ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs will not move up in the Draft? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255020)

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 8291809)
I understand the frustration with Cassel, believe me.. but he is Middle of the Pack bad.. he isn't the worst in the league.

Give him a line and I think he would be "good"

Barry Richardson is the embarrassment

Interception on a screen pass. 5 Yard check downs on 3rd and 10. No Vertical passing game to speak of even with WR's who can stretch the field.

The man has posted games in which he threw for fewer than 100 yards.

Dude....I consider myself an optimist, but calling Cassel "middle of the Pack" is letting your optimism blind you.

Matt Ryan is middle of the pack.

Joe Flacco is middle of the pack.

Tony Romo is middle of the pack

Matt Cassel shouldn't even be a starter.

Rausch 01-13-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8291971)
Matt Cassel shouldn't even be a starter.

This...

COchief 01-13-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 8291979)
This...

2nded

Chiefaholic 01-13-2012 03:27 PM

Just like every year, people here claim they know more than a GM of an NFL franchise. "There's no way in hell dumbshit Pioli will pick Eric Berry #5 overall in the draft"... What happened? "Dipshit Scott will NOT trade up in the draft"... We tried last year unsuccessfully. And this year, "That stupid SOB who calls himself a GM doesn't think we need a QB and we will NOT make any attempt to trade to get one".... Let's hope the majority here is wrong again.

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 8292018)
Just like every year, people here claim they know more than a GM of an NFL franchise. "There's no way in hell dumbshit Pioli will pick Eric Berry #5 overall in the draft"... What happened? "Dipshit Scott will NOT trade up in the draft"... We tried last year unsuccessfully. And this year, "That stupid SOB who calls himself a GM doesn't think we need a QB and we will NOT make any attempt to trade to get one".... Let's hope the majority here is wrong again.

I agree.

If Pioli doesn't address the QB situation this year, then I'll fault him and label him a stubborn dumbass.

We can't really predict him too well right now other than his inability to venture far from "the Patriot Way".

If his love affair with Cassel continues another season, THEN i'll lose all faith in the man.

This offseason is make or break for this Franchise.

Step up or step back.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 8291809)
I understand the frustration with Cassel, believe me.. but he is Middle of the Pack bad.. he isn't the worst in the league.

Give him a line and I think he would be "good"

Barry Richardson is the embarrassment

Barry Richardson's pressures went down by HALF when Orton stepped in.

Cassel has no business on this team. NONE.

Micjones 01-13-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8291951)
Depends how you view franchise QB. A guy who has won it all at least once, or a guy who gets you in the playoffs consistently and gives the team a chance at winning.

Even with the latter definition I think I've probably only seen a dozen since I started watching football in the mid-80's (six now, six in the past).

ToxSocks 01-13-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 8292037)
I agree.

If Pioli doesn't address the QB situation this year, then I'll fault him and label him a stubborn dumbass.

We can't really predict him too well right now other than his inability to venture far from "the Patriot Way".

If his love affair with Cassel continues another season, THEN i'll lose all faith in the man.

This offseason is make or break for this Franchise.

Step up or step back.

I'll add that my fear is that he'll use Haley as his scapegoat and give Cassel another year, trying to force us to believe that this mess is all Haley's fault.

And a big piece of me thinks that Pioli honestly believes that Cassel is a good QB, and that Haley ruined him, therefore, he'll continue to build AROUND Cassel.

Micjones 01-13-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8292038)
Cassel has no business on this team. NONE.

He'd have to restructure his contract a bit, but I'd take him as a backup.

htismaqe 01-13-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8292058)

He doesn't have the mental make-up to be a backup and I'm not sure he'd handle the demotion anyway. He'd probably demand to be traded, given his penchant for temper tantrums.

O.city 01-13-2012 04:26 PM

Call me crazy, but I think the Chiefs make some type of splash this offseason with the qb position.

Maybe they think Orton is a splash, but I don't think there is anyway Cassel starts every game. Atleast, I hope not. If he starts 8 games and we are say, 2 and 6 somethings gonna happen.

BigRedChief 01-13-2012 04:40 PM

There will be no blockbuster trade to move up in the draft and grab RGIII. We are highly likely to trade down if a targeted player is not available. Which may not be a bad idea. We got houston and gave up nothing last year.

O.city 01-13-2012 04:42 PM

Trade down to around say 21, pick up a couple extra picks. Draft Reiff or G from Stanford.

whoman69 01-13-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8292058)

The only thing I want him as is ex-Chief.

O.city 01-13-2012 05:07 PM

We have nothing to worry about, Stanzi is already on the team, he will be the qb next year.