ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The unsportsmanlike call on McClain catch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251958)

jsmax 11-01-2011 08:12 AM

I thought the un-sportsmanlike conduct was called on the player that knocked McClain to the ground after the play was over when he was getting up. Would like to find a replay that shows the flag being thrown and when.......

Gonzo 11-01-2011 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 8070204)

That's not the link he wanted!he wanted the one that shows the 2pt conversion was no good. You know, the one that doesn't exist.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThaVirus 11-01-2011 08:25 AM

This one was very close, good call. If the Chiefs had been trying to convert the 2, everyone here would suddenly realize the truth.

Chiefnj2 11-01-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsmax (Post 8070278)
I thought the un-sportsmanlike conduct was called on the player that knocked McClain to the ground after the play was over when he was getting up. Would like to find a replay that shows the flag being thrown and when.......

It was hitting a defenseless receiver.

beer bacon 11-01-2011 08:27 AM

I initially was upset they called PF, but there was helmet to helmet contact.

Valiant 11-01-2011 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8070115)
Horrible call. As was the OPI on Gates. Evens out the hose jobs we received, I guess.

I disagree, we had great coverage on him, no hand fighting until after gates pushes off to make the catch.

I agree that it was a bad call on the mcclain catch. The booth said you have to let a wr defend himself on why that is a penalty. That rule/call is why the nfl is going down the toilet imo.

Hootie 11-01-2011 08:32 AM

people must not watch much football, especially MNF...

Gruden "blows" everyone. On every team. He's never critical. I don't understand why Chiefs fans get so butthurt when someone "glows" about Philip Rivers.

THEY WERE GLOWING ABOUT DERRICK JOHNSON, BRANDON FLOWERS AND TAMBA HALI, TOO.

The announcers aren't Chiefs fans. They aren't going to be like "lol Phyllis Rivers with another wobbling crybaby throw!"

I know that's what some of you expect but my god...it's the same people who cry about every Tamba hold...newsflash! He doesn't get held every play...they called it pretty fairly in terms of Tamba last night.

Swanman 11-01-2011 08:45 AM

He was blowing Cassel all night too, so I felt his QB fellatio was somewhat even.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 8070326)

Gruden "blows" everyone. On every team. He's never critical. I don't understand why Chiefs fans get so butthurt when someone "glows" about Philip Rivers.

The announcers aren't Chiefs fans. They aren't going to be like "lol Phyllis Rivers with another wobbling crybaby throw!"

I know that's what some of you expect but my god...it's the same people who cry about every Tamba hold...newsflash! He doesn't get held every play...they called it pretty fairly in terms of Tamba last night.

Brock 11-01-2011 08:50 AM

It was a poorly officiated game all night long. Gates should have had a TD, McCluster didn't fumble, Battle got facemasked badly nocall, etc.

Dartgod 11-01-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8070367)
It was a poorly officiated game all night long. Gates should have had a TD, McCluster didn't fumble, Battle got facemasked badly nocall, etc.

I forgot about the missed face mask. That was on 3rd down on our last possession before the Chargers drive for the apparent game winning field goal, wasn't it?

Brock 11-01-2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 8070398)
I forgot about the missed face mask. That was on 3rd down on our last possession before the Chargers drive for the apparent game winning field goal, wasn't it?

Yep. A very crucial noncall.

kevonm 11-01-2011 09:17 AM

More stuffs

If we had won a challenge, then we could have challenged the play before the TD on the 8 point drive, where the ball contacted the ground on the reception and moved. I think it was incomplete, but no challenges left.

As for the 2 pt conversion, I felt like he did not make the continuation of the catch. the ball was bobbled after he was hit, and since it was a catch and not a run, he needs to establish possession of the ball in the endzone. I don't think think he did this.

Not to mention the call which should have been delay of game, where they knocked our center over trying to get on-sides.

Huffmeister 11-01-2011 09:26 AM

It seemed like even the head ref was getting tired of the bad officiating. At one point late in the game, he was called over to sideline for a brief ref meeting. After a few seconds, he ran back on the field and basically said "**** it, let's just play football."

RealSNR 11-01-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat Dragon (Post 8070326)

Philip Rivers obviously wasn't having the game of his career, and Gruden couldn't stop repeating that dumbass story, "I talked to Rivers after the Jets loss, and he said he was FURIOUS, and that somebody was going to pay for that loss. And I think that somebody might be the Kansas City Chiefs!"

Yeah, he talked up Chiefs players too, but that still doesn't excuse his exceptional dumbassery.

kevonm 11-01-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8070476)
It seemed like even the head ref was getting tired of the bad officiating. At one point late in the game, he was called over to sideline for a brief ref meeting. After a few seconds, he ran back on the field and basically said "**** it, let's just play football."

That play was right at the 2 min warning, he got buzzed to review the call I was speaking to above, the completion that put them within the 5, that the ball looked liked it hit the ground. It was before the warning so there could not be an official review.

THat is my guess