ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Ten Things About Last Night's Game (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=253041)

PatriotsFan :) 11-28-2011 12:24 PM

But Stanzi wouldn't have palyed well.

gblowfish 11-28-2011 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsFan :) (Post 8150957)
But Stanzi wouldn't have palyed well.

Spel chek iz fur puzies.....

KCFalcon59 11-28-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8150855)
8. In a QB driven league, it's really sad to see KC completely 100% mismanage the position over the last 45 years.

FYP

PatriotsFan :) 11-28-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8150962)
Spel chek iz fur puzies.....

• I like to throw a badass spelling error out there every once in a while just to toss things up a little.
  • Sometimes I post naked.
  • At work.
  • It's how I roll.
  • And Stanzi Sucks.
  • Orton will lead the Chiefs 5- and you will see Baltimore in the Playoffs AGAIN.

notorious 11-28-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriotsFan :) (Post 8150973)
  • and you will see Baltimore in the Playoffs AGAIN.

Nah, I deleted that off of Tivo mid-way through the 3rd quarter last year.

Bowser 11-28-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8150947)
One other thing about Steeler fans. I don't hate them, like Raider or Donk fans. They are what we should aspire to be. They travel in droves, they support their team to the fullest, and the team is the identity of their city. Pittsburgh and KC are very similar towns. KC hasn't even sniffed a Super Bowl since Montana was here 18 years ago. Imagine what KC fans would be like if we had been to 8 superbowls? I feel the same about the Packer fans. Hard to dislike them, they are very loyal to their team.

The thing about the Steelers and Packers is, the teams have been loyal to the fans too. They've busted their asses as organizations to get good coaches, players, the best of everything. Football is the only thing that matters to them. Not so much here. Money is what matters to our ownership, especially pocketing $30 million of it annually off the salary cap whenever possible.

Does Pioli need to explain the whole cap available vs. cash available dynamic to you, yet again? It's like the Chiefs have come down with a terminal case of David Glass-itis.

durtyrute 11-28-2011 01:07 PM

Great post but Haley is far from an offense mastermind. Besides in Arizona, when he had Weisenhunts offense and Kurt plus Fitz, when has he shown that on his own he is an offensive matermind? We are the suck when Haley calls the plays.

TIED5573 11-28-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

One other thing about Steeler fans. I don't hate them, like Raider or Donk fans. They are what we should aspire to be. They travel in droves, they support their team to the fullest, and the team is the identity of their city. Pittsburgh and KC are very similar towns. KC hasn't even sniffed a Super Bowl since Montana was here 18 years ago. Imagine what KC fans would be like if we had been to 8 superbowls? I feel the same about the Packer fans. Hard to dislike them, they are very loyal to their team.

The thing about the Steelers and Packers is, the teams have been loyal to the fans too. They've busted their asses as organizations to get good coaches, players, the best of everything. Football is the only thing that matters to them. Not so much here. Money is what matters to our ownership, especially pocketing $30 million of it annually off the salary cap whenever possible.

That's the deal right there. Both are small market teams, like KC. Both had early success and faltered, like KC. But BOTH righted the ship and kept their fanbase support. KC had the same opportunity, and failed. I think I read at one time that Kraft even modeled the Pats on the Chiefs organization. Yet here we are, and unless we can come up with a QB, we have what we saw last nite. No hope.

whoman69 11-28-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 8150784)
NOBODY KNOWS

IT'S ONE OF LIFE's WTF SITUATIONS!

How did they build the pyramids?

What happened to Atlantis?

Who really shot JFK?

Are there aliens visiting us?

Will Kim Kardashian find true love again?

Why won't they give Stanzi a chance?

Let's not forget the whole how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop question.

gblowfish 11-28-2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8151102)
Let's not forget the whole how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Or how many to get to the center of a Kardashian....

whoman69 11-28-2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 8150833)
How did they build the pyramids?
Whips and expendable labor
What happened to Atlantis?
Never really bought into it but if I had to guess the same thing that happened to the guys who organized the pyramids, shit happens
Who really shot JFK?
The mafia, The Kennedy's made their fortune off of bootlegging then turned their backs on some very powerful people
Are there aliens visiting us?
Probably not but I'm open to discussion
Will Kim Kardashian find true love again?
That vapid whore doesn't know what it is
Why won't they give Stanzi a chance?
We've come full circle

[/QUOTE]

You magic eight ball certainly has a lot of choices.

Buehler445 11-28-2011 01:30 PM

Good writeup. As always. Can't say I disagree with any of it.

#1 makes me want to puke. But I see it happening. If they bring Cassel back, I may find something else to do on Sundays. Upgrading Cassel will help this team more than anything they could possibly do. And everybody knows it but Pioli/Haley, whomever is making the decision there. I'm not sure I can give it another year.

And there is absolutely no reason to not try Stanzi. The D is playing lights out, and holds a good offense to 13 points, and we can't score 10. Breaston and Bowe are making plays, and we're able to get a little on rushes. The deficiency is Palko. It makes no sense to shy away from Stanzi. It wouldn't have taken much of a spark to get it going. Hell, if Palko doesn't throw his first INT and Breaston catches it, and everything else remains the same, we win. Just mind boggling.

Slainte 11-28-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 8150699)
And if you thought a stadium half full of Steeler Fans was bad, just wait until December 18th when the stadium is 3/4 full of Cheeseheads.

True. GB has the best traveling fanbase in the NFL by far. In Tampa, for years they sold Bucs-Packers "solo" game tickets in 3 or 4 game packages, in an attempt to discourage Pack fans from buying them up. They may still do that, for all I know.

Calcountry 11-28-2011 01:57 PM

Based on your assessment, Sunday ticket is out for next year as well.

My son was asking me, which season was the best Chiefs Season of all time? To which I responded, when they had Joe Montana, the lost the AFC title game to a 4 time SB loser, but that was in my lifetime. They did win a super bowl.

He says to me, if they ever win a Super Bowl while we are alive, you owe me a dollar. The kid still has faith, I don't. Oh well, at least I was able to pass, "There is always next year", down to another generation.

WV 11-28-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

You would hate steeler fans if you lived on the east coast.