ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs In support of Todd Haley (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251224)

Mr. Arrowhead 10-12-2011 08:25 PM

a little off topic, but isnt this the last year of Haley contract or is it next season?

crossbow 10-12-2011 08:36 PM

I like a coach that can flip off fans and get away with it. He is taking heat for not winning with a team that just plain isn't good enough yet. Getting there but they haven't arived yet. I hope he keeps his job for at least long enough to coach a playoff win.

milkman 10-12-2011 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Arrowhead (Post 7990464)
a little off topic, but isnt this the last year of Haley contract or is it next season?

Next season.

Sassy Squatch 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/w...20/14j1bab.gif

Mr. Arrowhead 10-12-2011 08:37 PM

you gotta feel bad for the guy that got stuck with Matt Cassel as his qb

kysirsoze 10-12-2011 08:43 PM

I'm definitely a Haley supporter. I had a hiccup regarding his preseason approach, but have come to terms with it and respect trying something different. In fact, that's what I like most about Haley. He doesn't seem to slavishly hold to football truisms. He'll go for it on 4th if he feels like it (and the numbers actually back up most of those calls), he'll bench a good player if he thinks it will help his development, the list goes on. He's bound to screw up a few times with this approach, but I think he'll eventually develop his own approach that results in a lot of success. As others have said in this thread, I hope that success is with us and not elsewhere because KC gave up on him.

BossChief 10-12-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 7990392)
Not exactky what I would call a glaring endorsment.

In spite of that fact, and the absolute dumbassery required to mention that useless dumbass, I like Haley and think he has what it takes to be a great coach if given the chance to grow into it.

I totally agree.

Id also like to add (and I have mentioned this a couple times) he has a lot of added value with his backround in scouting and talent evaluation.

There is no doubt in my mind that the reason we had such good drafts the last two were because of the combination of Pioli and then Haley "chipping in" his thoughts on players.

His backround going back to the Steelers and his dad have got be playing a role in the months and weeks leading up to the draft and then on draft day specifically.

One thing needs done though...he needs to take the reigns and call the damn plays.

NJChiefsFan 10-12-2011 09:16 PM

I have said it before and I fully believe it. You give Haley a QB where he can run the offense he ran in ARI, and he will be fine.

The roster plays hard for him and he has gotten the most out of the star players(ex. Bowe and DJ). Thats a huge part of a coaches job. He doesn't have a QB in a QB league.

BossChief 10-12-2011 09:20 PM

Stanzi is gonna **** shit up when he gets a chance with this team and coaching staff.

NJChiefsFan 10-13-2011 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 7990675)
Stanzi is gonna **** shit up when he gets a chance with this team and coaching staff.

That looks less and less likely this year.

jlscorpio 10-13-2011 12:58 AM

I went to Haley's first training camp as HC, and have been a fan of his since. My only beef w/Todd is that he seems unable to hold onto an OC. Maybe if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. I'm definitely not ready to shitcan him over this season. It would be a real shame if he's saddled w/Casshole his entire tenure as HC here.

Easy 6 10-13-2011 05:01 PM

Keep the hat, lose the black slacks, they're one step away from Jerry Glanville.

RockChalk 10-13-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 7990325)
hes sold his house and is on the hot seat....

Cowher is buying it, right?

whoman69 10-13-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 7992712)
Keep the hat, lose the black slacks, they're one step away from Jerry Glanville.

There's a winner to emulate

Easy 6 10-13-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 7992744)
There's a winner to emulate

If he keeps wearing those things, the NFL will stand for...