the truth about Albert and people are being unfair. A lot of idiots see pressure coming from the blindside and don't even realize it was the TE blowing the block.

Quote:

Good gawd look at pic #2, if that's all our LT has to offer in pass protection we might as well line up Pope over there and cover him with Moeaki.
It was a play-action fake. Albert carried out his run fake and then turned around and saw Moeaki getting absolutely beasted by the DE. Not sure how that's his fault.

As for the cut block, it had exactly 0 impact on the play.

the Talking Can 08-27-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7855505)
And yet, there was a play in which Bowe was essentially getting mugged by the DB, and it appears the back judge was looking directly at them, and there was no flag.

yeah, i thought that was an obvious call....life in the nfl

tonyetony 08-27-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

The officiating was pathetic last night. After re-watching it the Rams OL was blatantly holding consistently and getting away with it.

OnTheWarpath15 08-27-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

I'd like to see that play again as well.

From what I remember, Bowe was jammed at his break, which is legal.

The defender had perfect coverage on him the entire route, and I don't recall him grabbing or hooking Bowe. Remember, he can have a hand on his back, and it's perfectly legal. Just can't grab or hook an arm.

Again, I'm going from memory, but it just looked like good coverage to me.

The bigger question is why we're running a 6 yard route on 3rd and (IIRC) 9 or 10.

Rams Fan 08-27-2011 09:15 AM

The play you're talking about is Fletcher breaking up a pass with Bowe.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7855509)
I'd like to see that play again as well.

From what I remember, Bowe was jammed at his break, which is legal.

The defender had perfect coverage on him the entire route, and I don't recall him grabbing or hooking Bowe. Remember, he can have a hand on his back, and it's perfectly legal. Just can't grab or hook an arm.

Again, I'm going from memory, but it just looked like good coverage to me.

The bigger question is why we're running a 6 yard route on 3rd and (IIRC) 9 or 10.

I saved this play....and he definitely got interfered with. It'll be in this week's Gif'd Up. The ball is in the air and the DB is all over Bowe.

milkman 08-27-2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7855497)
i can see why they made the call on hudson...he's got his hands on the defender, when the defender lunges at charles it looks like Hudson is bringing him down....really depends on which angle the ref is seeing it from

I can see why they call it, but from where I sat, Hudson has his hads under the pads, and when the defender tries to disingage and lunges, Hudson gives him a push that knocks him off balance which helps him to the ground quicker.

tonyetony 08-27-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7855506)
Haha, what?

The guy gave up one legit pressure all night.

You're blind if you see anything else. Period.

Accusing me of editing gifs....nice....**** yourself.

This has nothing to do with "love" for Albert. I'm just committed to the truth about Albert and people are being unfair. A lot of idiots see pressure coming from the blindside and don't even realize it was the TE blowing the block.

It was a play-action fake. Albert carried out his run fake and then turned around and saw Moeaki getting absolutely beasted by the DE. Not sure how that's his fault.

As for the cut block, it had exactly 0 impact on the play.

I wish I could put on the blinders and see the future HOF LT you are seeing but I can't. Our OL has serious issues and they start at the tackle positions.

Rams Fan 08-27-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gif Horse (Post 7855513)
I saved this play....and he definitely got interfered with. It'll be in this week's Gif'd Up. The ball is in the air and the DB is all over Bowe.

Better be a Mikell highlight in there.

milkman 08-27-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7855502)
amazing how Stude's limitations are suddenly clearer when he's replaced by Houston....everything Houston does screams Talent...though he still has a lot to learn, he got washed out on some running plays

Jackson is more active, but still not stout at the los..

Studebaker's limitations are made clearer by Sheffield, as well.

Sheffield is not only a faster, more athletic pass rusher, but he was better in run defense last night as well, and it wasn't even close.

Houston is just a freak.

Hammock Parties 08-27-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyetony (Post 7855516)
I wish I could put on the blinders and see the future HOF LT you are seeing but I can't. Our OL has serious issues and they start at the tackle positions.

I don't see a HOFer, but comparing Albert to Richardson is wrong. Albert is an average left tackle, maybe a tad better. Richardson is a disaster.

One pressure in 20 snaps is not an issue as far as I'm concerned.

OnTheWarpath15 08-27-2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7855514)
I can see why they call it, but from where I sat, Hudson has his hads under the pads, and when the defender tries to disingage and lunges, Hudson gives him a push that knocks him off balance which helps him to the ground quicker.

Hudson did have his hands under the pads. To start.

To me, it looks like when the DL tries to disengage, Hudson moves his hand from a legal hold under the pads, to the outside, underneath the armpit - grabbing the outside of the chest plate.

DJ's left nut 08-27-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7855502)
amazing how Stude's limitations are suddenly clearer when he's replaced by Houston....everything Houston does screams Talent...though he still has a lot to learn, he got washed out on some running plays

Jackson is more active, but still not stout at the los..

Houston had better be a player.

If not, it's going to be a long year against the rush. And with Belcher's issues in pass coverage and often playing the strong side, the left side of our defense is going to be abused if that's the best we can do.