ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Brian Waters signed by the Patriots (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=249478)

Deberg_1990 09-04-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7878391)
Key differences:

1.) Belichick signs them for relative peanuts. Snyder throws bazillions at them. By picking them up when they're down, for cheap money, it motivates them to play better to show their former (or future) teams that they were wrong about them.

2.) Belichick coaches an organization that is well-run and wins. Both of those things inspire head-cases to behave more, at least for a while.

3.) Belichick usually doesn't sign them to play key roles. If they end up playing key roles, it's because they show they can.

4.) Waters doesn't fit the problem-child description anyway, more the "old veteran with something left in the tank". (At least, he's not a problem-child compared to Haynesworth.)

and Oh yea, BB has developed a franchise with a culture of winning and a Hall of Fame QB.

Titty Meat 09-04-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878261)
Did I call him out for reposting?

I simply pointed out that it wasn't new news, and recognized that it was deserving of it's own thread.

I also believe that if you think you have brand new news, you should learn to check before you get all excited about posting it like you're breaking news, because there's a very good chance it's already been posted.

Dumbass.

Bowser 09-04-2011 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 7878391)
Key differences:

1.) Belichick signs them for relative peanuts. Snyder throws bazillions at them. By picking them up when they're down, for cheap money, it motivates them to play better to show their former (or future) teams that they were wrong about them.

2.) Belichick coaches an organization that is well-run and wins. Both of those things inspire head-cases to behave more, at least for a while.

3.) Belichick usually doesn't sign them to play key roles. If they end up playing key roles, it's because they show they can.

4.) Waters doesn't fit the problem-child description anyway, more the "old veteran with something left in the tank". (At least, he's not a problem-child compared to Haynesworth.)

All good points, but as a Pats fan, doesn't this have a feel of desperation, if just a bit? Maybe it's just me....

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:33 AM

I didn't even know that Mow Wee Awki was out for the season until late last night. :shrug:

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7878262)
"Call me out?"......for not reading deep into a thread titled "released?"

Dude......get a ****ing life. The next time I want to be sure that news is "worthy of a new thread" I'll be sure to check with you first. I've been on this board for a long time and don't think I need to "check-in" before I post something.

"Call me out".......funny shit!

You can't call out members with join dates of 2000, they're made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

T-post Tom 09-04-2011 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 7878262)
"Call me out?"......for not reading deep into a thread titled "released?"

Dude......get a ****ing life. The next time I want to be sure that news is "worthy of a new thread" I'll be sure to check with you first. I've been on this board for a long time and don't think I need to "check-in" before I post something.

"Call me out".......funny shit!

You can't call out members with join dates of 2001 or longer, most of them are made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

this post is a joke - BTW - but don't think MM meant any ill will - he's just a cranky old bastard.

Bill Brasky 09-04-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7878435)
I didn't even know that Mow Wee Awki was out for the season until late last night. :shrug:

Same here. I found out at the bars from my buddy.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 7878447)
Thanks for the update. Good to know.

**** you! ;)

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Brasky (Post 7878454)
Same here. I found out at the bars from my buddy.

sucks man. Oh well - we're doomed, such is life as a Chiefs fan.

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7878307)
I didn't question whether it deserved it's own thread.

I simply pointed out that it was old news, even though it does probaby deserve it's own thread.

And I didn't break the news.

I just think people should be aware that the news had already been posted.

You disrespected him a little.

Deberg_1990 09-04-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 7878445)
You can't call out members with join dates of 2000, they're made men, well all except Frankie, he's part of the Al Kyeeeta - So SD&SU n00b!

Is he a friend of yours or a friend of ours?

Simply Red 09-04-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7878462)
Is he a friend of yours or a friend of ours?

I don't like many of you, to be honest. So most likely a friend of ya'lls.

slothf 09-04-2011 12:03 PM

good for him..he deserves a ring

milkman 09-04-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slothf (Post 7878490)
good for him..he deserves a ring

Why?